Game Summaries: Week 14, Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Game Summaries: Week 14, Season 3

Stanford 28 @ Cal 59

Record setting game, based from the you would think that it was Cal who broke some records but this game Junior RB U.Amana for Stanford easily walked in the endzone multiple times.

1st Qtr
    On 2nd down Stanford hands the ball of and the whole right side of Cal’s defense is on the ground!!!!! Stanfords RB Amana broke a tackle from the FS for a 62 yard TD. After watching the replay I counted 7 defensive players on the ground immediately after the snap in the direction of the play. Cal’s first offensive drive and 2nd play from scrimmage was a fumble by RB S.Vereen recovered by Stanford. The next play it was a toss to the right for Amana who went 46 yards AGAIN 5 defensive players on the right side were on the ground and breaks the FS attempted tackle. Next offensive drive Cal’s SR QB B.Mansion throws an INT. The defense of Cal was able to stop Stanford with a missed FG. But again the next drive for Cal ended with an INT but this time in the endzone! Cal’s QB Mansion overshot an open JR TE Miller right into a Stanford LB hands. Qtr ended 14-0 Stanford.

2nd Qtr
    Cal continues to stutter ending their next offensive drive with a missed FG. Stanford answers again with another 62 yard TD rush with RB Taylor, this time it was a dive up the middle. He was able to go untouched into the endzone. On the following kickoff M.Calvin was able to return it 95 yards for the TD. The defense of Cal was finally able to stay on their feet and stop the weak passing game of Stanford. The next 3 offensive drives were all long passing plays from B.Mansion to WR M.Calvin for TDs from 29, 20, and 47 yards. The Cal coach finally recognized some holes in the secondary of Stanford. Half ended 28-21 Cal

3rd Qtr
    Cal QB B.Mansion was able to an open JR TE S.Ladner for 44 yards for the TD and another 55 yard pass to WR M.Calvin. The defense was able force Stanford to punt the rest of the qtr. 42-21 Cal

4th Qtr
    Cal was able to get on the board again while draining the clock with Soph RB D.Yarnway with a 5 yard rushing TD. But Stanford answered right back with Amana on another dive play going untouched for 82 yards. The Cal coach stated “I am astonished Stanford’s offensive lines just pushed us around like we were dummies.” The game ended with Cal scoring another 10 points (1 yard rush by Yarnway and a FG) while they consumed the clock.

Final 59-28

Player of the Game-
    Stanford’s offensive line receives this award because of their ability to just pancake the whole Cal defense.

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

O well disregard post, the game froze while exiting and loading to dynasty HQ. Waited for awhile and it became apparent that there was no recovery of this game. Disappointed since I made a great comeback and wrote up my summary while reviewing the highlights only to have it freeze on me.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Notre Dame @ Wisconsin

Notre Dame 31 Wisconsin 17

The Irish rolled into a snow storm at Camp Randell looking to stay in the national title hunt. After a Wisconsin FG, Notre Dame would take control and go up 17-3 at the half.

Cierre Wood and Dayne Crist would have to leave the game on multiple occasions due to minor injuries. Wisconsin mounted a comeback late in the 3rd, but never got to within two touchdowns.

Up next for the Irish? Either a Fiesta Bowl matchup or possibly a trip to New Orleans to take on coach Bkhogfan and the Ohio State Buckeyes.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

JVig, can't stay in the game screen that long after it's over. Causes that problem. Thanks EA.

Mike

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Lesson learned, Trying to do a more accurate summary will cause game to freeze. lol

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I always just exit the game right after. Then you can go and look at the Team and Individual stats for the game if you go to PLAY WEEK, TEAM SCHEDULE, and right stick in on the game.

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

#9 USC @ #5 UCLA

UCLA WINS VICTORY BELL, DEFEATS USC 31 - 27

[​IMG]

PASADENA, Ca -- Even though the PAC 10 title had already been decided, the game between USC and UCLA always has meaning. UCLA rallied from a 27 - 17 fourth quarter deficit to stun the Trojans, 31 - 27. In order to beat the Trojans, UCLA QB Kevin Prince played the game of his season and maybe his career. He passed for 384 yards including 4 touchdown passes (24 - 32) and made a perfect 18 yard pass on a corner route with 16 seconds to play in the 4th to give the Bruins the late lead. Junior All-American TE Morell Presley lead the way receiving for the Bruins with 10 catches for 129 yards and a touchdown.

The question now for the Bruins is where they will be playing next. With a 11 - 1 record and undefeated record in the tough Pac 10, UCLA's resume is definitely on par with the 3 other teams ahead of them in the BCS standings (Notre Dame 11 - 1, Nebraska 9 - 2, USF 10 - 1) to possibly play for the National Title against the undefeated Buckeyes. Let the debate begin!

GAME SUMMARY

Column 1
    Ist 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    USC 10 14 3 0 27
    UCLA 10 0 7 14 31

Column 1
    1st Quarter
    4:36 TD USC: B. Butler, 31 Yd pass from A. Corp
    2:46 FG UCLA: J. Locke, 52 Yd FG
    2:01 FG USC: V. Bass, 42 Yd FG
    :13 TD UCLA: T. Embree, 39 Yd pass from K. Prince
    2nd Quarter
    2:40 TD USC: M. Tyler, 2 Yd run
    :17 TD USC: R. Ellison, 8 Yd pass from A. Corp
    3rd Quarter
    5:06 TD UCLA: M. Tyler, 2 Yd run
    0:00 FG USC: V. Bass, 21 Yd FG
    4th Quarter
    5:13 TD UCLA: M. Knox, 40 Yd pass from K. Prince
    :16 TD UCLA: M. Presley, 18 Yd pass from K. Prince

As always, Great Game SDID.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

RY WE are arch nemesis in both od's man I really enjoy going into battle with you bro. gg good luck hope you bring the NC back to the pac-10.

9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

No doubt about that. Almost everyone of our games have been close (the exception being this year's SEC Championship Game). With my last few UCLA recruiting classes, I think USC/UCLA could get to the level of Bama/Florida.

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

That's not what I wanted to hear , lol

11. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Michigan going bowiling.

Michigan dominated Ball St.

As expected the #7 team in the big 10 finished the regular season 6-5. After dropping all 5 games to users this season Blue went out and got a new HC in T2Express.

the running game blew up behind vince smith. he ripped of a 71 yard run.

UM wins 49-10