Game Summaries: Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Aug 19, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 10

Post in here..

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

#11 7-2(4-1) Ohio State @ #9 8-1(4-1) Penn State

[​IMG]

A huge game in the Big10 between two hated rivals. The Buckeyes led by QB Terrelle Pryor traveled to Happy Valley to take on Daryll Clark and the Nittany Lions. OSU was looking for revenge after the Lions cracked the Nuts in the Horseshoe last season 13-6. Both teams were tied for the Big10 lead going into this one and only one could come out on top.

Penn State kicked the ball off to OSU and forced them to punt on their first drive. Penn State would draw first blood on a 47 yard field goal. OSU would not wait as they drove the field to take the 7-3 as Pryor found Sanzenbacher from 18 yards out. In the second, PSU placed 2 more field goals through the up rights, and HB Herron added another TD to the Buckeyes, 14-9 OSU. However, before the half would come to a close, Penn State HB Evan Royster would give the Lions their first TD of the game and the lead, 16-14 Nittany Lions at half.

PSU Coach Cimmy knew if he wanted a good shot to be the Buckeyes and Pryor late in the game, they would need to put points on the board early as they received the ball at the start of the second half. That is exactly what they did. WR Devon Smith would take the kickoff 103 yards to the house to give the Lions a two score lead. OSU would not flinch as Pryor would lead them down the field to bring it within 2 yet again. The fourth quarter arrived and the score was in favor of Penn State, 23-21. Clark would find WR Price from 15 yards away to give the Lions another 2 score lead. On the next drive the Lions Defense would hold OSU and force them to punt. It was all Evan Royster and Stepfhon Green as the Lions would run the ball and burn the clock. OSU would have time however, but not enough. They did manage to drive the field to score a late TD as time expired, but the whistle blew and Penn State had survived a thriller in Happy Valley. PSU is now one loss for the Illini away from leading the Big10 Outright and heading to the Rose Bowl to play either ASU, if they can manage a win against #2 USC, or an at-large opponent if USC goes to the National Championship. Next week Penn State will host the Hoosiers of Indiana to try to remain undefeated at Happy Valley for the year. Finishing on the road in East Lansing against the Michigan St Spartans is all the remains for the Lions in their hopes for the Rose Bowl.

PSU Stats:
    -QB D. Clark: 10 for 18 147 YDs 1 TD
    -HB E. Royster: 20 Atts 52 YDs 1 TD
    -WR A. Price: 2 Recs 37 YDs 1 TD
    -WR D. Smith: 3 KRs 158 YDs 1 KR TD

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Oregon St. v Cal

[​IMG]
    Jacquizz Rodgers came up big again this week....

Cal 38 Oregon St 42

This game was a battle of the backs. J. Rodgers had over 200 yards rushing and Best had over 150!!

Cal came out strong with a td pass...but missed the PAT...
    Cal then forced a turnover and ended their next drive with a 45 yard FG
    Oregon ST. decided to put their impact player in charge then. ROdgers went off the rest of the game!......as well as Jahvid Best

Cal and Oregon st. would stay close most of the game after that. Scoring within a few points of each other during the quarters.

Cal had the lead in the fourth when second string RB Stevenson subbed in for J. Rodgers with out coach BK's permission....he would go on to score the game winning 2 yard TD.

After the game Coach Bk said "he wasnt supposed to go in but hey it worked out....he will be runnin stadium steps for it though."

Oregon State Top Players
    K Moevao 16-176 2 tds passing
    J. Rodgers 30-213 3 tds Rushing
    Receiving corps 10-201

Cal Top players
    Jahvid Best 17-157 2 TD he was the team this game, im sure he was out their making tackles to but i cant prove it

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha...DAMN!! Harsh for the game winner...

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Lol I snapped the ball and was like wth!!!!! But the hole was huge and he trotted in lol

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Stats coming soon i forgot to post em

7. controllerabuser

"Minnesota didn't expect to be that close but you know what, they'll take it!"

[​IMG]

#19 Illinois 27 @ Minnesota 33

Big game that meant so much to the coaches around the nation. Had playoff game atmosphere and it served up a bowl of excitement. Illinois came in off a loss to Michigan and fired it's head coach because of activity issues. Minnesota was ready to get back to winning as it experienced early on in the season. The teams felt each other out and both defenses forced punts. The Illini would strike first though on a 21 yard reception by Troy Pollard. 7-0

Minnesota would quickly find itself down 14-0 as the Illini took a pick 6 to the house. The Gophers didn't dig a hole and put their heads under ground. They came back and scored on a FB dive 7-14. Our defense would "step up" and hold "The Juice" on the next Illini possession. Gophers would get some help on special teams as a 15 yard face mask penalty was called on the Illini. 14-10 @ at the half as the Gophers were held to a field goal.

