Game Summaries Season 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 22, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Your trip to a National Championship starts here!

2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

#13 Maryland 55 @ #24 Penn St 28
    Gngsta 4 Lyphe vs Fuzzy10gic

The Nittany Lions came out thrashing in the opening quarter scoring 9 points including a safety to make the score 9-0 at the end of the 1st. However, the Terps quickly retaliated with 21 points off of two 40+ yard connections between QB T. Jones, WR A. Coxson and a 2 yard run by RB J. Pickett. But the Nittany Lions wouldn't give up, they drove down field in less than 30 seconds and scored a TD off of a 12 yard run by HB A. Wright, who finished the day with over 150 yards rushing. After failing to convert a 2 pt conversion, the score was 22-21 in favor of Penn State going into half time.

The second half was dominated by the Terps defense, which ended the day with 8 forced turnovers, including 7 interceptions. Maryland scored 24 unanswered points and continued on to win 55-28 due to a magnificent performance on defense to force 8 turnovers. Penn State's offense kept marching down field but constant turnovers crippled their chances of winning. The Nittany Lions' defense was exceptional as they forced 4 turnovers and held the Terps offense to 1-6 (16%) for 3rd Down Conversions. Great game fuzzyl0gic

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

It was a great game, and I don't know what happened in the second half. My QBs hit the crack pipe too hard during half-time. Hopefully we can keep this rivalry going, it was intense!

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

MICHIGAN STATE REPORT - WEEK 2

MICHIGAN STATE (1-0) VS CLEMSON (1-0)

MICHIGAN STATE OUTLASTS CLEMSON 28-21

[​IMG]

It took a 4th and Goal stop from MSU LB McCarty at the 2 yard line to seal the deal

Wild and crazy may be an understatement as this one was a very strange game indeed. It was a game of big plays amidst a game of stifling run defenses to be sure, but the fireworks didn't truly start until the second half. Early in the first Michigan State QB Connor Cook managed to hit WR Richard Coley for a 48 yard TD on a WR option route where Coley settled in behind the Clemson secondary. Michigan state followed up early in the second quarter with a 69 yard interception return by CB Tony Lippett for paydirt to go up 14-0. However, the 14 point lead wouldn't last as Clemson began their run of HUGE plays on third downs with a 39 yard TD strike with only 0:13 left to make it a 14-7 game going into the half after MSU missed a 60 yard FG attempt at the buzzer just off of the crossbar. The second half got weirder as Clemson scored off of plays of 71 and 80 through the air but MSU managed to get two scores in the half as well that were both capped off by MSU FB T.J. Wright with runs of 1 and 2 yards for paydirt, the last one to give the 28-21 lead was set up by a HUGE play-action play out of the I-Formation on the all-streaks call to SR TE Sims (replay shown), "It was a ballsy call for sure," said Coach Jman after the game, "But it was one of those situations we either get sacked or hit a big one as we knew they would bring heat and cound on the user controlled safety to make a play if it was a pass, luckily with the clearout call we got him to hesitate and Dion got over the top of them." Clemson wasn't going down without a fight though and on 3rd and long to start the drive hit one of the gutsiest and smartest screen calls of all time out of the 5-wide set to advance into MSU territory. From there Clemson marched to the 2 yard line until being stopped by MSU LB McCarty on 4th down with a tipped ball, "We got lucky at the end," stated Coach Jman, "We had a full-house blitz called looking for the draw when we saw they were in 5-wide but McCarty audibled us out to cover-2 at the last second and he made the play too, wow. Our D was big all day despite the busts, we forced 4 turnovers (3 INT's and 1 FUM) and only gave up 1, that was big."​

@aarondramp Great game man, seriously. There were some BIG hits going on.​

POTG:

O: Michigan St - QB Connor Cook - 9/16 for 160 yards and 1/1​
    O: Clemson - QB Cole Stoudt - 13/27 for 393 and 3/3​

D: Michigan St - CB Tony Lippet - 1 TKL and 2 INT's (1 69 yard INT TD return)​
    D: Clemson - Stephone Anthony - 1 TKL, 1 Sack, 1 INT​

Play of the Game:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech- 27
    Florida- 14

The Hokies offense didn't do anything special to win the game as they only had 223yds, but it was the defense which forced 7 turnovers, including a pick 6, and had 5 sacks which turned out to be the differemce. RB Broussard carried the load with 88yds 1 TD. WR Rodgers accounted for the other offensive TD and finished with 3 rec 58yds. VT jumped to an early 17-0 early and played it safe as they outlasted the Gators comeback attempt. Florida had several opportunities in the redzone, but the turnover bug got the best of them. GG SA.

