Game Summaries S2 W2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MiaFLSurf, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:
    Have fun!

2. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

falcspanthers.png

The Falcons picked up their first win in dominant fashion. While Matt Ryan seems to be gathering all the glory after having a PERFECT passer rating of 158.3, the defense is what truly stood out. Cam Newton never had a chance to get comfortable and the Panthers had no running game outside of a few Newton QB draws. The defense had a total of 5 sacks and forced three fumbles with jarring hits, recovering 2, both in Panther territory. Sean Weatherspoon forced two of the fumbles and Ed Reed had 7 big tackles.

On offense it was about Matt Ryan. This was due to the fact that Michael Turner continued to suck a big one. He had 30 yards on 21 attempts and again coughed up the ball once. However, Matt Ryan was near perfect. He completed 18 of 23 passes for 338 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs. Three TDs went to Roddy White who broke away on a go route when the Falcons were pinned on their goalline for a 93 yarder on one occasion. Rookie sleeper Marcus Rigsy had the other TD. He is starting to look like a steal of the draft coming in Round 6. Julio Jones also had 6 catches, White had 7. TE Adrian Jackson had a bad game with only 1 catch for 10 yards and two drops.

Coach Caesar was proud this week. For two main reasons - 1) His defense played stout and did not give up any big plays. 2) Matt Bryant actually made 2 FGs and didnt suck a fat one like he usually does.

Great game Glenn

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Bengals Hold Off Ravens 24-17
    QB Andy Dalton bounced back from a dismal performance last week, and Cincinnati continued their season-opening road trip with a win at Baltimore. The Ravens stayed within striking distance for most of the game, and had a chance to tie the game in regulation after receiving the ball with about a minute remaining. Unfortunately for the home crowd, Ravens QB Joe Flacco capped off a lackluster performance by not gaining a single 1st Down on the final drive. Cincinnati sealed the win after rookie CB Rodney Maye picked off Flacco on 4th Down. Dalton finished with 273 yards passing and 3 TDs while completing 88% of his passes, at one point completing 10 in a row. The Bengals defense continued their solid play to start 2013, holding the Ravens to under 200 yards of total offense.
    Next week, Cincinnati travels to Indy to face Andrew Luck and the Colts.
    ScreenHunter_267 Nov. 28 11.08.jpg
    ScreenHunter_268 Nov. 28 11.10.jpg
    Ravens
    QB Joe Flacco - 9/23, 160 YDS, TD, INT
    HB Anthony Allen - 12 ATT, 30 YDS
    WR Jamal Bonner - 5 REC, 83 YDS, TD
    Bengals
    QB Andy Dalton - 15/17, 273 YDS, 3 TD, INT
    HB Bull Griggs - 19 ATT, 60 YDS, 5 REC, 27 YDS, TD
    TE Jermaine Gresham - 6 REC, 90 YDS, TD
    WR Jerome Simpson - 2 REC, 85 YDS, TD
    WR AJ Green - 2 REC, 71 YDS

• Like Like x 1
  5. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Lions adjust, shutdown Chargers offense in 2nd half ultimately winning 45 to 21
    A game that went back and forth the entire first half ... big plays, broken plays, and missed tackles ... oh and did I mention turnovers and injuries because there were plenty of those too! And who needs a game summary when you have highlights?? Sorry about the grainy quality ... ps3 cannot be recorded in HD and I can't figure out how to get it any better than this! (if you have some insight please hit me up!) GG LLCoolGrey
    Lions
    Stafford 14 of 24 for 284 yds 3 tds 2 ints
    Leshoure 19 atts 54 yds
    Pettigrew 5 catches 151 yds w. 2 tds
    W. Welker 4 for 30 w. 1 td
    C. Johnson 3 for 47 w. 1 td
    Chargers
    Martens 14 of 30 for 251 yds 2 tds 6 ints
    Matthews 12 atts 45 yds​
    A. Green 6 for 157 w. 1 td​
    B. Edwards 2 for 26 w. 1 td​
    Gates 2 for 23​

• Like Like x 4
  6. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Cardinals survive against the reigning NFC West Champs in a Defensive Battle! Arizona 24 - San Francisco 17
    [​IMG]Cardinals Key stats:
    J. Skelton 11/24 153 Yds 1 Td 1 Int QBR 63.3
    L. Vinal 5 Rec 84 Yds
    L. Byrd 2 Rec 45 Yds
    A. Roberts 2 Rec 10 Yds 1 Td
    D. Richardson 10 Car 50 Yds 1 Td
    B. Wells 6 Car 13 Yds 1 Td

49ers Key stats:
    C. Kaepernick 12/23 148 Yds 1 TD 1 Int QBR 68.7 (3 Car 36 Yds)
    F. Gore 1 Rec 59 Yds
    K. Britt 3 Rec 32 Yds 1 Td Critical drop on 4th down in 4th quarter 2 total drops
    V. Davis 2 Rec 28 Yds 2 total drops 1 crucial drop under 2 mins to go in 4th on 3rd down
    F. Gore 7 Car 16 Yds 1 Td

