game scheduling process

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Seems like i have to write a manifesto like once a week :)

The following is what is expected of folks during the game scheduling process. The thread for scheduling each week will be up early in case folks need to get a jump on it because of special circumstances (i.e. "i'm out of town this weekend so we need to play Thursday or Friday."

So general rules moving forward ...

- "When are you available" alone is not a good first post. You should start by giving your availability. This way your opponent can take that, match it with his and propose a time to play.

- If you have something special going on that severely limits your availability, post early and head of the advance. If you have normal availability, you should be posting no later than the day we advance.

- Make sure to tag your opponent so they get notification.

- Not often, but on occasion tagging doesn't work. This isn't an excuse because everybody should be ready to post in that thread on advance day. "My opponent didn't reach out to me" is not a valid excuse - its a two way street.

- It is called a "scheduling" thread for a reason. The idea is to schedule the game in advance. Posting "Hey are you around now? I can play now" is bullshit and IMO disrespectful of your opponents time.

- Just post your availability. Providing info about what you're doing at certain times is fine, but ultimately we care about when you CAN play, not when you can't.

Example of scheduling process:

Player 1: Hey So-and-So, when do you want to play? I have something to do Tuesday night, but i'm free Monday and Wednesday any time after 5 p.m. Eastern.

Player 2: OK - how about Wednesday at 6 p.m. Eastern?

Player 1: That works.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Communication 101... be transparent with your opponent and set times- not windows of opportunity

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The scheduling in this league is awful. Some of you guys need to get your shit together and be responsible for the times you set up.

• Like Like x 5
  4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

two words ... evaluation form.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Just bumping this thread as a refresher, especially for the new coaches.

This thread is also available via quick link (hyperlink) in our League History thread. This thread also contains many other useful links for the coaches looking for valuable league data.

CPU​
    CPU​

CPU​

DU55

CPU​
    CPU​

CPU​
    CPU​

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I think the schedulign process is still plagued with the vague scheduling.

"Im available monday and wednesday, when are you?" <--- no times

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Tag me where you see issues so we can correct in real time!