Game Summaries for 2012 Y1.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bamagrad, Jul 20, 2011.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

all summaries go in Here for the Yr.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

OSU 31 Akron 17

Akron jumped out to 17-7 first half lead behind strong defense and an 80 yard TD run by Broderick Alexander. Akron started the 2nd half on offense by going 3 and out and then OSU blocked a punt and that changed the momentum of the game. After the blocked punt made score 17-14 the Akron defense fell apart and the offense was non existent the whole second half.

OC Brian Duggan said after the game, "Our offense played with a lot of passion during the first half. We lost that passion in the second half and we need to keep the passion to contend in the MAC this season."

Side Note:I tried to save a highlight from the game but when I left the game it said it was damaged and was able to save nothing.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Arkansas st 42 illini 20

A st. Stepped it up big time this game and took out their first bcs qualifying team. OC Derek said about his star rb who ran for 210 yards and 3 TDs " He ran with passion and heart. He is the soul of this team and we expect him to take us to big places. I wish i could copy him 11x over."

1st
    QB aplin 55 yard TD to frampton

2nd
    Rb Lawson 3 yard run in
    66 yard pass to mccants

3rd
    Rb Lawson 45 yard scamper

4th
    Defensive TD
    45 yard run by Lawson

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Bowling Green 21
    Idaho 17

Idaho would blow a 17-14 halftime lead, which at one point was 17-7 when everything started to fall apart due to some bad turnovers. Idaho was seemingly just rying to run the clock out in the first half, when a forced fumble was returned for a TD with 7 ticks left until halftime, cutting the Vandal lead to 3. Bowling Green would return an interception for a TD in the 3rd quarter to put Bowling Green up for good, as Idaho was completely shutout in the second half.

Despite the agonizing loss, Idaho was happy to see a dominant ground game, led by Princeton McCarty's 147 yd performance.

Next week, Idaho will host coach SoxandGators and Florida Atlantic.

Scoring summary

First Quarter
    04:08 FG Idaho Trey Farquhar K #21 23 yard field goal
    02:48 TD Idaho Preston Davis WR #7 10 yard rush
    01:41 TD Bowling Green Eugene Cooper WR #12 57 yard pass from Matt Schilz QB #7

Second Quarter
    02:08 TD Idaho Princeton McCarty HB #20 7 yard rush
    00:07 TD Bowling Green Cameron Truss CB #30 19 yard fumble

Third Quarter
    03:11 TD Bowling Green Keith Morgan SS #32 72 yard interception

Forth Quarter
    00:05 FG Bowling Green Jerry Phillips K #48 21 yard field goal

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Auburn Survives Upset Bid in 4OT 52-49
    Tigers Outlast Determined Aggies; Trouble Brewing In Logan?

In one of the greatest Kickoff Classics in history defending National Champion Auburn defeated Utah State 52-49 in four overtimes. The game was surprisingly even given the suprising dominance of the Utah State running game under hotshot new OC Mike Dredd. When HB Doug Fiefia scored from one yard out to put the Aggies ahead 17-7 with under 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter an alarm went off in Auburn's head because they scored on 7 straight possesions including 6 TDs in the fourth quarter and overtime. The turning point came in the fourth OT when on 3rd and 3 from the four senior tailback Robert Turbin gained down to the one yard line just a hair from a first down, and despite what seemed like the vehement protests of the offensive coaching staff Head Coach Gary Andersen decided to kick a field goal. An obviously agitated Coach Dredd could be seen entering Andersen's office and could be heard yelling about the team having come too far to give up (and kick the field goal) Player of the game: Turbin 30 rushes 143 yards and a TD. After the game an obviously emotional Dredd was asked before boarding the bus about his thoughts. "My heart goes out to these kids, they played their rear ends off for us today, I am so proud of these young men, they deserved better." When asked about his conversation with Coach Andersen after the game Dredd responded, "No story guys move along", when repeatedly asked about the yelling heard from outside the locker room Coach Dredd responded, "I said move along," as he boarded the bus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Sounds like one wild ride! Mike

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

yeah but was like once I was winning in the fourth they were scoring TD's with one or two play drives I gotta talk to the DC!

8. drewislegend

drewislegend Walk On

Eastern Michigan 27
    Air Force 24

Eastern Michigan gets the 2011 season started off right, with a nail biter. The Eagles won the game on a field goal with only 7 seconds remaining in the game.

