Game Summaries: Week 10, Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 18, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 10, Season 3

Post in here.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Happy Valley Rolls Past Illini

Penn State looked like the Nittany Lions of old in this one agaisnt the Fighting Illini. Illinois had nothing for the PSU defense as they were held to two field goals on the day. Penn State's running game was spectacular in this matchup. Starting HB Curtis Dukes was able to gain 122 yards on 22 carries with 2 TDs on the day. While HB Stephfon Green managed 33 yards on 6 carries and 1 TD. Kevin Newsome had a near flawless game as he went 10 for 12 for 111 yards, with only one downfall in an interception late in the first half. Linebacker Michael Mauti grabbed an interception of his own off QB Bailey that he brought to the house for 6. PSU would roll in this one, 31-6.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Dont know if i just suck at this game or if i dont have the talent. I still cant pass the ball. Got my rear handed to me only bright spot was the 170 yards rushing by green. Yippie 2 more losses coming in the next two weeks

4. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Keep your head up, man. Penn State's defense is pretty damn good, and Happy Valley is a tough place to play. You're still having a good season, with a relatively undermanned team. Just gotta do what you can and try to tread water in recruiting to upgrade the talent.

5. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Badgers win close one in Kinnick, 20-13.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wisconsin takes back the Heartland Trophy after gutting out a win against the Hawkeyes. It was a classic Big 10 match up, filled with big plays on defense, and in the running game. Playing on the road with a QB who had just thrown 7 interceptions in the past two weeks, and still without Zach Brown due to injury, the Badgers came in with a fairly vanilla game plan. After this result, the coach might just want to consider sticking to it.

Iowa started off the scoring by notching a field goal on their opening possession. An interception later on would give Wisconsin excellent field position, but they could only muster a field goal of their own to tie the game. However, the offenses seemed to get it going from that point on, as Curt Phillips capped off a long drive with a TD pass, and Iowa moved into scoring range to make it a 10-6 lead in favor of the Badgers at half time.

A downright bizarre interception gave Iowa a chance to take the lead in the third -- and they did, scoring on a run play to give themselves a 13-10 lead. That would be their final score on the day. Just when it seemed like the demons were starting to enter Curt Phillips' head, he responded, leading his team with the help of a solid running game to a 17-13 entering the fourth. The Badger defense held fast against Iowa the rest of the way, and sealed the game by way of an interception to cement the 20-13 victory.

Wisconsin's defense was dominant at times, limiting the competition to just 191 yards of total offense. They also totaled 2 interceptions and a sack, halting potential scoring drives. The offense struggled, but was efficient for most of the game, particularly later on as they were able to make headway with the rushing attack. The coach had his offense carry around a football around campus during the week to emphasize the need to take care of it in games. He'd have to be pleased with just the 1 interception, which was pretty flukey.

Key Stat(s): In a game like this, the team better able to rush the football would likely come out on top. That was proven to be true, with Wisconsin gaining 116 on the ground as opposed to just 39 for Iowa.

Player of the game: DE Brenden Kelly, who picked off two passes - including the game winner.

Next Week: Home against Illinois. Wisconsin will return home to take on the Fighting Illini.

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Hey NDCOLTS your #1 in the nation in rush offense. Set up some play action passes and hit the open man when the defense brings 8 in the box. You have a very fast team, use this speed to hit the flats and mix it up the pass by streaking the wr down the field some. Once you get some good recruits in for defense you will be a major contender in the BIG 10.

You got this man(y)

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Cal 52 @ WSU 0

Cal defense proved very effective in this game only allowing 193 yards of total offense and 9 first downs with 2 ints. The opening drives for Cal ended in with turnovers (2 ints). But they were able to jumpstart their engines after this huge stall and the rest is history.

Overall WSU got ran over by the offensive line of Cal and burnt by their speed.

Player of the Game
    RS Soph WR J.Sparks- 153 yrds 2 TDs

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Hitting on All Cylinders

Oregon : 55
    Washington : 7

The Ducks were flying to the ball and did not skip a beat all game. They tallied over 544 Total Yards of offense and only allowed the Huskies 95.

QB Thomas had his best game throwing 21/26 for 302 Yards and 4 TD's. RB James ran the ball 26 times for 143 Yards and 2 TD's, he also caught 7 passes for 103 Yards and 2 TD's.

The Duck D picked off QB Fouch 3 times and limited him to throwing 12/29 for 94 Yards. With out a passing game, the Ducks put 8 in the box and stopped RB Polk, as he ran the ball 9 times for 4 yards. Several option plays were blown up in the back field, and all in all, it was a bad day for Polk.

OU is now Bowl Eligible and will fight for their 8th Win next week vs Stanford.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

MCCANTS CARRIES OREGON STATE PAST ARIZONA STATE 36-26

MCCANTS CARRIES OREGON STATE PAST ARIZONA STATE 36-26

[​IMG]

The Oregon State Beavers (4-4,3-3) are one step closer to becoming bowl eligible as they defeat the Arizona State Sun Devils (3-6,1-5) in a heavy scoring game. The Beavers nearly doubled ASU's yard total on offense leading them to a victory.

The Oregon State offense was lead once again with a heavy ground game with 372 yards rushing and 4 TD's. With the absence of Jacquizz Rodgers all eyes rest on RSSR HB Ryan McCants who did not disappoint, rushing for 235 yards with 3 TDs. His rushing yards were also accompanied by two underclassmen rushers who totaled for 100 yards rushing on 21 carries.

The Beavers defense struggled at times in the secondary but played quite well up front, allowing only 39 yards on the ground. They were able to force 4 turnovers via interception, which ultimately secured them the win.

OSU now looks towards their final four games of the season where they must win 3 to assure themselves as bowl eligible. That will be no easy task as they will be challenged by Cal, who is coming off of a big win over #1 USC and Oregon who is rushing all over the Pac 10. Next week Washington State, Head Coach Frisk Alma Mater, heads into Corvallis as they hope to get their first Pac 10 conference.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSR HB #24 Ryan McCants 21 carries for 235 yards with 3 TD's

[​IMG]

RSSR SS #10 Lance Mitchell 9 Tackles, 2 INT

10. NDCOLTS1979

Oh i plan on it next year if i can get a decent qb to help me out. My best qb accuracy is about garbage. Has speed and a strong arm but is horrible. I have been trying things with him offline and see if i can work something out with him for the rest of the year and hope i can get some committs. Losing 5 wr from last year and signing none hurt. I actually have a cb i changed to wr in the offseason so will see

11. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Thought about recruiting some pocket passers to supplement your speed scrambler?

12. NDCOLTS1979

Have to on my list right now hoping to get one to sign.