Game Summaries: Week 14, Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 23, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 14, Season 2

Post in here.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cal 34 Stanford 24

Cal overcame 4 Ints by Riley and falling behind 17-0 in 1st min of the game to win 34-24. Stanford gets opening kickoff and after a clipping penalty starts at their 13. On the first play from scrimmage, Luck to Owusu for an 87 yard catch and run TD. Riley throws a pick. Luck to Owusu again for a 14-0 lead. Riley throws his second pick. Stanford kicks a FG. 17-0 Stanford. Only 45 seconds have elapsed in game. Riley wakes up long enough to throw 2 TDs in 1st quarter for a 17-14 Stanford lead after 1.

In the second quarter, Stanford picked Riley off for the 4th time, returning it for a pick 6. To close out the half, Riley hits Calvin on an end zone deflected hail mary to tie at 24.

Coach overhauled game plan on offense in 3rd quarter putting it in the running games hands. Best finished with over 100 yards but suffered broken ribs and is most likely out for rest of season.

Stanford was held to 15 yards passing after throwing for over 100 on the first 2 TD drives.

Riley did throw 3 TD passes to go with the 4 Ints

Coach's comments: We as a team are too conservative at times. That's why we tried to open up the playbook a little bit. Riley read the field right on 3 of the 4 ints. Of those 3 he just lead the receiver a little too much. We are only talking small amounts. One there was poor protection. Losing Best will hurt in Bowl game. We have confidence in the rest of the running game to be fine though.

Stanford had a great game plan to stop the passing attack. They just couldn't stop the run when they needed to. We here at Cal wish them well in recruiting and look forward to next year's matchup on the field.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cal 34 Stanford 24

Cal overcame 4 Ints by Riley and falling behind 17-0 in 1st min of the game to win 34-24. Stanford gets opening kickoff and after a clipping penalty starts at their 13. On the first play from scrimmage, Luck to Baldwin for an 87 yard catch and run TD. Riley throws a pick. Luck to Owusu again for a 14-0 lead. Riley throws his second pick. Stanford kicks a FG. 17-0 Stanford. Only 45 seconds have elapsed in game. Riley wakes up long enough to throw 2 TDs in 1st quarter for a 17-14 Stanford lead after 1.

In the second quarter, Stanford picked Riley off for the 4th time, returning it for a pick 6. To close out the half, Riley hits Calvin on an end zone deflected hail mary to tie at 24.

Coach overhauled game plan on offense in 3rd quarter putting it in the running games hands. Best finished with over 100 yards but suffered broken ribs and is most likely out for rest of season.

Stanford was held to 15 yards passing after throwing for over 100 on the first 2 TD drives.

Riley did throw 3 TD passes to go with the 4 Ints

Coach's comments: We as a team are too conservative at times. That's why we tried to open up the playbook a little bit. Riley read the field right on 3 of the 4 ints. Of those 3 he just lead the receiver a little too much. We are only talking small amounts. One there was poor protection. Losing Best will hurt in Bowl game. We have confidence in the rest of the running game to be fine though.

Stanford had a great game plan to stop the passing attack. They just couldn't stop the run when they needed to. We here at Cal wish them well in recruiting and look forward to next year's matchup on the field.

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

[​IMG]

Ducks send Beavers back to their Dam, Coach Drausus beats prior team.

Ducks : 40
    Beavers : 7

Controversy and heart break. After beginning the season as the Beaver's head coach, Drausus took the job with his Alma-Mater Oregon Ducks 4 weeks ago. To add fuel to the fire for Oregon State, Drausus stated last week the "This (the ducks) might be the best defense I have ever coached". The Beavers had a lot to prove.... but its to bad we found out today that coach Drausus was telling the truth.

The Ducks stated out fast, scoring on their first drive from a Masoli 6 Yard QB sneak. The beavers would punt on their 1st series, but due to a Masoli INT, they got on the board in the 1st Qtr.

Now.... it was over... or almost. Alston subbed out in the 2nd QTR for RB J.Shinaba. Shinaba went off and was almost unstoppable. He had 2 TD's in the 2nd Qtr and 1 TD in the 3rd. The other 2 TD's in those Qtr's were directly set up by his big runs. He finished with 37 carries for 251 Yards and 3 TD's.

