Game Summaries: Week 1, Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Game Summaries: Week 1, Season 4

post here

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC survives the upset bid by Syracuse.

This is not how Pete Carroll wanted to start a new campaign coming off a disappointing season. The Trojans managed a 10-7 win. They threw pick after pick. Barkley was eventually sidelined due to injury. Their new running back needed 27 carries to reach the 100 yard mark. The receivers and quarterbacks ( all 3 played due to injuries) were not on the same page. The kicker missed two redsone FG's (maybe 3 I don't remember).

If it were not for the defense this one could have been a signature win for Syracuse. The young DLine held their ground. The defense came away with 2 picks and a fumble recovery. The last pick sealed the gae as Syracuse was driving to tie or win the game with under a minute left. Safety Corbett was all over the field dishing out punishment. His versatility reminds Carroll of Troy Polamalu.

USC is 1-0 next up Hawaii

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Illinois wins. After being called out last season because illinois cant pass but can run illinois came out and threw the ball other than 2 big pass plays it was a pathetic game. Charest 17-39 313 2td 3int 42% completion rate. To make everyone happy Green only ran 17 times for 105 yards and 2tds. Up next will be Fla. final score 33-30

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BEAVERS EMBARRASSED BY BADGERS 36-7

BEAVERS EMBARRASSED BY BADGERS 36-7
    [​IMG]

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    WISC 7 13 3 13 36
    ORST 7 0 0 0 7

STATE WISC ORST
    OFF 519 137
    RUSH 395 3
    PASS 124 134
    TO 1 6
    TOP 15:01 10:29

The Oregon State Beavers were embarrassed in their home opener as they failed to generate any offense. Star HB Jovan Stevenson took the first handoff of the season and was injured and is now out for the season. He will spend his senior year on the sideline cheering on the Beavers.

The Badgers had an incredible day allowing only 134 yards of offense and racking up incredible numbers on offense. Wisconsin's HB Erik Smith rushed for 358 yards on 40 carries with 3 TD's. He was most of the Badgers offense and made himself impossible to stop.

The Beavers will open up with Pac 10 play next week as they play the Arizona State Sun Devils.

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Cal @ Notre Dame

Cal 27 Notre Dame 28

All I can say about this game is WOW. Notre Dame comes back from 20 down in the 4th quarter to pull out this win, possibly the greatest comeback in Notre Dame history. Here is how it unfolded:

Just like in last year's trip to Cal, the Irish got a pick 6 on the opening drive of the game, this time from Jamoris Slaughter:

[youtube]KZqR6xwrK1o[/youtube]

Cal would respond with a defensive TD of their own as Shaq Evans coughed up this fumble for a Robert Mullins scoop and score:

[youtube]X_WS8YivqR0[/youtube]

At the half the score was 13-7 Cal.

Notre Dame opened up the 3rd by driving the field, only to have Crist throw a 92 yard INT to Kyle Williams.

[​IMG]

Kyle Williams' pick 6 made it 20-7

Cal tacked on another TD to push the lead to 27-7 and all but put the game out of reach going into the 4th.

But wake up the echoes, cause here come the Irish! Notre Dame drives the field and Crist hit the Freshman Sean Moss on a 10 yard strike.

After a quick 3 and out Notre Dame turns the ball over on downs, but then a Cal FUMBLE sets up the Irish at midfield. Crist methodically moves ND down the field and hits Deion Walker from 18 yards out (27-21 Cal).

[​IMG]

Cal gets the ball back but goes 3 and out and has to punt with :54 left on the clock. Dayne Crist hits Deion Walker for 57 YARDS to put the Irish in the redzone with no time outs and 30 seconds left. Crist hits the TE Fauria at the 1. They hurry to the line and...

[youtube]OQphZj_EfTw[/youtube]

great game JV. I know you must be sick to your stomach to have lost, but you played great.

Next: at Stanford (3:30 ABC)

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

That was a great game 2bits!!!!! I enjoyed your summary alot, I still need to take the time and figure how to post vids and pics.

This game was an exciting one from start to finish with a dramatic ending. It was a defensive battle for the 1st 3 qtrs. Once Notre Dame was able to cause a fumble the momentum shifted in favor of Notre Dame.

