Game Summaries W5S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 30, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Post 'em up.

2. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Huskies Cruise to Win with Defensive Effort
    [​IMG]
    Washington traveled to face Utah in a week 5 match-up between two undefeated teams. Utah sputtered on offense on their first possession, and the Huskies wasted no time scoring. Chris Polk set the tone with a 10 yard TD run on Washington's opening drive. The defense made another stop, and the Huskies tacked on a FG. The second quarter was all defense, with both teams trading FGs. 13-3 Washington going into the half.​
    The Huskies came out firing in the second half, quickly getting the ball down the field. On a 3rd and short, Keith Price found WR Cody Bruns wide open on a slant route, and Burns ran it in for a 25 yard TD reception. Utah turned the ball over, and this time TE Marlion Barnett caught a 13 yd TD pass from Price. Washington's defense made another stop, but Price may have grown over-confident with a 27-3 lead. He saw Kearse running a streak, the safety came down low so he was in single coverage; he took a shot, but his pass was underthrown and Utah defender Conroy Black took advantage and made a spectacular INT.​
    The momentum from the turnover carried Utah to a TD, an 11 yard strike from Wynn to WR DeVonte Christopher. Unfortunately for Utah, those would be the last points they would score in the game. Wynn threw a couple more INTs in the 4th, and Washington simply drained the clock with the run game. They capped on one more FG to make it a 30-11 victory. Great game Oshiomogho
    Next Week: Bye​
    Stats:
    K. Price 9/13 154 yds 2 TDs 1 INT
    C. Polk 26 atts 114 yds 1 TD
    C. Burns 3 recs 60 yds 1 TD
    J. Kearse 2 recs 41 yds
    M. Hartvigson 2 recs 36 yds
    M. Barnett 1 rec 13 yds 1 TD
    S. Parker 4 tackles 2 INTs
    C. Dennison 3 tackles 1 sack 1 INT
    S. Tokolahi 2 tackles 1 sack
    A. Ta amu 2 tackles 2 sacks
    Hau oli Jamora 1 tackle 1 sack

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Heisman cheats. I don't even want to write a summary I will when I'm not pissed.

4. fuzzyl0gic

I hope you didn't break anything!

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

That is how I felt last night. CSU couldn't move the ball against me for three quarters, than bam 21 points in the fourth? Really?

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I was close but then I realized I still have a shot at the ACC championship with the Cavaliers in OC(y)

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea man I know how you feel they make some miraculous plays and it is just so frustrating. I just played Stanford they were breaking every single tackle, no pressure on the QB at all. For crying out loud if you look back our beloved commish lost to Army on Heisman. Lol

8. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Simmerrrr Mr. Leach, do we need to stick you in the closet? LOL, I played terribly and almost came back and won the game against Army! We need the sliders to be challenging, because we will continue to get better with recruiting, slider experience, etc. and the other teams will get worse. You're doing fine, if you'd like to make some suggestions in the sliders thread that's the route you should take- not your "Leach Tantrams" :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] 13
    [​IMG]23

[​IMG]
    • Total Yards [​IMG]
    • Rushing Yards [​IMG]
    • Passing Yards [​IMG]
    • 3rd Down Conversions [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turnovers Forced [​IMG]
    Oregon State traveled to Arizona State and took a conference victory by the score of 23-13. In an ugly offensive game(total offense: ASU 173, OS 219) The kicking game was the difference as Oregon State Senior kicker Johnny Hecker drilled all 3 attempts - including a 53 yarder that made it a 2 possession lead with 5 mins left.
    Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler struggled again going 7-24 thru the air for 89 yards with 2 INTs and 0 TDs. The lone bright spot for the Sun Devils was junior standout RB C. Marshall's 105 yards(1 rush TD)(on only 14 attempts .
    The Sun Devils move to 0-2 in the Pac 12.

10. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

Hey guys, just wanted to say hey to everyone. To the year one guys (Irish, oshi, Noff), its great to be back. Those seasons are still the best ive had on this series.

As far as my game last night it was great. the story of the first half was me being able to drive but not convert points. I had a 68 yard td pass on my 3rd or 4th drive on the first play on playaction. but other than that it was a few first downs and punt. Colorado played much better than me and had a FG on the first drive after I made a stop inside the 10. I gave a TD and then while driving late in the first half and being successful i fumble and its returned to the house. down 17-7 at half. First play from scrimmage in the second half I get a 68 yard td run off tackle. all defense after that for me. My guys really stepped up. In the 4th i was driving down 3 and see the seam get past the under coverage and split the S's but in my attempt to put the ball up i throw it hard and its picked but the db falls into the endzone and i get a safety. Shitty for and colorado. but i punted after being stopped and got the ball back to make a long drive and hit a 41 yard field goal (barely over the cross bar) to take a 19-17 lead with :50 seconds to go. I intercept the ball on the second play and take The Knee and run the clock out.

so glad to be back even though I have a tough road ahead with 6 more user games plus oregon and stanford with C+ team but we are young. With all four NW teams in pac being user teams with great natural rivalries there this will be fun. just getting out of oregon and my own state .500 is gonna be hell. Ill take a stab at evaluating recruits like I used to do over the weekend.

Thanks for getting me in Irish

Knee

• Like Like x 1
  11. gowazzucougs

The Knee

This is what happened on the interception, my guy picked it off at the 1 or 2 yard line, his momentum took him into the end zone. Once I was in the end zone I went forward, and the CPU logic says that since I was able to go forward, or make a football move in the end zone it wipes out the argument my momentum took me into the end zone. It is complete BS, because I think everyone would agree if my momentum takes me into the end zone, I should have the ball on the 20 unless I was able to get by my own goal line on the return.

I thought about this last night if that occurs the other user should take a safety, and when the other user gets the ball he should take the return to the 20 yard line because that is what should have happened.

12. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

i would agree it that. thats why I texted you to see if you wanted me to punt back to you. but I agree with that. Its a rare situation im sure as I didnt even realize what had happened because it shouldnt have been a safety. when i saw you punting I looked at score and realized. I didnt have my volume up so I was rather confused for a sec. But I think what you said is the right thing for us to do in the future.

13. IrishBearcat

We don't have a rule on this. I know what your talking about though, it's happened to me several times (both being on the good and bad end of the play). gowazzucougs , why don't you start a poll on this rule (or maybe simply a thread) and we can discuss it. Unless we vote to change it, it will simply be "play on" for the rule.

I'd personally say leave it be. It can happen to both users equally, and I really hate any rules where you have to give up points or punt back to an opponent, but that's just me.

14. gowazzucougs

I have seen it before, but never had it happened in game I was playing. I wasn't too upset over it, though it did suck that I lost the game because of the safety. I didn't really say that it should be a rule, but it is more suggestion.

15. IrishBearcat

Yeah I definitely hear you, I'm just making a suggestion about how we approach it! :)

16. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

24[​IMG][​IMG]16
    Coach Redd notches first win vs conference opponent Utah.The Sun Devils beat the Utah Utes 24-16. Arizona State rode a strong running game and great defensive effort in route to victory. Junior RB Cameron Marshall rushed for 200 yards on 23 carries and found the end zone twice to pace the Devils. The defense recorded 5 sacks, forced 2 turnovers, and held Utah to 27 yards on 20 carries to keep a strong Utah offensive unit in check.

Team Stats

Total Offense:
    [​IMG]353 - 195 [​IMG]
    Rushing Yards

[​IMG]194 - 27 [​IMG]
    Passing Yards

[​IMG]159 - 168 [​IMG]
    Third Down %

[​IMG]5-8 62% - 3-11 27% [​IMG]
    Turnovers Forced
    [​IMG] 2 - 4 [​IMG]