Game Summaries: Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Aug 21, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 11

Post game recaps in here

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

4-6(1-5) Indiana Hoosiers @ #9 9-1(5-1) Penn State Nittany Lions

[​IMG]

Penn State took care of business against the Hoosiers in Happy Valley. The Nittany Lions finished the season undefeated at Beaver Stadium and move one step closer to the Rose Bowl. HB Evan Royster had a huge day on the ground for the Lions rushing for 111 YDs on 24 carries for 4 TDs. Daryll Clark went 6 for 11 with 145 YDs and a TD pass. The defense has shown up when it matters in the later part of the season and held IU to 16 points and causing 2 crucial interceptions. 1 in the PSU endzone and the other a pick 6. Penn State travels to East Lansing to punch their ticket to the Rose Bowl against the Spartans of Michigan State.

Final Score: PSU 42 IU 16

3. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Another Close Shave!

Arizona 13 California 12

The Wildcats win a tough road contest against the Golden Bears, 13-12. To put it nicely, this was an ugly game in which the defenses ruled. Arizona gave up six sacks on offense, by far their highest total of the season. Still, they were able to move the ball with some consistency, and managed to control the clock pretty well. There were some missed opportunities that nearly proved costly in this one; namely a missed field goal early on, as well as not coming away with any points after getting the ball in Cal territory after a pick. That would later come into play again as the 'Cats were stopped on fourth down because of the lacking kicking game. The Golden Bears were inconsistent on offense, but put together key drives when needed. It very much appeared as though they would give Arizona a crushing loss, when an interception in the endzone killed their chances. They were given another small window of opportunity after stuffing the Widlcats in the backfield twice in a row, a result that came as something of a surprise considering that in regards to run blocking, the o line had held their own nicely for most of the day.

Five victories in a row has them sitting in sole possession of second place in the Pac 10 with just three games to go. Next week, Arizona 8-1 (5-1) returns to Tucson for their final home coming of the season, and a match up against the Oregon Ducks 5-4 (4-2).

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

California coach stated after the game "In a normal situation I would have played for the tie but the team was 2-7 and bowl ineligible before the game started. Arizona's players made the big stop and they deserved the win."

Best had 95 of his 140+ yards on one drive, leading to Cal's only TD on a QB sneak at the 1 yard line. The rest of the game he was kept in check by the Wildcat's D and bad play calling by the Cal coach.

5. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Good game, man. I don't blame you for going for the jugular. I tried to do the same on the drive before that. It was looking like a tough loss for a minute there, but the D stepped up and made a big play. Good luck to you in the future.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Michigan keeps it's Bowl hopes alive by surviving the Badgers in Madison.

Final Score 17-10

Wisconsin dominated the entire game. Consecutive tunovers gave the Wolverines a short field and they were able to turn it into 14 points. The rest of the way the Wolverines played field position football and managed a big FG to make it 7. Wisconsin drove the ball 60 yards with their no huddle offense. However as they rushed to the line they threw an errant pick ( he pressed X on accident trying to get to line) to seal the deal.

Obi Ezeh had an INt off a ball that was bobbled around by a Wisconsin receiver and a couple Michigan defenders. On the ensuing drive he recovered a John clay fumble to set up the second TD.

[​IMG]

7. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

great game sdid.
    those turnovers were just HUGE!
    hopefully I will be at the Big House next year!

Me on 3rd downs....12% Success Rate. That also hurt.
    Idk how many times you stuffed me on short yardage situations. I have one of the biggest backs in the league and still couldn't get it done. lol

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I was surprised too with stopping Clay. It felt like a Big 10 game. Man you had me on the ropes i was dreading half time. You are a good player man enjoyed it a lot.