Game scheduling, etiquette, and the like

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hellisan, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Game scheduling, etiquette, and the like

I don't mean to come off as a dick here.

But for anybody new to the site...

Let's say you set up a game for 10 PM on a Wednesday.

If you're around and the other person is around before then, I think it's totally acceptable to maybe one time, see if they want to play in advance of when it's scheduled.

If they're not amenable or able to play early... Just play when it's scheduled. Plan on that. And if your schedule changes, then post that it's changed and when the times are that you can play.

But please do not message me multiple times during the course of the day.

I had

1) Game at noon
    2) Chores
    3) Forza racing league at 2
    4) Dinner/Lunch/Meal
    5) Game at 4

And in the meantime I'm getting messaged over and over again.

If you set a time, please try to make it or at least be cordial and considerate about the alternatives.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Agreed. This is why 1 of the league rules is to use these forums to schedule your games.

Yes, if you need to postpone or would like to reschedule you can try, but if the other person isn't available at the new time you'd like, then go with the mutual agreeable time.

Lsu dude, this game is scheduled for 730 est tonite. If you can't make it, I'm gonna auto you so helli can play cpu and we advance.

Everyone remember, there are 11 other guys in this league also all waiting for advances. Yes it sucks to miss a week or 2 but it will happen to us all from time to time

3. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Damn, sorry. I didn't realize getting an xbox message was that aggravating to you. I will utilize the forums from now on. I was just trying to get the game in while we were both online, did not know the game time was set in stone.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I get locked into the game and really don't even check messages. Whether it's getting bulldozed in NCAA earlier today or racing in Forza I don't notice till way later.

See this all started when i started getting calls text messages at 9:30 to play my noon game while I was sleeping. Ended up playing that one half awake just as I got up. So I was annoyed already. I really DON'T mean to come off as a dick but Mike can vouch that I kinda am.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yup Helisan is a dick......lol. Use the forums for scheduling all games. Hard easy rule. Set a day and time.....lock and load.

6. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Try some of this and tell us how you're feeling tomorrow

[​IMG]

7. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

^^ Hilarious

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Site rules state that all games must be scheduled on the forums. Keeps the "he said, she said" crap out of the picture.

9. SDMDTSU

SDMDTSU Walk On

LOL how did I miss this...that's funny.