Game Summaries S1 W5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 30, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

2. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

49ers- 34 vs. Bills- 14

Kaepernick Fuels 49ers to Get 1st Career Win

This was game was all 49ers from the beginning. The defense and rushing game were to much for the Bills to handle. CK showed some reasons why he was a back up throwing 2 INT but he made plays when he had to, still room for improvement. CK started the scoring off with a TD pass to Randy Moss, they would later hook up again for another TD. Gore rushed for over 160 yards with a TD.
    The Niners defense forced 3 turnovers on the day and had 2 sacks while only allowing 7 points. The other 7 points came from a fake punt in the 2nd qrt for a TD.

Stats-

C. Kaepernick- 10-26, 210 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT
    R. Fitzpatrick- 9-33, 87 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

F. Gore- 24 att, 163 yards, 1 TD
    C. Spiller- 8 att, 20 yards

R. Moss- 4 rec, 114 yards, 2 TD
    S. Johnson- 3 rec, 41 yards, 1 TD

Player of the Game-
    Frank Gore

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Special Teams Play Leads Chiefs To Victory
    VFLWeek5.png

Player Of The Game
    KR/PR LaRod Stephens-Howling​
    92 Yd Kick Return TD, 64 Yd Punt Return TD​
    KANSAS CITY, MO -- LaRod Stephens-Howling is quickly becoming one of the biggest threats in the NFL. And he hasn't had a single carry or catch this season. Stephens-Howling returned two kicks, the opening kickoff and a third quarter punt, for touchdowns helping the Chiefs secure a 30-21 win over the struggling Ravens.

"All the credit goes to my teammates. They're out there making the blocks and hustling down field," said Stephens-Howling. "Of course I would like to play on the offensive side of the ball, but I know my role, and I know why they [Chiefs] brought me in. I'm just thankful they've given me this chance."

The Chiefs offense produced just 1 score, which game on a Jamaal Charles 43 yard run. Stephens-Howling and K Ryan Succop would do the rest. Succop added 3 field goals, including a 47 yarder that would put the game out of reach.

"We won, but we still have a lot of work to do. We didn't execute on offense, and we made some silly mistakes on defense. But I'm proud of the way our guys fought," said head coach Corey Lewers when asked to comment on his team's performance.

The Ravens, playing in their first game since hiring new head coach Shannon Thames, outplayed the Chiefs on offense and defense, but special teams was their undoing. Torrey Smith eclipsed 100 yards on the day and added a 41 yard touchdown catch. They did however struggle to get Ray Rice going, as he was limited to 30 rushing yards.

The Chiefs are 5-0 for the first time since the 2003 season, when the team finished 13-3. The team travels to Tampa Bay next week to face the still winless Buccaneers. The Ravens will travel to Dallas to face the undefeated Cowboys.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Houston Texans 38 vs New York Jets 35

Game Summary - Houston started off hot with a 21-7 lead early in the game but the New York Jets rallied back quick and tied the game at 35 with 55 seconds to go. Matt Schaub led his offense downfield with time ticking down and kicked a game winning field goal. This was the first game Houston played without Arian Foster and although the backs produced well, they combined for a total of 3 fumbles....

Key Stat - Houston's backfield totaled a combine 3 fumbles after having 0 for the whole season from the offensive backfield.

Game Ball - QB Matt Schaub

GG Kyle-702

5. Kyle-702

Kyle-702 Walk On

If i didn't have that dropped pass on 4th down with 2:15 left it might have been different :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