New defensive coordinator Drew Laing brought a lot of intensity to the Eagles' defense and looks like it has already begun to pay off. Eastern Michigan recorded three sacks and one interception. While the Air Force option style offense did some damage against the Eagles (207 yards), it wasn't enough to put the Eagles away.

Eagles running back Dominique Sherrer shined by rushing for 159 yards and one touchdown and junior quarterback Alex Gillett threw for almost 300 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Next week, the Eagles stay at home to face Arkansas St, a team coming off an upset of their own against Illinois. It should be a good one in Michigan.

9. bamagrad

FIU Starts 2011 with a Win in the Fla Blackout.

Miami- FIU Panthers came out with their Blackout Jersey's and Held NT at Bay as the Panthers won 20-14 over the Mean Green to Get the early Jump on the Sun Belt Conference Schedule.

FIU was aided by their RB Perry early as he gashed the NT defense early and often on the 1st drive, Then the Drive Bogged down and FIU went for the points and a 3-0 Lead over NT. Then in the 2nd quarter FIU sent a Blitz and Hit the Qb and he Fumbled and was picked up by DE Williams and he went to the House 32 yrds and FIU was UP 10-0 over NT. Then NT tried and Tried and couldn't get anything going in the Half and punted as they hoped to be down 10 going into HT. Then FIU Rb took the Handoff and went left and was gone 73 yrds as FIU extended the lead 17-0 going into HT.

The Mean Green Finally got some MoJo, Thanks to a INT and a quick drive as Dunbar took the Handoff and went in from 7 yrds and NT was finallly on the board. The score is 7-17 FIU. Then in the 4th quarter NT got closer as qb Dodson found a hole in the D and Chancellor caught the TD and FIU only led 17-14. Then FIU drove and punted and NT drove and punted as they hoped to get the ball back with 2:38 remaining. Then FIU converted 2 crucial 3rd downs as they moved into FG range. Then FIU's K nailed a 44 yrder as FIU extended to 20-14. Then NT Tried to Move the Ball down with no Timeouts and Came up short as the Ball was Batted down to end the game as FIU comes out with a Big 20-14 Win and a early lead in the Sun Belt Conference.

POG was FIU RB Perry with 16 carries for 151 yrds and 1 td. (the Big 73 yrd run).

FIU starts off 1-0 in the Young Season.

GG Cadepetty well played.

10. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Western Michigan Serves up a Rout to Satisfy Home-Opener Crowd

Kalamazoo, Mich. - Western Michigan cruised past New Mexico State, 45-7, behind a dominant offensive performance, racking up 553 yards of total offense including 350 in the 1st half. Junior quarterback Alex Carder led the passing attack, completing 9 of 11 passes for 221 yards and 2 touchdowns. Sophomore running back Tevin Drake registered 186 yards and 2 touchdowns only 13 carries, while backup Aaron Winchester chimed in for another 78 yards and 2 touchdowns on 9 carries. Tight End Blake Hammond lead the receivers with 2 catches for 78 yards and a touchdown. On defense, the Bronocs held NMSU to -20 yards rushing on 22 carries and forced the Aggies into throwing 24 incompletions on 37 passing attempts. The defensive line trio of Freddie Bishop, Travonte Boles, and Paul Hazel recorded 10 sacks, one of the most impressive performances in college football history. The defense also picked off two passing, one of which was suddenly stopped a NMSU drive while they were still in the game.

Next week, the Broncos host Central Michigan in the MAC opener.​

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Temple 17 Akron 13

Akron blows 13-3 halftime lead. Up 13-10 with under 1 min left in game, Akron goes for around 50 yard FG. It misses. Temple goes downfield and scores gwTD with 15 seconds left.

Akron OC Brian Duggan was quoted after the game saying,"since the game clock was running, why didn't we let it either run all the way down to 1 or 2 seconds left or even better yet take delay penalty and punt the ball. That way Temple starts final drive with around 20 seconds left instead of 45-50 seconds left. If we did that most likely Temple does not score TD and settles for long FG attempt. I will take responsibility for the way too conservative playcalling in second half but we should not have lost the way we did. I hope the coaching staff has learned from our mistakes all around and can turn it around at our next game."

12. bamagrad

[​IMG]vs [​IMG]

This one Was Over Early as FIU was dominated by the Louisville Cardinals 63-0.