Gophers were given a sensational comeback speech at the half in the locker room. It paid off as the Gophers scored to take the lead for the 1st time in the game 17-14. Gopher defense tries to make a play but forgets to wrap up on the next Illini possession as Jason Ford scores to erase the Gopher's happy thoughts. Adam Weber would try to force a pass as it ended up in the wrong hands for a pick 6. Yet Minnesota would quickly charge down the field and score on a huge pass to X. Brandon.

I think Illinois had 3 and 4-5 about 3 times on the next possession. Each time they found themselves in this position they ran the wishbone and Juice sneaked up-field. However, the Gophers meant business as they stopped the Illini at the goal line. All the Illini needed was a FG to make it 30-24. Yet the Illini kicker must have partied hard in downtown Minneapolis the night before because he missed a FG at the 7 yard line. Minnesota would notch a FG to take it into OT.

Illinois would go on offense first. Coach cimmy must have thrown a hex on the kicker as he missed his second field goal in a row. Gopher's offense would take the field and would lose. Instead of kicking a field goal and taking a chance at missing. Gopher's head coach called Duane Bennett's number time and time again. It paid off as he punched in the game winning touchdown. 33-27 Minnesota pulls off the upset!

Passing
    Adam Weber 23-38 299 2TD 2INT

Rushing
    Duane Bennett 24-97 1TD

Receiving
    Hayo Carpenter 6-64
    Eric Lair 5-34
    Duane Bennett 3-32 1TD
    Brandon Green 3-45
    Xzavian Brandon 3-84 1TD
    Ben Kuznia 3-40

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

9. controllerabuser

Just because it was you i should have lost!!! :Djk

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha...I was honestly afraid you may have had that idea....hahaha

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

lol nice

12. controllerabuser

I wouldn't do that.. Lose solely because of my hate for you. I am trying to put the Gophs on the map baby! (y)

13. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

UCLA Game Summary:

Washington 44 @ UCLA 41 in 2OT.

I lost to Washington.

Washington.

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

wow i still gta play em .......hopefully its a normal game lol

15. controllerabuser

Best recap in BfR history! Kudos ryty! Kudos!

[​IMG]

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

After spotting Purdue 21 first quarter points, Michigan roared back to beat the Boilermakers in OT by a FG. Final score 27-24

Rich Rod said that his team is finally learning how to overcome adversity, and he is proud of his team. We still can attain our goal of making it back to a bowl game.

17. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Yeah, man. They almost got me earlier on the road. Won 13-7, but they outplayed me for most of the contest that day.

18. WisconsinSports414

Boooo Michigan! Just kidding. Good comeback, this week and in general. Nice to see your squad not packing it in and getting some wins.

19. WisconsinSports414

WILDCATS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS

Arizona - 39 Washington State - 14

Arizona came into this game as heavy favorites, and for the most part, they showed why on the field. It was a dominant effort from the defense, which picked off three more passes and took another one back to the house. Said coach matcs_finest, "It wasn't USC out there against us today, but it's still good to see our kids on defense making some big plays." Matt Scott further established himself as a dual-threat QB, passing for 200+ yards and three TDs, while also rushing for over 100.

The win is significant in that it keeps them in the race for the Pac 10 crown for at least another week. At 7-1 (4-1), winning out the rest of the way would give them the conference crown, as well as a likely trip to Pasadena. Unfortunately for them, the competition will be much more formidable from this point on. Next week, they travel to California for a game against the 2-6 Golden Bears, but the Wildcats' head coach knows better than to understimate them. "They've got talent all over the field. This could be the toughest challenge our D has faced to this point in the year." Following that, Arizona gets a final home game against Oregon, followed by big road contests at rival ASU and of course, USC.

We'll see how things turn out....

20. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

Wisconsin 28 Indiana 24

Badgers pull out a close win on the road.
    Dustin Sherer had possibly his best outing of his career at Wisconsin throwing for 269yds & 3tds AND surprisingly not turning the ball over at all.
    John Clay also had a solid game on the ground for the Badgers chugging away for 102yds on 15 carries.

The end of this game was pretty crazy. With 1:24 to go, Badgers WR Nick Toon fumbled the ball and a Indiana DB returned it 94yds for a fumble to take the lead 24-21. The Badgers got the ball back with a little over a minute to go and drove the field. With :23 left Sherer hooked up with Nick Toon on a 25yd fade in the back of the end zone. Toon saved his own butt today with that catch.

The Badgers improved to 6-3 (4-2) on the season. Up next the Badgers will host sdid22's Michigan Wolverines.

21. controllerabuser

Damn, i just realized i'm surrounded by Badger fans:biggun:

22. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

haha yeah i'm gettin that axe back next year and going head hunting with it. my badgers need their cookies.

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

ye not so much .....geuss the closest fan of a team i would be considered is USC ...there are a few Arkansas connections there...lol..........

i worked in Minnesota couple summers ago....so.....go gophs lol (y)

24. controllerabuser

bk, you just earned some cool points bro!!

lol, what part of mn did you work?

25. controllerabuser

bk, you just earned some cool points bro!!

lol, what part of mn did you work?