6. BDSDIGITAL

#1 OSU 9 - #2 LSU 16

This game started just like the other one we tried to play. All bark and no bite.

Both defenses played very well through out. This game came down to a few key plays and drives.

We were up 6-0 at the end of the first half. Braxton Miller had a bad day throwing 4 picks. Thankfully for OSU we were not able to really cash in any of them, although we had the ball deep in LSU territory more than once in the first half. OSU on the other hand had the ball deep in our territory more than once, but due to ineffective pass protection they would end up out side of field goal range. They banged one attempt off the upright as well.

The third quarter was more of the same. We tacked on another FG to take a 9-0 lead by the end of the 3rd qtr. I knew I was going to need more than 9 to win. My target was 17.

In the fourth quarter things got really intense. Ohio State converted a 2nd and 35 (34?) where I completely fucked up a user pick attempt and that put the ball at about the 2. 3 straight runs by Ohio State got stood up at the goal line. On 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line they went for it, but were able to covert with a run to the outside by Carlos Hyde to make it 9-6. He opted to go for 2 to make it a 1 point game. The conversion was unsuccessful so the score stayed at 9-6. After a few stalled LSU drives Ohio State was able to get back into field goal range with 2:40 left they kicked the game tying FG to make it 9-9....

At this point it really felt like it was slipping away from us like so many games in the past.

On our next drive we strung together a few nice pass plays, and adverted disaster once with a dropped int...but after we moved across mid field on a long completion to Bret Washington, Jakahri Gore broke free on a HB Smash for a 36 yard td run with 1:30 left to give us the 16-9 lead!

But OSU wasn't done....

They got the ball back and made some positive plays. They scrambled with their slow ass QB on one of them and he out ran our DT then as he shampoo'd his way down the field he broke a few tackles but was big hit and fumbled. OSU picked it up however and the end result was a 20+ yard run that put them inside my 40. They eventually got the ball down to the 15 with about a minute left. From there the drive completely stalled out. We held them to 4 straight incomplete passes, the last one was broken up in the endzone to preserve the big 16-9 win for your new #1 LSU!

gg bravejaf that game was not for the weak of heart.

LSU

Lee Roland 7-17 81yds 0 td 0 int
    Jahkari Gore 15 - 96 - 1 td (the game winner) he also caught a few balls for 13 yards
    Bret Washington 2 rec 35 yds

OSU

Braxton Miller 9-18 122 yds 0 tds 4 int
    Carlos Hyde 23 - 82 yds 1 td
    Ty Williams 5 rec 91 yds 0 td

LSU moves to 2-0 and host Vanderbilt this week.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah LSU/OSU was ugly. I think a lot of credit goes to both defenses. There was some big plays but the defenses held tight when it mattered. My only TD was a fluke thanks to a broken play on 2nd and the entire football field.

Maybe we will meet again in the National Title game :).

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

thats highly unlikely... as I will be beating LSU (y)

9. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

So i think i found out why having a freshman QB is not good... The VT crowd was sooooo loud i never knew who i was throwing to :)
    That time where i was hitting Y, Y, Y and then was sacked and fumbled... Yeh i realized later in the game he was LB, LB, LB lol.
    3 turnovers because of the crowd :) who knew it actually helps to have home field hehe.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech- 45
    Boise St- 37