SAINTS WIN AT HOME
    [​IMG]
    The Saints came into the game 1-3 after upsetting the Packers at Lambeau. The Saints used that momentum to absolutely dominate the Chargers 38-7 at home. The scoring started midway through the 1st quarter with Jay Cutler completing a 34 yard TD pass to his star TE Jimmy Graham. There would be no more scoring until 1:19 seconds left in the 2nd when Hartley kicked a 39 yard FG. The Saints followed that with an interception and a late 72 yard strike from Cutler to, once again, Graham. At the end of the half, the score was 17-0. They kept the hot streak going and quickly scored right after the half when Cutler through a under route to WR Colston that he took 80 yards to the house. The Chargers finally got on the board on the next possesion when Ryan Mathews ran the ball in from 3 yards out. But that would be the only source of offense as the Saints finished the game out and went on to win easily.
    KEY STATS:
    QB Jay Cutler: 10-17, 332 yards, 4 TD, INT
    HB Matt Forte: 24 att, 114 yards, TD
    TE Jimmy Graham and WR Colston both had 2 receptions for more than 100 yards with Graham scoring twice and Colston once.
    GG - Hardee

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Az Cardinals 54 - St. Louis Rams 52

[​IMG]

J. Skelton 639 Yds on 18/43 passings 6 Tds 7 Ints!!!
    B. Wells 14 Car 31 Yds 1 Rec 10 Yds 1 Td
    A. Roberts 8 Rec 330 Yds - Game winning 97yd Rec with .03 seconds remaining 171 Yds YAC
    L. Fitzgerald 3 Rec 88 Yds
    M. Floyd 2 Rec 72 Yds 1 Td Broken Collarbone left with 5 mins left in 3rd Qtr Out for 4 weeks
    L. Byrd (Rookie) 2 Rec 89 Yds 62 Yd Td Rec Late in 4th Qtr

S. Bradford 15/37 349 Yds 4 Td 3 Ints 1 Fum Lost
    S. Jackson 18 Car 39 Yds
    A. Pettis 6 Rec 188 Yds 1 Td
    S. Smith 5 Rec 114 Yds 1 Td
    B. Quick 3 Rec 42 Yds 2 Tds

This game was definitely the game of the week as the Az Cardinals started off red hot with a Td pass to M. Floyd on thier first drive. Then it was all the Rams with 21 un- answered points due to a J. Skelton pick 6 and a punt return ran back to the house by Chris Givens the rookie out of Wake Forest for 63 Yds. The Cardinals were able to manage to only be down by 10 points at the half. In the 3 rd quarter Rookie wide out M. Floyd left with a broken collar bone with a little under 5 mins to go in the 3rd. Then P. Peterson returned his own punt to the house for 92 Yds to tie the game. The Cardinals would tighten up on defense and score one more field goal to take the lead. Then with under a min to go in the 3rd Bradford throws a 90 Yd bomb to Pettis for a td to take a 4 point lead. In the 4th quarter after Skelton drove his team down the field he throws another Int and the coach was gonna pull him out the game. And then the coach for the Rams decides to throw the ball and not run it with 3 minutes left and K. Rhodes gets the pick which leads to L. Byrd's 62 Yd Td Rec! After a failed 2 point conversion the score was 52-47 Rams. With 50 seconds left the Rams punt the ball into the end zone. Touchback. Then Skelton is still in the game and he gets sacked twice in a row for a loss of 17 yds. Just when it seemed it was over the Cardinals line up in a hail mary formation with 3 wide outs to the right and it looks like the Rams are coming for the sack Skelton Launches it.... Ohh my God Andre Roberts gots some separation and took it to the house for 93 Yds! Cardinals win! Cardinals WIN!!! I can't believe it!!! Wow like they say " It's never over till the fat lady sings, and boy is she singing tonight" LOL Exciting game. I love it. Good determination Cardinals.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Browns win 3rd straight, 38-21 over Giants

The story of this young season for the Cleveland Browns has been the amazing play of 3rd Overall pick Trent Richardson... Coming into the game, Richardson led the VFL in Rushing yards (475) despite only mustering 43 yards vs the Ravens in Week 4...

Week 5 was a different day and T.Rich was ready to play on this day...

[​IMG]

Trent Richardson set a Cleveland Browns Rookie Rushing Record with 252 yards and 3 touchdowns vs the New York Giants in Week 5... The previous Browns Record for most Rushing Yards by a Rookie was set way back in 1957 when, you guessed it, Jim Brown ran for 237 yards vs the then, LA Rams...

