Game Summaries (ALL READ)

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Sep 13, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I expect to see a game summary EVERY week during the regular season. Some have not even posted ONE in the preseason.

That is not going to fly... i will be monitoring it going forward. Winner must post game summary, loser must respond with their take.

I've missed some in pre-seaon too.. but it stops in Week 1. Let's go!!!

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yup. we said this at the beginning ... we're serious about folks being active in the forums. playing isn't the baseline. playing and posting about what happened is. and i'm deadly serious when i say we'll boot somebody who isn't living up to that expectation.

yeah preseason is kind of a bore, but week one is almost upon us and all excuses become null and void.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

I kid I kid :p

Looking forward to games counting!!!

4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Can someone post an example or direct to what a summary should look like?

5. BlyGilmore

minimum we're looking for is a two or three paragraph summary of the game and what happened, generally centered around big plays and scoring, plus a player of the game with a stat line.

i.e.

The first half started quietly as both teams traded punts in the first quarter. The Giants finally cracked the Cowboys offense in the second, scoring a TD after a long, ball possession drive and an Ahmad Bradshaw run from the 5 yard line. The Cowboys answered right back with a drive of their own, only to have Tony Romo throw one of his patented interceptions after feeling pressure from JPP. Kenny Phillips took the interception deep into Cowboys territory, and the Giants kicked a field goal before the half ended to go up 10-0.

It was more of the same in the third, with Romo putting together drives before making a mistake that cost the Cowboys. This time Justin Tuck hit Romo and dislodged the ball, with DT Linval Joseph flopping on it. On the next play Eli Manning as able to find Hakeem Nicks open up the field for a 70 yard touchdown strike. The Cowboys got on the board in the 4th, but by then it was too little, too late.

Final: Giants 17, Cowboys 7.

POTG: Eli Manning - 12 for 17 for 265 yards and a TD.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

The one you put up in Bronco Bear game looks good.

7. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Ok. That shouldn't be a problem.

8. BlyGilmore

yeah i agree. the one you did for that game was great. and formats of these things can change. you can do like a summary of the game by half. you can do reviews of each of the players. you can do an offense vs. defense type thing. as long as there's some effort, really its up to you.

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Just dont do something liek this, i've seen this type of summary in all the leagues i've been in.

" Raiders played Broncos this week, nothing much to talk about, close game all the way with Raiders winning 24-17. Mcfadden ran 100 yards and the Broncos couldn't get anything started, again, not much to talk about as it was a pretty basic game, i promise i will do a full summary next week :) "

If you avoid this, you should be ok ...

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Gngsta4Lyphe

Your Colts are 7-1 this season. How many game summaries have you written?

There are others out there that are not following the rules with regard to game summaries. However, the Colts is the most egregious offender to the rule and therefore will be shown as an example. Lesson to be learned? Pull your weight or I will show you the door!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Do you want summaries for CPU games ?

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

yes

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have written a summary for every victory. Rather disappointed I haven't seen them in return because I have had nothing but close games, which provides for good summaries

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I always post a summary with my wins. I feel it's disrespectful to the other coach not to give a breakdown from your perspective about how the game transpired. I've found that guys that I've played in other leagues that don't post game summaries usually have something to hide.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

disrespect is the key work!

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't think I have missed writing a summary yet, but I don't usually write them immediately after the game. Without the scoring summary on the ccm website, my recollection of the game is usually pretty bad and that makes my write ups marginal, at best.

18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i try to do the game summary right after the game, i usually remember what happens anyway a few days later, but if i dont do it then, then its like taking out the trash, it never gets done and all of a sudden, my apartment smells like somebody died in there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

I may have missed one so far. Have seen seen one for any of my losses tho. Don't think I've ever seen anyone respond to one of mine either.

20. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I never meant to disrespect a coach by not writing a summary. And I certainly don't have anything to hide.

21. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I don't think I've won yet =[

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

New year, new you :)

23. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Game summaries are a MINIMUM requirement, and take a whole 5 minutes to complete. If you can't find the time to write a game summary, then this probably isn't the right league for you. There are plenty of leagues out there where people just jump online, play their games, send a "GG" message on XBL, and move on. I joined TSO, and TLY for a different experience. Not writing a game summary is disrespectful, whether intended to be or not.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

calm down tiger, i'll get these summaries up. I've been slacking, i'll get on it.

25. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

My post wasn't directed at you, but to the league as a whole. I'm sure that we've all, including myself, been guilty of slacking at times. Lets all pick it up collectively and contribute to the best league on TSO!

• Like Like x 2