Wow, that was a close call. My passing game has been in shambles, but after going down big late in the second half, the VT staff decides to pull the redshirt off of #1 QB prospect Marcus Bell. That was the Hokies saving grace as Bell lead the Hokies to 28 unanswered points. Bell finished 9/12 211yds 2 Td 1 Int. Stud RB Broussard finished with 102yds 3 TD continueing his amazing Freshman Heisman campaign. With a complementing passing game the Hokies will now begin their BCS title March.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 4

Ohio State 23
    North Carolina 7

This was a strange game. All of the fireworks occurred in the first quarter. Ohio State won the coin toss and elected to kickoff. CB Paul Washington received the kick for UNC and broke a few tackles. The end result was a 103-yard TD and a 7-0 lead for UNC. Ohio State answered back on the next possession. The OSU ground game stormed through the Tar Heel's defense. Running back Carlos Hyde strung together a few good running plays, before breaking a big play on the outside. He scored a 54-yard TD to tie the game at 7. On the next drive Ohio State's defense finally saw the field. The defense forced a punt so OSU was back on offense. This time the passing game helped the Buckeyes reach the end zone. Tight end Manny Freeman made the catch in traffic and rumbled for the TD. This was the last touchdown either team would score. OSU's defense played well in all four quarters. The D forced 3 UNC turnovers, 2 picks and a fumble. the fumble came near the end of the game and ended UNC's slim chances for a comeback. As for the offense, the Buckeyes played very conservative in this game. In the LSU game, OSU squandered several scoring opportunities but in the UNC game the Buckeyes at least scored field goals. Still the offense needs work on converting those opportunities into touchdowns. The only OSU touchdowns in this game came on big plays. The conservative approach did help OSU control the clock and manage field position. UNC was pinned inside the 20 on almost every possession.

Ohio State ends its out of conference schedule with a home game against Alabama. Last season OSU beat the Tide in Tuscaloosa, so Bama is out for revenge. A win will put OSU to make another run at the BCS Championship game, but a loss will likely end those hopes.

Passing
    Miller - 8/13 171 1 TD/0 INT
    Williams - 8/16 94 yards 0 TD/2 INT

Rushing
    Hyde - 23 carries 125 yards 1 TD
    Bernard - 14 carries 38 yards

Receiving
    Atkins - 4 receptions 93 yards
    Fitzpatrick - 4 receptions 61 yards

Defense
    McKeon - 4 tackkles 1 interception
    Hughes - 5 tackles

12. fuzzyl0gic

Penn State @ #13 Michigan State
    fuzzyl0gic vs. Jman

[​IMG]

Penn State traveled to East Lansing to face their bitter rival in the first conference game of the year, and it lived up to the hype. PSU won the coin toss, and deferred to receive the ball in the second half. The Spartans began a methodical drive that took up most of the first quarter. They were using a heavy rushing attack, and Penn State could not stop them it seemed. As the Spartans approached their redzone, the Nittany Lions defense finally made a stand and forced a 4th down. The Spartans had to settle for a field goal. After a few short runs by sophomore HB Alvin Wright on the ensuing drive, he found some space on a counter play and took it the house for a 58 yard TD (video #1) run.​

MSU was forced to punt the ball, and Wright broke off another big gain up the middle (video #2), this time it equated to a 40 yard TD rush. 14-3 PSU. The Spartans fought their way back, and got it into the endzone right before the half with a 27 yard pass to WR Richard Coley from Conner Cook. Going into the half, it was a 14-10 Penn State game.​

The third quarter was relatively quiet, sans a big mistake by Penn State QB Paul Jones. On a PA pass, his first and second reads were well covered, so he forced a pass to the checkdown route (HB in the flats), but did not see MSU's John Manning standing in a prime position to pick off the pass. The CB would not only get the INT, but ran it in for a 20 yard TD. MSU took the lead, 17-14.​

