Game Summaries: Week 3, Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Nov 2, 2009.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Game Summaries: Week 3, Season 3

What a week for the fighting illini as they had their hated rivals Mizzu in town for what everyone anticipated as a hard and close game. Illinois came out and made it one of the most embarrassing games for mizzu. After holding mizzu to e and out illinois got the ball one play later J. Green busts out a 56 yd td run right away. He also had a 1 yd td run (2) 5 yd td runs and a (0) td run. all before halftime. The game at half was 34-6 and illinois brought in the backups right away. Well after i realized my defense back up had my rb starting at lb and one getting hurt i kept the one string in on defense. Mizzu did score one more td in second half but illinois all on the ground still scored 17 more points.

Player stats
    J. Green 34 rushes 245yds 5 tds averaged 7.2 a carry
    J. Ford 31 rushes 183yds 2 tds averaged 5.9 a carry

Illinois ended up with 481 yds on the ground and was 13-14 on 3rd down.
    we have a bye week next week then off to the big ten where we face michigan. With it being a rivalry game we decided to invite Bentley, Brooks and Bass to the game and i am pretty sure they left happy :)

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Michigan State @ Notre Dame

Michigan State 42 Notre Dame 49

This was perhaps the most ridiculous game of NCAA football I have ever played. Notre Dame shuts down MSU on the opening possession and proceeds to put up three quick TDs to take a 21-0 lead. Then the Fighting Irish forgot how to play D after a solid performance at Cal last week. Michigan St put up all 42 of their points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters in this head scratcher of a contest. On the bright side the golden domers were unstoppable on offense. Check out the ridic stat lines:

[​IMG]
    Deion Walker blew up for 212 KR Yds and 3 tot TDs

[​IMG]
    Michael Floyd killed MSU: 16 rec 229 yds 1 TD

Statistical Leaders

Dayne Crist 31/36 461 yards 2 TD 2 INT
    Cierre Wood 27 car 124 yards 3 TD
    Michael Floyd 16 rec 229 yards 1 TD
    Kyle Rudoplh 6 rec 102 yards

Next: @ Washington St (EmmDotFrisk)

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Just exited out to the dynasty headquarters and my system froze up. I had to reboot and it never reported the game. Pretty pissed right now.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Mr2Bits, are you writing your summaries while still in the game? Not out in the dynasty? Taking too long before exiting the game has seemed to be the culprit of this problem.

Mike

5. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

TEXAS DESTROYS UCLA, 66 - 38.

[​IMG]

Can't really say too much about this one. Texas was just simply better in every aspect of the game. Texas sacked Kevin Prince 12 times (he was knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter) and intercepted him 5 times to pretty much tell the story of the game. Furthermore, the UCLA defense could not stop the running game of the Longhorns. Texas RB Cory Johnson rushed for 225 yards on 25 carries and scored 4 touchdowns.

It doesn't get easier for the Bruins as we travel to Oregon to play the 17th ranked Ducks.

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yeah Mike. I worked on the summary before exiting the game. In the future I'll just exit the game and look at the stats from the dynasty pages. Lesson learned.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC rolls up Syracuse 73-16

USC could do no wrong in the first half against Syracuse. They amassed 63 points and 28 of those points came from the defense. Marc Tyler scored 2 Td's and rushed for 99 yards in the first half. Aaron Corp hit some big plays in the passing game as well in the first half. USC returned two fumbles and two interceptions for td's in the first half as well.

Syracuse managed 6 or 9 first half points with a dazzling punt return for TD by WR Van Chew.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Oregon hold off Wazzu

Oregon : 34
    WSU : 20

It was a windy day in Pullman.... and the home town white out was in effect.....

The game started off almost even. Both teams driving and scoring on their first drives. 7-3 Oregon after 1st

Both teams scored 10 in the 2nd qtr. WSU's running game was un-stoppable with Oregon running a 3-4, a change needed to be made at half for the Ducks. 17 - 13 Half

The 3rd Qtr was all Ducks.... they came out and stopped the run with the 4-3 defensive switch and WSU threw an INT that helped with the Ducks field position. The Ducks scored 17 in the 3rd thanks to QB D.Thomas on the QB Power run for 78 Yards. Ducks extend the lead to 34-13 after 3 Qtrs.

WSU would get on the board with a TD in the 4th, but Oregon would wind down the clock and eventually end the game on the next possession.

Player of the Game

QB D.Thomas 15/17, 161 Yards, 2 TD's, 8 carries, 105 Yards, 2 TD

GG Emm. You played good with the coug's... You run D was very good until the later end of the game. Good Luck the rest of the year.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You too Lee, my defense could only hold your guys down so long. I had to put all my eggs in one basket and hope you would choose it....you caught on eventually and I had to start switching it up to keep up......then you blew it open. Also gingerbread man Mitz, my HB, was out more than half the game which cost me. And as for Thomas......Jesus.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

KU heads north to Iowa, leaves less than satisfied

Iowa played their 2nd of 3 BigXII opponents on their OoC schedule when the Jayhawks came to Kinnick. Iowa got on the board twice in the first quarter, one on a TD pass to Keenan Davis, the other on a Brandon Wegher run. KU managed a FG to start the 2nd quarter, but Iowa right back with Davis scoring his 2nd TD on the day. Another Kansas FG, followed by a TD off of an Iowa turnover would put Kansas close at 21-13. But Iowa's Brandon Wegher had other thoughts. He managed to bully his way into the endzone just before the half ended to make it 28-13 Iowa.

The second half was all Iowa, as Wegher picked up his third TD on the day early in the 3rd quarter, Mossbrucker added a FG, and Elliott King added a garbage time TD. All in all it was a good showing by the defense, they did not have any turnovers, but Broderick Binns managed 3 sacks.

Final score 45-13 Iowa

Mike

11. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Wisconsin takes care of Northern Illinois, 41-10. It was a solid day, complete with plenty of offense, suffocating defense, and another impressive kick return for a touchdown by David Gilreath. Running back by committee seems to be working so far, and now the team has two straight weeks off to prepare for the conference opener against Penn State.