Game Summaries: Week 3, Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 23, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 3, Season 2

Post in here.

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Oregon State vs Louisville

OSU - 37
    UL - 7

Oregon State came into this game riding some momentum from last weeks dominating win. With heavy rain and wind, the Beavers would need to rely on their running game early.

RB Jacquizz Rodgers would shoulder the load as he helped the Beav's drive the field for the first score of the game. Following a Louisville 3 and out, the Beav's were left with a short field off a bad punt and converted a FG. Starting the 2 QTR, Louisville would finally get on the board, scoring on a 7 yard pass. That would be the only score Louisville would have though, as the Beaver defense forced 3 turnovers, 2 of which were in the last 3 minutes of the 1st half. 27-7 Half

Midway through the the 3rd Qtr, the 2nd team would come in for the Beavers, but it didn't seem to make a difference. RB Ryan McCants helped shoulder the load on 17 carries for 86 Yards. Back-up QB Lalich only attempted 1 pass in the second half, not complete. End Game

QB C.Vaz 13/16 180 Yards 2TD

RB J.Rodgers 18car 106 Yards 2TD / 2rec 41 Yards
    RB R. McCants 17car 86 Yards

WR S.McGarity 4rec 67 Yards 1TD

3. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Notre Dame @ Michigan State

This game was just crazy. First I end up going down 20-0 and Armando Allen is running around like he is god resurrected. Kirk Cousins was able to hook up with Mark Bell with 2 min left before halftime on a 55 yard TD pass. Then Mark Crum steps in front of the TE and gets a INT. I knock in a FG with 23 seconds left in the half to go into halftime down 20-10. I get ball to start the 3rd quarter and go on a nice long drive that ends in a 1 yard run by Terry Garrett 20-17 now. No one scores until 2:37 left in the 4th quarter when Larry Caper punches one in from 1 yard out. But the very first play on offense God decided to smack me down on a 72 yard run breaking about 10 tackles. I get the ball back with about 2 minutes left. I run a deep post to Bell but it's covered underneath so as he gets on top of the CB I put it up over his head. He runs under it and makes a leaping catch and gets drilled and is injured on the play but holds onto the ball. I run two run plays and get to about the 1 yard line. 3rd down under 30 seconds one last play to try to win it or i'm going to OT against God. Well Larry Caper decides to put the Michigan State faithful on is back and punches it in. God gets the ball back and drives all the way down inside my 30 but time runs out even on God... MSU WINS 31-27!!!!

Once again I don't know if it's the OD or EA servers but I couldn't save any pictures or videos from my game. I'll post stats.. This is a huge win from Michigan State going 3-0 on the season with a handful of recruits in to see the ND game.

Michigan State

Kirk Cousins 15-25 262 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Larry Caper 27 ATT 107 yards 2 TD
    Terry Garrett 1 ATT 1 yard 1 TD
    Larry Caper 5 REC 52 yards
    MarkBell 2 REC 105 yards 1 TD
    Fred Smith 2 REC 34 yards
    John Blankenship 6 tackles
    Colin Neely 4 tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack
    Mark Crum 3 tackles 1 INT

Dayne Crist 8-22 100 yards 0 TD 1 INT
    Armando God Allen 18 ATT 288 yards 3 TD
    Shaquelle Evans 3 REC 15 yards
    Deion Walker 2 REC 50 yards
    Kyle Rudolph 2 REC 32 yards
    Dan McCarthy 11 tackles
    Kapron Lewis Moore 7 tackles 3 TFL 3 Sacks
    Anthony McDonald 7 tackles 2 TFL 2 Sacks
    Sean Cwynar 3 tackles 1 Sack

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Washington 38 Idaho 22

Don't let the score fool you. Washington played a B- game for most of it and won 38-22. Washington allowed Idaho to march down the field and score a TD on first drive of game. Washington then scored the next 28 pts. After back to back INTs by Locker, 2nd ending up on Washington 2, White for Idaho scored making it 28-14. Locker was a part of 3 TDs.

Notes:
    1> OLine needs to play better or Washington can forget about being bowl eligible.

2> If OLine plays better then less pressure put on Polk to perform.

3> Locker needs to make better reads. Both INTs this game were poor reads.

Key players:
    Chris Polk 205 yds rushing 1 TD

Idaho
    White 58 rushing 75 receiving 3 total tds 1 2pt conv

Harry Husky reporting

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC vs MINN

USC 34 Minnesota 14 (I think)

The Trojans took on Big 10 power Minnesota. The Trojans imposed their will early and had the control of the game through out.

Pete Carroll : We played a class program. The bounces went our way and we were able to execute throughout the game. Joe (McKnight) looked like the back we had in mind when we recruited him 4 years ago. Aaron (Corp QB) was on point as well. We got solid play out of our linebackers on defense and we played well against a great offense. Minnesota is an up and coming team and we just had a few more athletes making plays than they did. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

6. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Very nice victory for you, man. And finally, the Pac 10 gets a win in the challenge.