Louisville ended this one early and by HT Holding a 35-0 Lead. The Lead held til the 4th quarter as Louisville took advantage of the Limited Depth that FIU had as they continued to paste the panthers by adding more scores for the 63-0 Win.

Louisville rolled up 708 Total yards in the Game. 318 on the ground and 390 threw the air. FIU mustered a measley 170 Total yards. Both Teams had 1 Turnover each. All FIU can do now is Lick their Wounds and prepare for their Next Matchup as the Game was Decided Very Early. DC Bama said This " What can u say when u been put through the ringer?. All we can do is forget this game and prepare for the next one".

FIU is now 1-1 on the Season. They hope to Have Better Luck Next Game Vs Georgia Tech.

13. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

[​IMG]

Disgusting. That word would discribe this game from the Aggies point of view. This was an absolutely horrible game. The Aggies offense had a lot of trouble getting going. In the first quarter New Mexico State would give a 23 yard touchdown pass. The Aggies run game was not bad in the 1st however they would almost abandon it. Western Michigan would torch the Aggies in the 2nd scoring 21 points. The 2nd quarter is where everything went down hill. The Aggies would have tied the game up at 14-14 but Matt Christian would throw an interception in the endzone. The Mustangs would go into the locker up 28-7. While the Aggies tried to make some what of a comeback Christian would throw another INT in the endzone. Offense Coordinator Coach Brammer, "we have a lot of things to clean up on offense this week in practice. I take the blame for abandoning the run game while we should have stuck with it. We will have a much more balanced offense next time out."

14. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Razorbacks Too Much for Game Aggies 41-25

For second week in a row Utah State comes up short against a top 20 SEC power.

The Utah State defense had no answer for the Razorback offense as they yielded points every series save the first one. The Aggies had their moments like a beautiful 74-yard TD run by Senior Tailback Robert Turbin who finished with 19 carries for 163 yards with 2 TD. Aggie QB Adam Kennedy finished 11-17 for 164 yards with an INT. Kennedy seemed to be the focus of OC Mike Dredd's wrath this week especially after throwing a pick 6 during the Razorback's 28 point second quarter. Dredd pulled Kennedy after the interception but inserted his junior QB at the start of the second half. In the post game news conference coach Dredd praised his team, "It's very hard to come to this part of the country TWICE against SEC programs of power like Auburn and Arkansas, I believe we did ourselves proud, and as long as the guys are not shellshocked from the experience we should do well in conference play." He also acknowledged the work the offense has ahead, "We can't rely on 12-15 play drives everytime out that are fueled solely by our running attack, the QB and WR's need to step up the passing game, we had way to many open receivers missed and when we were on target too many drops. We will be better."

• Like Like x 1
  15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Only reason I liked it cuz my boys one lol

16. drewislegend

drewislegend Walk On

I got killed by Michigan 58-24 haha

Denard made me look silly.

Highlights on defense: Two forced and recovered fumbles, one interception, one defensive touchdown. Also had one I returned to the 1-yard line but their WR caught me.

Going to Happy Valley next week!

17. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

2nd straight 550+ yard offensive performance leads Broncos to MAC opener win vs rival Central Michigan.

Summary coming tomorrow.

18. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Texas A&M 28
    Idaho 3

The Vandals had a tough time on offense, even though the defense tried to keep it relatively close. HB Princeton McCarty could only gain 62 yards on the ground against the tough Aggie defense, while on the other side, Christine Michael would pound away for 207 yards. Idaho's only score would come at the end of the first half, a 26 yard field goal by Trey Farquhar.

Next week, Idaho hopes for better results as they host Fresno State to open WAC play for the season.

19. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG]