The other big story was the defense for Oregon. So how good are they? How about only allowing 100 Yards total, no scores, and only 4 first downs. They completely dis-mantled Oregon States running game by only allowing RB J.Rodgers to 14 Yards on 12 Carries.

Player of the Game :
    RB J.Shinaba 37car, 251Yds, 3TD's, 2rec, 16Yds

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I can't believe you held Jacquizz to only 14 yards! The little guy musta been sad

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I switched to a 3-4 defense. The little guy didn't have a chance against it. Thing that surprised me, I didn't blitz once but my D-Line completely dominated their O-Line and my safeties were coming in untouched to stop the run. I didn't realize my D was so quick until this game..... hopefully it wasn't a fluke and I can keep the momentum going into a Bowl Game. Will need to have a good Defense..... because if my run game gets stopped, I don't think im good enough at passing yet to win games.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yes its true Illinois has become bowl eligible after this week ending with a 6-6 record. With Mcgee out ran the ball for the victory. had 3 players sign last week so things are looking up in Champaign.

8. controllerabuser

Pop Champagne in Champaign!

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Did Jacquizz play the whole game :D

10. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Lol.... yeah. It was the first time this season he went un-injured all game. He couldn't run a play without getting injuried for me.... now it seems he is healthy as a horse. To bad his injury cold caught on to my backs, James went out for 2 weeks and Alston has been up and down each game. Shinaba has been ok.... but I wonder when the big injury will hit him.

11. controllerabuser

Northern Illinois 14 @ Minnesota 28

Full story later... Beer night!

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Glad to see you got your priorities in game then beer (y):D

13. controllerabuser

Yes sir! Wouldn't put all my hard work down the drain. Practice hard, play hard, drink hard!

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I've been sober for 15 years now, but I remember the good drinking days and the bad drinking days.

15. Emmdotfrisk

COUGS END SEASON ON A HIGH NOTE, WIN APPLE CUP 44-32

COUGS END SEASON ON A HIGH NOTE, WIN APPLE CUP 44-32

[​IMG]

The 2-9 Washington State Cougars have had a rough year but managed to squeak out a win in Seattle against the Washington Huskies (7-5). In a game with absolutely no defense, both teams scored relentlessly without end. The difference in the game was turnovers. The Cougs intercepted two passes, returning both for touchdown's to go up a couple scores.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSJR HB #24 James Montgomery

[​IMG]

RSJR MLB #43 Alex Hoffman-Ellis

UP NEXT FOR THE COUGS

After a disappointing 2-9 season, the cougs will look forward to next year under newly appointed Head Coach Frisk. Frisk took the head job at Washington State with only 3 games remaining in the year, coaching WAZZU to two close losses to Rutgers and UCLA, and an Apple Cup Rivalry victory.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

RING DING DONG USC WINS THE BELL AND IS PLAYING FOR THE TITLE.

USC went conservative on offense and it paid. Marc Tyler and Stanley havili toted the mail for the Trojans and led them to a 45-28 win over UCLA. Tyler finished with 37 carries for 166 yards and three td's. Mitch Mustain only threw it 16 times but he connected 10 times for 239 yards and 3 scores.

Carroll: UCLA played very well in this game and are closing the gap with us. That Johnson kid (WR) is a beast and a terror to play against. Their rb really has a nice skill set too. Hat's off to them, but were rinigng the bell tonight baby. PAC 10 Champs whew!!!!!!

17. controllerabuser

Congrats on the Pac Ten title sdid!

18. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Congrats on Pac 10

Represent us well in the BCS Championship game.

19. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Pac-10 champ heading to the BCS Championship game. You gotta win bro!! All of us here in the PAC-10 are rooting for ya. Good Luck!

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Thanks guys I wonder if 1 loss Bama or Florida will jump Boise?

21. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Good luck in the National Championship, SDID. I couldn't do anything to stop your running game. Very nice gameplan.....

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Nobody is moving ahead of Boise. Hell, I might beat Rutgers and drop. I would laugh. No BCS bid, and no Rose Bowl. Good for an 11-1 season.

Mike

23. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Bama/florida is the SEC Championship game, so here's hoping.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Congrats sdid, make our conference proud!

25. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

After a couple off-line sims.... Bama and Flordia will not jump Boise State. Michigan will get a Rose Bowl bid vs Tennessee and Iowa will play in the Orange Bowl. Cal vs Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl.... ect.

Nothing is set in concrete though....