Game Summaries: Week 13, Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 21, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 13, Season 2

Post in here.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cal 31 Arizona 3

Cal started slow, with Riley throwing 2 picks. The first one was all him the other was rudely separated from receiver the trailing DB picked it. Best had a sweet 60 yard TD to give Cal the lead and they never looked back. Best finished with just under 200 yards rushing for player of game honors.

3. controllerabuser

Looks like you are making teams bite the dust with your new squad.

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Oregon Defense showed up and Knocked out Clemson

Oregon : 37
    Clemson : 10

RB L. James came up limp again as he exited the game with a bruised shoulder in the 2nd Qtr. Alston came into to take his place, but Masoli put the game in his hands as he eclipsed 3,000 yards passing on the season, going 21/32 for 232 Yards and 4 TD's.

Biggest story of the game was the Oregon Defense. They Allowed 10 Points and 139 Total Offense, only allowing 50 Yards on 26 Carries. They came up with 3 interceptions and Clemson QB Parker was seeing a sea of white and green jerseys as he was sacked 3 times and pressured by the Duck's strong D-Line all game.

Coach:
    "The game ball goes to our defense. They played with motivation and intensity. Not taking anything away from Oregon State, but this may be the best Defense I have ever coached. Hopefully they will keep that momentum going towards our Rival game next week."

Player of the Game:
    DE C.DiVincenzo - 8 Tackles, 5 TFL, 3 Sacks

5. controllerabuser

Word is, Oregon State head coach will be putting that on the wall in the locker room this week.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I can't wait to get back to playing football....

7. controllerabuser

When did you play football? :D

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Best would have been over 200 but I pulled the starters in the 4th. This team makes Washington look slow. Best has 98 speed, the backup has 94 speed.

Derrrfree22 told me after the Oregon State game, I probably could have scored around 60 against him, however I kicked 5 field goals in red zone. When I checked game stats after game I was stunned to see I forced 7 turnovers. One of them never should have happened though, he was behind by like 14-20 and it was 4th quarter he was around his 20 and he calls a fake punt pass, and it was intercepted. If he calls a regular play that probably would not have been a turnover.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

You're right...I never played football....lemme rephrase that...

I can't wait to get back to taken Minnesota to the Woodshed

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC 31 ND 17

[​IMG]

USC wins it by outlasting ND in the 4th quarter. This time out, USC found it hard to find a rhythm on Offense. Mitch Mustain was under consant pressure and Marc Tyler had problems finding room to run.

A 0-0 tie went into the final minute of the first half when USC took a chance deep and Mustain found Ronald Johnson for a 65 yard TD. On the ensuing drive Dane Crist would find D. Walker for a 70 yard score for ND with 34 seconds left. Ronald johnson would take the kick off to mid field and Mustain ended up hitting Brandon Carswell from 13 yards out with 0:06 to go. 21 points in less than a minute!

ND would win the third quarter 7-3. USC would win the 4th 14-3 as they went to the ground attack and Tyler and havili rumbled for a TD each.

Key stats ND had 8 more 1st downs and 153 more yards.

SOME HOW . . . SOME WAY . . . USC held ND from scoring in the redzone 3 times and forced 4 TO's despite the bulk yardage they gave up.

USC redzone 4 trips 3 td's and a FG
    ND 5 redzone trips 1 tD 1 FG.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sdid>Nice win.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

#5 Penn State @ Michigan St

Penn State goes into East Lansing 5th in the Nation and looking to improve. A win will secure at least a share of the Big10 Title and improve their BCS Stock. Michigan State would make PSU play football in the first half, but in the end the Nittany Lions would prove too much for the Spartans and come away with the win and the Land Grant Trophy in dominating fashion. With HB Green already out for the rest of the regular season, HB Brent Carter took the reigns, but would fall to injury and be sidelined for this game. The Future of PSU Football, RS Freshman HB Curtis Dukes would come in and put on a show. HB Brent Carter would carry the ball 16 times for 121 YDs and HB Curtis Dukes would light up the field rushing 25 times for his 121 YDs and 2 TDs. Next up for the Lions, a home visit from the #12 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets to secure back-to-back undefeated seasons in Happy Valley, currently at 12-0.

The Final Score from East Lansing:
    Penn State 42
    Michigan St 24