L. James 6 Car 38 Yds
    K. Hunter 1 Car 23 Yds

Key team stats:
    Arizona: San Francisco:
    First downs-14 First downs-11
    Kick Return Yds-135 Kick Return Yds-95
    Total Yards Gained-358 Total Yards Gained-345
    Turnovers-1 Turnovers-1
    3rd Down Conversions-5 3rd Down Conversions-2
    T.O.P 15:29 T.O.P 12:31

Easily the biggest win of coach Victor Crunk_Ness's career over the division rival 49ers. Coach Crunk_Ness after the game said"I really thought the game plan was well executed and felt that the momentum was all us after the 49ers 1st drive ended in a goal line stop to force the Niners to kick the FG." Cardinals run game although not spectacular but very impressive against a stingy P. Willis and company was able to gain 80 yds on 22 carries. Very difficult defensive battle fought and it came down to under 2 mins in the 4th 3rd down Niners have it on their own side of the field and wide open Vernon Davis drops the ball. 4th down this is it Caepernick scrambles throws against his body to Brit...Incomplete Cardinals WIN!! Cardinals WIN!!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Damn looks like you might want to rethink benching Rivers....geez 6 ints

• Like Like x 1
  8. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Dang, that's much better than just using EA's Highlight creator thing. What'd you use to record it?

Also, it's clear I can't match up against either of you. I'd be right there throwing picks every pass play too. I had 8 TOs in my game against MarkyMark

9. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I bought one of those Hauppauge video recorders so I can can record video games ... been considering it for a while now and finally pulled the trigger when Pasta Padre mentioned they were on sale ... only problem is that on the ps3 they have the HD protected so your work around is to use the component cables ... that is why it comes out grainy ... I wish I knew how to get better picture quality because I really don't mind putting these highlights together from our games ... YungLew15 will make some highlight videos every now and then but he uses his mac ... he mentioned that it takes about an hr to put the videos together which is about right ... it is a bit time consuming and I prefer to put music to it rather than listen to the cut up audio :)

10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You can thank my defense for dropping about 4 INT's and my receivers dropping 2 straight passes on my last drive. And the 3 or so hold penalties that got called on me. Madden is trying to screw me over this year.

Anyways good game

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

At
    you can still get HD quality with the component cables...turn the setting to 720p

12. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Maybe that's it ... Ill check it tomorrow

13. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Pats Squeak by Eagles
    [​IMG]

This game was a defensive battle mostly because of the rain and wind. Tom Brady threw for only 214 yards and had 2 INTs not his best game. The Pats D would play very strong in this game holding the Eagles to only 124 yards of total offense. The Eagles would lose star RB Shady McCoy to injury early in the game. The only score would come in the 4th quarter on a 21 yard Ridley to win the game. The Pats offense will look to rebound and get to 3-0 vs the Cowboys.
    Final Score:

[​IMG] 0

[​IMG] 7

Team Stats:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

lol he was playing fine before that half. He threw 6 picks in the second half. Besides...well chalk it up to Rookie Roadbumps

• Like Like x 2
  15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Roadbumps? 6 ints in the 2nd half is more like pot holes! No f that craters! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  16. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Week 2 Miami vs Buffalo

Miami 37

Buffalo 7

In a game the pitted two former Texas A&M quarter backs. One a rookie for Buffalo J.Shurman and the other 2 year starter R.Tannehill. This game started out bad for the Bills. Miami came out hitting hard, knocking the ball out to start the game on the open kickoff. Maimi's defense caused 8 turnovers during the onesided game, 4 ints and 4 fumbles. The Dolphns looked good on offense, expect for 2 int's one for a score. But the Dolphin Big D came up with the pay back, returning one int for a score also. The Dolphins controlled the clock with 18:22 time of Possession. The Dolphin rookie WR came up big with 3 catches for 72 yards and 2 TD's.

Stats:

Passing:

Mia R.Tannehill 13/24 for 227 yards, 2 tds, 2 ints, rating of 79.6
    Buf J.Shuman 13/30 for 125 yards, 0 tds, 4 ints, rating of 15.9

Rushung:

Mia R.Bush 20 atts for 72 yards o tds
    Buf K.Hall 4 atts for 23 yards, o tds, 2 fumbles
    F.Jackson 7 atts for 14 yards, o tds, 1 fumble

Recieving:

Mia D.Bess 4 recs for 33 yards
    L.Robinson 3 recs for 73 yards
    T.Dean 3 recs for 72 yards and 2 tds
    E.Dickson 1 rec for 49 yards.

Buf F.Jackson 4 recs for 16 yards
    S.Johnson 3 recs for 41 yards

17. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Vikings 33, Chiefs 10
    KC at MIN 13.jpg

18. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

View attachment 17691 Capture.PNG Coach AveryB of the New York Football Giants Drafted Linebackers and decided to go with the 3-4 and hope the defence can help New York make the Playoffs this season.
    With that decision, the defense came up big with Justin Tuck recorded 5 sacks and Rookie Earl Williams (MLB) had 7 tackles to keep pace in the crazy NFC East. View attachment 17691

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1