Game recaps...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Nov 19, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It's pretty sad when the winner is required to post a game recap and only 50% of the winners from week one posted recaps... If Eddie and me and the rest of the PMFL staff can find time to bust our humps for this league, I think EVERYONE here can find time to take two minutes to post a game recap. It's very disturbing to me at the lack of effort I see when it comes to game recaps. Thanks to those of you who are doing your part. Keep up the good work.

*END RANT* ;)

2. CHUNKNESS

3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Hey Doug, just a suggestion... it may look more organized if we had sub folders under the recap section that shows the weeks. So it would look like this

Game Recap
    Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 3

this way if u wanna look at a recap from one week u know where to go.

4. CHUNKNESS

I agree, however, we are unable to create subcategories within subfolders within the forum. Otherwise, I would have implemented that a long time ago. ;) The good news is, the XFN developer is creating team blogs for the XFN site, so we will be able to have recaps and team news posted there instead of the forum.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

he is right then we have to go to every single blog to read the summries

6. soxandgators

The first game of that week should just post a Week 2 thread and everyone reply to it is all.. i will start one for week 2 even though it is over

7. CHUNKNESS

exactly. not ideal. not only that, but we'd have to read through all the replies just to get to the next new recap entry... :(

this is a potential solution. I'll start posting the new week with each advance.

Thx, Mike and Josh.

8. soxandgators

Good stuff Doug thank you

9. CHUNKNESS

Guys, when you are done posting your game recap in your team blog on the XFN site, please take a minute to post a link to the recap (not the entire recap) here in the forum. This way it isn't a duplication and it notifies staff and owners when games have been completed in the forum as well. Eventually we will be able to move away from this when we have a dedicate server and a dedicated forum for the XFN site.

With that said, we only had SIX game recaps out of the FOURTEEN games that were played in week six. Plain and simple... That's awful! I'm disappointed at the laziness and lack of effort we're seeing from some owners. We put a lot of time and energy into this league. I don't think we're asking much when we request a game recap from the winning teams. Take this however you want to, but there are plenty of guys out there chomping at the bit to get in the league who will do what is expected of them. Please abide by our league rule that WINNING TEAMS MUST PRODUCE A GAME RECAP. Thanks for your attention regarding this.

10. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Agreed.

Doug I actually count 10 recaps though. Maybe some teams are getting confused as where to put these game blogs.

Please be aware guys that you when you post a team blog you can assign it as a game summary. When you select the game summary another box allows you to select the actual game the blog is going to be about. However, you need to wait for XFN to update the game on their server otherwise that game won't be an option to post a blog about.

Clock is ticking IMO......tick tock, tick tock....

11. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

I still don't get this xfn site sorry lol
    thats why Im slow...too many sites!!! arggggggg

12. CHUNKNESS

we have our forum and XFN... I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what's not to get?...

13. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

I just couldnt figure out the xfn site...got it now with the commishes help!