Game Summaries: Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jul 28, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 3

Post in here if you want to give a recap.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Gophers stay undefeated with a bullet to the endzone!

[​IMG]

What a game! I was down 14-0 at one point. We buckled down and maintained our composure. Weathering the storm we marched down and got a score. We kicked a FG before half to make it 14-10. It ended up going back and forth.

Last plays of the game Cal scores with very little time on the clock. Yet they chose to kick it short. We got a decent return and marched down the field to put a dagger in the heart of the Cal Bears..

Huge win for the Minnesota Gopher football program as it took its first step in turning this program around.

Good luck Bravejaf, good user and good player.. i just got the better of it today..

Key Stats

Minnesota
    Adam Weber 19-28 211 yds, 1TD 1INT
    Duane Bennett 19-76 yds, 3-37 yds
    X. Brandon 7-81 yds, 1TD
    E. Lair 3-44 yds

Cal
    Kevin Riley 17-29 290 yds, 2TD 2INT
    Jahvid Best 15-55 yds 2-40 yds, 1TD 8.0 avg in 2 games- 3.6 avg against us
    N. Boateng 5-110 yds
    V. Tucker 3-40 yds, 1TD

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Turnovers doomed the Golden Bears, especially the two by 2nd string RB/kick returner Vereen. He fumbled in the red zone, leading to a Gopher field goal. On the next kick off he once again was stripped of the ball, even though he was instructed by the coach to protect the ball.

Despite the turnovers, 4 in total, the Bears had a good chance at winning the game when Riley scrambled and found a wide open Jahvid Best. Best broke one tackle and made it to the endzone to put the Bears up by 4 with just 40 seconds to go. Unfortunately the team played too conservatively on the final drive and the Gophers snuck one into the endzone with 2 seconds left. No Cal/Stanford miracle on the final kickoff.

Two very painful losses for Cal, but thankfully neither should effect the teams ultimate goal of making the Rose Bowl. Improvements will be made before the Pac 10 schedule kicks off and roster changes also may be forthcoming.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

0-12 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Michigan has started the season 0-3. That's right 0-3. Fire RichRod.com is in full force, and he may even be a member. Oh how he dreams of the days of Pat White and Steve Slaton. Instead he gets interception after interception thrown by his two young guys at QB. His Rb have success early in games bt they have to abandon the run game because they are digging out of a 21-0 grave they bury themselves in every game.

I hate to say it but I guarantee that this season will be the worst in Michigan history. Atleast it will take our minds off the ass whipping by Appy St.

5. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

UNLV gave me a scare in Madison this past week. My pass game was no where to be found. Running game though was hitting on all cylinders. John Clay ran for over 200yds and a pair of touchdowns. Final score was Wisconsin - 34 UNLV - 22.