The fourth quarter was packed with action, with the Nittany Lions getting their lead back on a short scamper by none other than HB A. Wright. The Spartans wouldn't go away that easy, responding right back with a 31 yard TD pass to WR Ricky McGuire. 24-21 MSU. Penn State managed to put together a nice drive, milking the clock all they could. They got down to the goaline, and tried a QB sneak on 2nd and 3rd down with just a few inches to go for the first, but they were held short. On 4th and inches with less than :30 seconds left to go in the game, the Nittany Lions decided to go for the TD instead of the tie. With 3 attempts up the middle shot down, they pitched it the right and Alvin Wright powered it in for his 4th TD of the game. 28-24 Penn State. MSU tried a few pass plays to get the ball down the field, but Cook was sacked twice and they were denied. Penn State escapes the tough rivalry game on the road with a victory, and they will face Indiana next week at home. Great game Jman it was quite thrilling!​

Stats:​
    P. Jones 9/17 77 yds 2 INTs
    C. Cook 9/22 217 yds 2 TDs

A. Wright 22 atts 222 yds 4 TDs
    N. Hill 13 atts 45 yds

D. McKnight 3 recs 28 yds
    R. McGuire 2 recs 58 yds 1 TD​

Highlight #1:​

Highlight #2:​

13. BDSDIGITAL

fuzzyl0gic nice win.

#1 LSU 24 - #3 Georgia 10

This was a turnover and mistake plagued game. It had it's beautiful moments but all in all it was a pretty sloppy game.

LSU Heisman hopeful Jahkari Gore had a great day though running for 135 yards 2 tds, and catching another td. He also broke many tackles and had some really sick moves / stiff arms. It was really something special. Other than that my offense was rather pedestrian again. The Tiger defense gave up some yards, but we made some really big plays. 2 int's in the endzone and a forced fumble around mid field. There were several big hits and swatted passes. I couldn't be any happier with my defense at this point. My offense definitely needs work though.

GG Twist, just not your day.

We move to 4-0 on the year and host Pitt next week. I have several ESPNU150 players in town for this OOC matchup.

14. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Maryland 24 vs Duke 20

The game froze the first time while supersimming because i was up big, don't want anyone to get the impression that i restart when i lose a game.

mms_picture (7).jpg

15. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

im pretty sure i blame EA...

NCAA, Madden and even BF3 freeze ALLLLL the GOODODDDDDD DAMMNNNN TIMEEEEE

• Like Like x 1
  16. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#2 Virginia Tech - 20
    #10 Nebraska - 35

Nebraska takes advantage of turnovers to send VT back to Blacksburg with a loss. The cornhuskers were able to grab 3 ints and 1 fumble recovery without turning the ball over.

Nebraska was able to take the opening kickoff down the field for a TD. Virginia Tech answered with a drive back down the field, but Nebraska was able to hold them to a FG. The 1st qtr would end with Neb up 7-3. VT would make Nebraska punt and would drive back down the field to take the lead 10-7 on a 1yrd dive. VT would continue to hold Nebraska from scoring in the 2nd and would kick another FG to take a halftime lead of 13-7 into the locker room.

VT received the opening kickoff of the 3rd qtr. Nebraska defense would come up with an int and return it to the VT 1yrd line. Nebraska would punch it in from the 1yrd line to take the lead back at 14-13. VT would not stay down long as they would march back down the field and connect on a 9yrd TD pass to go back on top 20-14. The Hokies defense would hold strong on Nebraska's next possession and force them to punt, but the cornhuskers would big hit the punt returner to force and fumble and recovery. Nebraska would turn this into another TD to end the 3rd qtr up 21-20.
    Nebraska would be able to take advantage of 2 more ints in the 4th to seal the deal. On VT first possession of the 4th the Cornhusker D would return another int to the 4yrd line. Nebraska would get into the endzone from 2yrds out to extend the lead to 28-20 with 5:52 left in the game. Virginia Tech had plenty of time to mount a comeback. On their next drive Nebraska would be able to grab another int. The cornhuskers turned to the running game to bleed the clock. On 3rd and 4 HB Green was able to bust a 19yarder up the gut to seal the deal at 35-20 with only 47 secs left in the game. VT would take a couple of shots down the field but would not be able to convert and turn the ball back over to Nebraska. Nebraska would kneel on the final 12 seconds to grabe the victory.

