Game Scheduling, deadlines and other useful tidbits of knowledge

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Game Scheduling, deadlines and other useful tidbits of knowledge

Here's the deal guys, regular season deadlines are tight, and that's the way things need to be to get through these seasons. However when we get to the playoffs it goes to a nice 3 days to get games in.

Regular Season Deadlines
    Regular season advances will happen every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday @ 6pm est. This means most weeks you have two nights to get the game in, but for 1 week (game wise) every 4 you get 1 day to get it in.

Playoff Deadlines

Each round of the playoffs you will get a maximum of 3 days to get in your game, if we get the games in quicker then we'll advance. Deadlines can be extended, however both users must have agreed on a concrete solid, day and time for when they can play the game, for me to extend the deadline.

Holidays:
    Holidays will not hold up regular season schedules, if you have to go visit or spend time with your kids, just take the sim. However if a holiday falls during the playoffs, I will extend the 3 day deadline to accommodate most people's holiday plans. (extending it a day or two cool, waiting a week so you can get back from the Florida Keys, not going to happen)

User vs Cpu games:
    Don't care if you play one cpu game in your entire existence in the Ten Year War. My goal is for people to focus on creating the best overall team they can, both playing and simming. The other thing is seasons 3, 6, 9, and 10 are going to be sim seasons, so you'll eventually have to build a team that sims well.

User vs User games:
    After the initial schedule gets made you'll know from day one when the deadline for week 17 will be so plan accordingly. Make sure to post in the "gameday" section the week of your game, and teams playing in the game, for example "Week 4 : Carolina vs Saints". In the post make sure to same when your available during that weeks advance. So if we kickoff the season Wednesday, then week 4 will fall on the following Wednesday, which happens to be the single day deadline, so the only relevant availability for me would be Wednesday August 18th after 9pm est.

I expect you to make an effort to play user games. Making an effort means at the minimum posting in the gameday thread, either responding to people, or starting a scheduling post. If you can't make it, you can't make it and the game will get simmed, but make sure the other user knows so he doesn't waste his time waiting for you.

After the game has been played it would be nice if you posted a little paragraph about the game in the original thread, I'll go behind and change the thread's title to reflect the score of the game.

Going out of town:
    If you're going out of town please post in the gameday thread something like "Psycho - out of town 12-2 through 12-8". This way users won't get frustrated that your not responding to there scheduling posts.

How to get on my sh!t list:
    - Schedule a game and be a no show (and not follow up with one hell of a good excuse)
    - Not responding to scheduling posts
    - Posting a scheduling post less then a day before the game should be played, then b!tching that your opponent never posted anything in the scheduling forum and it was BS that the game got simmed. (seriously the next time I hear this I'm just going to kick the one b!tching out)

How to be a good little boy:
    - Post regularly in the Gameday section, either starting scheduling post or replying to scheduling posts
    - give people a heads up when you can't make a user game (even if your excuse is that you have another game in another league that night)
    - follow Traditions gameplay rules... plus the few I have added
    - keep your spreadsheet up to date
    - relax and have fun

Despite the extra rules, the salary cap sheets, the rigid quick deadlines for the regular season, I'm really pretty laid back and like to run an adult (ish), drama free league that is understanding that "Daddy there's a monster in my closet", "Sweetheart are you coming to bed (wink, wink)." or "Oh sh!t, my TPS report needs to go out tomorrow morning!" takes precedence over getting a user game in.

"Sim" Seasons:

Season 3, 6, 9, and 10 will be sim season. Sim seasons will consists of me simming the regular seasons, you will be allowed to play week 1, 6 and 13, then whomever makes the playoffs can play like a normal season, with the 3 day deadline. So basically if you have a sorry cpu sim team, sim seasons will offer you about a 2 week vacation from playing Madden.

Final Note
    Every night for the next week, I'll be working on cleaning up the rules section, and collecting all these tidbits I've scattered throughout the Ten Year War forum so that people can find rules, schedules, and other helpful knowledge. I'm a little busy with kids, wife, work and my 2 other leagues, so be patient, and if me not posting a rule till later screws you over be understanding and I'll do my best to rectify the situation.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

If we are advancing that fast wouldn't we be able to get through 10 seasons in a full madden year or have you calculated it? How long would it roughly take to play all 10 seasons on a hard advance schedule?

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Should get through 8 seasons, maybe 9, then the last 1 or 2 seasons would be an overlap, but they'd be sim seasons.

Last year we got through 7 and could have gotten through 8, before the Madden'11 release and we had a number of things come up (my new baby, me getting sick,delaying a week for a wildcard game that never was played)that delayed advancement a total of a month.

Point is that if we have 1 or 2 "sim" seasons of overlap, it's really no big deal because all people have to do is play the playoffs.

4. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

11 min quarters was WAY too long imo....

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

15 second accelerated clock?

6. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

yea - still seemed to take a long time. probably around an hour and a half realtime... personally, I think 1 hour realtime is ideal. More then that is tough to do...

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I don't think my game took that long but hour and a half is way to long

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

1 Hour real time is what I shoot for, and is what we averaged last year... on 10 min 15 sec acc. qtrs....

Noticed the 11 in quarters when I sent invites out, tried to change it, then after I changed it, it magically switched back. :confused:

I'll try to change it back to 10 minutes again tonight.