The first interception thrown by Cals SR QB B.Sweeny went 66 yards for the score things loked grim offensively for Cal. But the offense regrouped and put together a drive for a 25 yard FG.

2nd Qtr
    Cal was able to capitalize on a fumble caused by Freshman FS R.Garrett (Thanks Ryty I stole this recruit from you) :D and returned it for 69 yards the TD. The defense held firm allowing the offense good field position to end the half with another FG.

13-7 Cal

3rd Qtr
    Notre Dame drives down the field but when they finally get the redzone they faced too much pressure and the defense of Cal gets another interception but this one returned 92 yards for the TD. Noticing Notre Dame focusing on the short passing game and perimeter runs Cals coach catches Notre Dame in the cover 2 leaving SR WR J.Sparks all alone down the sideline for a 70 yard TD strike.
    27-7 Cal

4th Qtr
    ALL NOTRE DAME. As Cal tries to run out the clock the amazing LBs of Notre Dame just destroys my RBs in the backfield. In 4 mins or less Notre Dame racks up 21 points from his quick release passing game leaving while the offense of Cal sputters helplessly under the dominating defense of Notre Dame forcing Cal to continually punt.

Overall very fun game. Cant wait till we do it again 2 bits haha :)

7. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Oregon beats Boise Blue

Oregon : 30
    Boise : 12

Oregon ended last year 10-3... coach Drausus said the goal this year was 11-2. After a visit to Rival Boise State, they are off to a decent start.

Oregon got out to a big 21-0 lead before the half. QB Thomas went 6/7 for 116 yards and 1TD. RB Shinaba ran the ball 19 times for 78 yards and 2 TD's. The 1st team offense and defense was taken out after RB Parks returned the the kickoff to open up the 2nd half and make it a 27-0 Oregon Lead.

Boise got 2 scores in the 4th qtr, but they also only had the ball 2 times. Oregon controlled the clock in the second half for almost 10 minutes. For the game they controlled it for over 17 minutes, while boise only had the ball for over 6.

Player of the Game
    QB D.Thomas 6/7, 116 Yards, 1 TD, 4 rushes, 42 Yards

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Frisk, I saw that score last night, and all I could think of was Wisconsin's two beastly DE's. How did they treat you?

Mike

9. Emmdotfrisk

I couldnt run at all against them. They knocked out my HB for the season, and knocked out my QB and backup rb for the game in the first quarter. Also Erik Smith rushed for 398 yards. I was very happy about my game

10. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Has the Rodger brothers graduated?

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Yes, I believe both James and Jacquizz have both gone on to greener pastures, leaving Stevenson all alone, and from what it now sounds, out for the year.

Mike

12. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Michigan Dominates Toledo calls off dogs at half up 49-7. Runs with 3rd string in second half.

MICH - 56
    TOL - 7
    More to come tomorrow!

13. Emmdotfrisk

Here was what my depth chart for HB looked like last year...

1. SR Jacquizz Rodgers
    2. SR Ryan McCants
    3. SR Clay York
    4. SO Jovan Stevenson
    5. FR Ashton Jefferson

Here is what it looks like now...

1. JR Jovan Stevenson Out for season
    2. Ashton Jefferson 79 OVR
    3. Joe Blow

14. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Sorry I didn't post a game summary. I was so pissed. I had my laptop out. I was writing the summary while playing. Got to the 4th and it says "preparing to hibernate" or some dumb shit. I later discovered that I didn't plug in the cord properly. Thus, no summary because I was mad. We won 21-20. We were down 20-7 at one point and missed a field goal. QB threw 2 picks that were my fault and I blame it on the settings lol. Pittman had a monster day proving he is back. I think 26 carries for 160 and a couple TD's and 4 receptions for 60+ yards receiving. The defense played horrible but I attribute that to the robo QB sliders.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

bk around or gone for the weekend?

16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

IDK, is his the last game? He had an issue with EA and the connection after the game. His game will be simmed.

Cimmy, sdid22 or bk, if that is the only game left, go ahead and advance.

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i'm on it