Football Head Coach Gary Andersen had to know he was in for a wild ride when he hired Mike Dredd to be Offensive Coordinator this season. The architect of the "Dredd Spread" coach Dredd is also known for his outspoken personality. While he has yet to go all Metta World Peace on us here in Logan he does little to spare the feelings of others. While he was a no show at last week's media day amid rumors of a one week media ban, he had plenty to say even though the Aggies are on a bye week. Starting with AD Scott Barnes[​IMG]of whom Dredd had to say, "Who in the hell schedules Auburn and Arkansas back to back, the first two games of the season? Someone who doesnt give a crap about the emotional well being of these young guys thats who? There has to be better ways to raise money for the program, I haven't seen a bake sale or a car wash around here, I know, next year let's let whoever the National Champ is kick the crap out of us. When asked about the Auburn game yet again he responded, "you just WANT me fired dont you?" And when asked why he seems to ride QB Adam Kennedy so hard though through 2 games he has 3td and only 1int: "AK is my general and I feel sometimes he is too laid back for me, and I gotta bring the Bulldog out of him you know?[​IMG]One person coach Dredd had nothing negative to say about was starting HB Robert Turbin who after only 3 weeks is fourth in the NCAA in rushing with 306 yards. "Robert is our no.1 guy right now but we have to find ways to lighten his load or he is gonna wear down. That is why I push AK and the receivers to make plays, because no one guy can do it alone. We need to come together as a unit to pick each other up with balance and execution to keep the defense on their heels. We are averaging over 37 points per game but our defense is giving up over 48 per game, talk about a defense on their heels." Well never a dull moment with coach Dredd around even on a bye week, let's hope our talented coaches can get it together before they strangle each other.

20. bamagrad

FIU Drops to GT!

FIU played a tough Game vs GT as they Lost 28-7. GT opened early with a TD pass and a 7-0 lead. Then in the 2nd quarter GT put together 2 good drives chewing up precious time as they extended the lead to 21-0 at the Half. In the 2nd half GT had a drive together when the panther D stopped Washington on a 3rd&2 and GT went for the points on a FG. They Missed. Then FIU put together a Fantastic Drive riding the Heels of their RB Perry as he scored from 6 yrds out and GT still led 21-7. Then after a 3&out by FIU in the 4th Quarter, GT put together a 4min and 40 sec drive to seal the game as GT led 28-7. Then with 9 seconds on the clock. FIU tried 2 passes and they went Incomplete as GT Closed it out 28-7.

FIU drops to 1-2 on the yr. But get ready for the Sun Belt Competetion. DC Bama said this "yeah we had a Tough game trying to shut down the option and their 2 backs ran for 80 and 55 yrds td each, I was really impressed we shut down Washington in the run department as he only got 22 yrds vs our D. Just wished we stopped his passing though. Those 2 TD passes early really took Momentum from Us early".

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cincy 51 Akron 21

Akron started slow falling behind 10-0 before roaring back with 2 TDs to take a 14-10 lead. Lead was short lived on Cincy's next drive they drove field for TD to take 17-14 halftime lead. After Cincy took 24-14 lead early 2nd half Akron fell apart. Akron allowed their 2nd blocked punt of the season. This led to a 1 play TD drive that put game away.

OC Brian Duggan said after the game," I am proud of how our offense did in the first half. We didn't give up, even when down big late in game and using no huddle we executed plays. Our special teams boggles me though a failed fake punt in first qtr and the second blocked punt of season really hurt us as a whole. Learning from this game I need to make better play calls for the team not to be put in those situations."

22. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

[​IMG]

Aggies Pick Up the Win in the Battle of I-10!

The Aggies get the win and move to 1-1. This was a tough battle, a back and forth affair. This time the offense was much more balanced as Running Back Kenny Turner would get 20 touches and 95 yards and a touchdown. Also Quarterback Matt Christian had a great efficent game where he would throw for 200 yards and 2 touchdowns. Christian would bring his team back to win the Battle of I-10. At the end of the 3rd Quarter the score was 16-16. Christian and Turner would get the team in position for a field goal. After that UTEP would come back and take the lead with a touchdown making the score 23-19 and leaving a little over 3 minutes on the clock. From here Matt Christian would make some great throws and marched his Aggies down the field for a TD and the final score of 26-23. The Aggies are now back at .500. Offense Coordinator Anthony Brammer, "I think a key for us today was balance. We pretty much equaled out our passing and running. We kept UTEP on their toes and this led to a few big plays for us." Next week the Aggies will travel to California to play San Jose State.​

23. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Akron 21 FCS East 0

Akron's Oline dominated all game allowing Akron to control time of possession. Alexander led the way with 162 yards rushing. Akron's defense allowed 81 yards on defense. Score could have been more lopsided but the special teams missed 2 FG of less than 40 yards and Akron also fumbled away a punt. OC Duggan said after the game, "I am so proud of how our offense played this week. The Oline played great, giving the RBs nice holes all game. Nicely had a great game under center throwing 2 TD passes."

24. drewislegend

drewislegend Walk On

Penn State 79
    Eastern Michigan 6

PSU rans for 568 yards on me...I just don't know what else to say.

25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

thats an epic ouch

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1