Game Summaries W1S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Nov 27, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Post em up- OR ELSE

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

This game is some Bullshit!
    First game of the season was a pain in the ass. Houston of all teams almost made me break my 4th controller. EVERY TACKLE THEY FREAKING BROKE. It was getting aggravating as hell. And their no huddle bs Air Raid wow the most difficult bullshit in the world to defend. Thanks to the rain my WR's were slipping left and right and then my QB who is accurate I don't even lead the pass but he throws it right to their FS for a INT. UCLA ended the game with 5 Interceptions. I mean for christ sakes we were down 14-38 at halftime. But the Bruins surged back to win 59-38 fuck Houston, fuck EA developers. Brehaut went 32-54 and threw 5 TD's and 5 INT's he also threw for 558 yards. I'm afraid of what else the season has to offer.​

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Great way to start a season in Utah!

The Utes got rolling on all sides of the ball today with a 51-10 win over Buffalo. If it hadnt been for an 84 yard catch and run set up by a missed tackle, the Bulls offense would have been nearly nonexistent today. But the Utes offense thrived. QB Jordan Wynn looked tremendous in the pocket and hit his open WRs nearly every time. With 2 passed dropped, a tipped ball INT, and another INT on a great defensive play by the corner, Wynns 14/24 day with 242 and 3 total TDs (1 rush) are a great way to open the season. It is hard to find who Wynn's favorite target is at the moment as he found 6 different players for completions, 5 of which with 2+. Devonte Christopher led the way with 4 grabs for 70 yards and a TD. Having a great running attack to balance the offense was key today and Thretton Palamo looked like a stud. On his 26 attempts, he averaged 6 yards and found the endzone once while Wynn and JUCO transfer John White each had their own rushing scores.

Oshi ball is back and the Ute defense played up to the hype. 3 sacks, 2 int, and a fumble recovery on the day. The first INT coming from senior corner Conroy Black, which he took 63 yard to the house to kill the Bulls momentum early and change the game.

Sophomore kicker Coleman Peterson was a perfect 3/3 on his FG attempts with a long of 38. Sellwood had 2 terrific punts but one was a few inches too far as it rolled into the endzone for a touchback. He will be a difference maker this season. Pedroza racked up 110 return yards on 3 KR and 5 PR for a nice day.

Nice win for the Utes!

4. IrishBearcat

CALIFORNIA STARTS SEASON OFF ON WRONG FOOT
    (0-1) CALIFORNIA: 28
    (1-0) FRESNO STATE: 34
    The fans definitely got their money's worth with the offensive fireworks. Fresno drove down the field on the first drive to make it 7-0. I was feeling my way out offensively and was having some nice success. Defense was another story, felt like I was simply battling to get lucky with Heisman. There were numerous times where Cal defenders were in position to make the play but could not or Fresno's QB made a fantastic throw. I kept getting burnt because they'd under throw the football and I'd take control of the db and whiff to hand them a score. We battled back, but ultimately could not get a stop on the last drive as they continued to get first downs. We forced a field goal to go down 28-34 but only with 4 seconds left in the game. The KR was tackled inside the 30, and that was the ballgame!

+Positives+
    • A complete day offensively, both ground & air attack
    • Great quarterback play overall from young Maynard
    • Handling adversity- we fought back all game
    • Winning the second half after losing the first by 14
    -Negatives-
    • The defense failing to get off the field all game
    • A lack of push from the front 7 & failing to get pressure
    • Failing to make plays on WRs with DBs while ball in the air
    • Whiffing with DBs and gift-wrapping touchdowns
    Next Game: CALIFORNIA v ARMY

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I told you these teams were playingg like bama out there didn't I?

6. IrishBearcat

Fresno is comparable in talent to CAL. With me rusty and playing on Heisman I'd expect a difficult game. I will get better, and so will my team with talent through recruiting. Base Heisman seems like a solid set to use!

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Man that was the hardest game I ever played in 12 lol

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I like this. I may start doing this. that is all

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I think it's Heisman TBA. In the E we were on Heisman and it became close to unreal. So we are with an beefed up AA slider set. Works wonders.

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

11. IrishBearcat

Yes I'm pretty sure unless I messed up.

12. fuzzyl0gic

Ah ok. Ever consider AA with sliders? Heisman can sometimes make the CPU way too good IMO.

13. IrishBearcat

I'm not too much of a slider expert this year, are base AA sliders too weak?

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh I didn't know what to say it was nothing like that in OC lol. Houston played too well with C+ defense haha

15. IrishBearcat

16. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Polk Carries Washington to First Win
    The first half of this game went as you might expect; the two stars on Washington's offense both had a TD (WR Jermaine Kearse - 11 yd TD rec; HB Chris Polk - 1 yard TD run), and the Huskies also added a FG to take the lead 17-3 at halftime.​
    Washington came out flat in the third quarter, getting outscored 10-0, and letting Middle Tennessee State back in this one. MTSU took the lead early in the fourth with a 23 yard TD strike to WR Tavarres Jefferson, and Washington fans gasped in disbelief. Chris Polk moved the chains with some more powerful running, draining the clock in the process. With time dwindling down, QB Keith Price found WR Jermaine Kearse for their second TD connection of the day, this time from 19 yards out. That gave the Huskies a 24-20 lead, and there wasn't enough time left for the Blue Raiders to make a come back. Coach Fuzzy gets his first win of the year.​