Great game Hokie Effect . The turnovers were the key in this game. Good luck in the ACC.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

The Buckeyes once again faced off with the Crimson Tide. Last year's result was surprisingly one sided but this game was close for most of the game. The scoring started fast as Williams returned the opening kick for a TD to give OSU a 7-0 lead. On the first play from scrimmage Bama HB Hart caught a pitch and rushed for the long TD. OSU got the ball back and were able to make some big plays. The end result was a short rushing TD by HB Hyde. The scoring slowed down after that drive. Alabama got a field goal near the end of the first quarter, making it a 14-10 game. The defenses continued to perform in the second quarter. The only score of that quarter came within the last two minutes. OSU put together another long drive and was in scoring position. They scored a 17 yard TD on a Miller to Atkins pass. Hyde had a few big running plays to put OSU in that position. Alabama tried for the Hail Mary pass at the end of the half but the pass was picked off by McKeon in the end zone.

OSU and Alabama continued to play defensively in the third quarter. Bama managed a field goal to close the lead to one score. Ohio State answered back with a field goal to start the fourth quarter, increasing the lead to 11. That field goal was set up by a fumbled punt return by Alabama. The Tide would fumble on the next drive. This time the culprit was QB P. Sims. He was sacked by OLB Darby and DE Seward scooped the fumble. This fumble put OSU in excellent field position and they took advantage. Hyde scored his second rushing TD of the game to put OSU up 31-13. Bama put together a very long drive to get the lead back to 10,, but OSU recovered the ensuing onside kick. The Buckeyes were able to make a few big plays and run out the clock.

Turnovers were key in this game as Ohio State committed 0 turnovers, while Alabama turned it over 3 times. HB Hyde was the workhorse for OSU. He carried it 24 times for 129 yards. His rushing ability allowed OSU to stay conservative. Miller only passed 8 times for Ohio State and completed just 4 passes in the game.

[​IMG]

18. BDSDIGITAL

#1 LSU 19 - #7 Florida 13

boooomshakala!!!!

[​IMG]

Jerrard Randall, benched after the 1st half against New Mexico, comes into this game in relief and leads us to the big win in the Swamp.

In usual LSU fashion we went into the half tied at 3 with Florida. Those FG's were hard to come by and it really looked like this game would go the distance.

Florida kicked a FG mid 3rd qtr to take a 6-3 lead, but then Randall, whom we brought off the bench came in and lead a great scoring drive that resulted in a John Lee TD catch from 16 yards out with a toe tap in the back of the endzone. We really struggled on offense in the first half behind Roland, but really picked it up in the 2nd half behind Randall. We carried the 10-6 lead into the 4th qtr but Florida was able to take a 13-10 lead with about 5 minutes left in the game. It started to get very tense. It felt to me like this game would be decided by 1 big play or 1 long drive.

We went on a time consuming drive lead by the running of Jahkari Gore and resulted in a FB Cunningham td run with 2:15 left in the game to take the 17-14 lead. On Florida's next drive we got a safety with 1:27 left to move the lead to 19-13. We got the ball back but couldn't get a first down, but were able to make Florida burn all of their timeouts. We punted it back to them, and on their 2nd play of their last drive they threw an interception at the 5 yard line. We took a few knees and escaped Gainesville with the 19-13 win.

SatansAngel1104 good game! These games with you are always fun, but they are alot more fun when we win.

LSU moves to 6-0, we have won 3 user games and will probably be #1 until we play Alabama in 4 weeks.

19. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

20. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Florida version of the game
    7 receivers fall down for Florida - 0 for LSU (3 sacks, 1 safety)
    8-9 "Drops" for Florida - 0 for LSU

21. BDSDIGITAL

It's all about clutching up my man. Not my faults my players came correct ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

im not gonna comment much on this game.

23. fuzzyl0gic

It's all about conservative catching my man. Sounds like LSU was using it. ;)

24. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

That was WITH conservative catching (y)

Just a complete opposite game from the night before when he couldnt stay connected... From the kickoff, the weather and the score :p

no biggie though, if i win out ill still be in the NC :p which is what i needed with or without winning that game.

25. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I hate when it rains

• Like Like x 1