Game Summaries: Week 4, Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 4, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 4, Season 3

Post in here.

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Notre Dame @ Washington St.

Notre Dame 35 Washington St 7

Coach 2Bits brought his Golden-Domers west for the second time in three weeks to take on coach Emmdotfrisk and the Washington St. Cougars. The Irish set the tone early on offense and defense by intercepting a J. Levenseller pass and taking the ensuing possession in for a 6 yard Cierre Wood TD run. All week Wood and the Irish offensive line listened to various media outlets dog their running game. Wood responded with his the best game of his young career: 22 car, 114 yards, 2 TD

Throughout the game the Irish were able to mix the run and pass well and play solid defense. After the game coach 2Bits fielded questions about whether or not his team is a legitimate National Title contender. The coach responded by saying that "we are a legitimate contender against Pittsburgh next week if we practice hard and play our game."

gg Emmdot.

[​IMG]

Michael Floyd hauled in 2 TDs against Wazzu

Next: @ Pitt (3:30 ABC)

Statistical Leaders (ND)

Dayne Crist 16/24 200 yds 2 TD 2 INT
    Cierre Wood 22 car 114 yds 2 TD
    Michael Floyd 7 rec 76 yds 2 TD

Brad Smith 6 tack 1 INT
    Kaplon Lewis-Moore 2 sacks
    Justin Byers 2 INT

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Don't you mean NBC - Notre Dame Broadcasting Company

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

haha no doubt NBC is slurping the Irish. Personally I don't understand why. I never watch ND unless they are playing USC or Michigan. Maybe this is my southern sensibility talking.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC plays uninspired but keeps pesky Stanford at Bay

Aaron Corp threw for over 300 yards and connected on 3 TD passes again. Marc Tyler controlled the ground game again. The defense scored another touchdown to make it 6 on the season. However, fans got a sense that this USC team just showed up and beat Stanford. A lackidaisical performance against some of the other Pac 10 schools will result in a loss. No one knows this better than Pete Carroll.

Carroll: I am not pleased with the focus and the effort today. Honestly and no disrespect to Stanford but the only reason we one is because we have better athletes. IF this was an evenly matched game and we showed this kind of lack of intensity we'd get our butts handed to us.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

UCLA Chews UP Oregon:

UCLA : 34
    Oregon : 10

Oregon Defense couldn't stop anything. UCLA ran all over us and passed all over us. Just to many gaps in the Defense. Even when blitzing, QB prince had all day to throw. Oregon had trouble running the ball against the 4-4, and Thomas's passing game was way off. UCLA's LE had several sacks and the Bruins kept steady pressure on Thomas all game. Just a bad all round game from the ducks..... they are lights out in games vs CPU.... but my user record goes to 3-6.

GG Ryty

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

GG Lee. I was definitely geared up to stop the run. I figured I would take my chances with Thomas throwing the ball. Fortunately for me, it worked out ok.

Good luck the rest of the way!