STATS

QB Brandon Weeden - 11/19 - 159yds - 2td - 2int
    HB Trent Richardson - 21car - 252yds - 3td
    TE Jordan Cameron - 3rec - 59yds - 2td
    CB Joe Haden - 3 passes deflected (all should have be INT)

• Like Like x 1
  9. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

Bears 28 vs Jaguars 17

[​IMG]
    Team Stats:
    Jags Passing yards: 216
    Jags Rushing yards: 32

Bears Passing yards: 289
    Bears Rushing yards: 79

Individual Stats:

Bears
    QB: Drew Brees 155.3 QBR, 17-23 289 yards, 4 tds, 0 int
    RB: Darren Sproles 11 att, 52 yards, 4.7 ave, 3 Catches, 84 Rec yards, 2 TDs
    Michael Bush 11 att, 31 yards, 2.8 ave, 0 TD...2 Rec, 17 yards

WR: Brandon Marshall 6 Rec, 113 yards, 0 TD
    Chad Johnson 5 Rec, 54 yards, 1 TD
    Devin Hester 1 Rec, 21 yards, 1 TD

Jaguars
    QB: Blaine Gabbert 75.0 QBR, 17/31, 223, 1 TD, 1 Int

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew 13 att, 31 yards, 1 TD...3 Rec 73 yards

WR: Justin Blackmon 5 Rec, 53 Yards, 0 TD
    Mike Thomas 4 Rec, 52 yards, 0 TD

Summary:
    Bears Finally get a win with the brand new Acquisitions! The Bears decided to use a 2 running back system and it worked extremely well. Sproles and Bush both received 11 carries and were both extremely vital to the win. Drew Brees new Qb was almost perfect throwing for 4 TDs and no ints. New Signing Chad Ochocince Johnson played extremely well getting 5 Catches. Jags had a tough time moving the ball. in the fourth quarter they were able to recover 2 onside kicks making it quite a game towards the end. Bears are now 2-3 Jags are 3-2

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Very excellent game my good man, I appreciated the good sportsmanship at the end of the first half, I don't know what happened but your actions far exceeded my expectations to say the least there lol

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Looking for summaries from:
    wayers50 (Seahawks vs Panthers)
    majesty95 (Vikings vs Titans)
    fpuent (Bengals vs Dolphins)
    coachgaddy (Patriots vs Broncos)
    MiaFLSurf (Falcons vs Redskins)
    Big John (Eagles vs Steelers)
    thoov08 (Packers vs Colts)

There'll be a little bit of leeway due to the extenuating circumstances we faced this week, just try to get them in as soon as possible. The more we post, the better the league becomes!

12. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Pats vs broncos was a sim

13. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Jbbubba I lost the game. So it should be the redskins posting!

14. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Ok then, thats all I needed to know. I can only check the scores via the online website so I didn't know thats what happened. Thanks for the heads-up my good man.

15. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Was it vs. the CPU or did the owner quit the league after you guys played?

16. majesty95

17. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

I'll be doing the game summary later. I'm still at work. My game vs the panthers was a sim, do I still need to do a game summary

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  18. majesty95

No

19. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

I don't know if he quit the league? It was a user. And he's good. Haha

20. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Jbbubba Packers Colts was also simmed. The other guy quit the league before the game was played.

21. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Haha I think he did quit as a matter of fact, so you're off the hook :p no worries from me.

thoov08 You're also good to go, just wanted to make sure thats the case my friend

22. fpuent

fpuent Walk On

I'll get mine tonight. I thought I had lost lol. Read the score wrong

• Like Like x 2
  23. Big John

Big John Walk On

Eagles defeated the Steelers 24-7
    After a close first quarter the eagles stop the Steelers from scoring

M.Vick 11-18 200 yards 1td 1int
    L.Mccoy 26 rushes 164 yards
    DRC 2 TACKLES bu 2int

• Like Like x 1