Game Summaries: Week 5, Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Game Summaries: Week 5, Season 2

#25 Wisconsin @ #2 Penn State

[​IMG]

The #2 Nittany Lions hosted the #25 Wisconsin Badgers in their Big10 opener in Happy Valley. Looking to keep the home winning streak alive, Penn State knew they needed to play perfect football. With the new 8 minute time clocks per quarter, Penn State and Wisconsin both knew they had PLENTY of time to play football. Penn State would have a huge day at home and keep the Badgers at Bay. The Nittany Lions Defense forced 6 interceptions during the duration. Penn State would find yards on both the ground and in the air combining for 378 yards of total offense. Penn State looks to keep their home winning streak, now at 9 games, alive when they hose the Wolverines of Michigan in Happy Valley.

Final Score:
    Penn State 34
    Wisconsin 17

Stats:
    -QB K. Newsome: 16 for 24 253 YDs 2 TDs 1 INT
    -HB S. Green: 28 Atts 109 YDs 1 TD
    -WR G. Zug: 6 Recs 97 YDs 1 TD
    -LB N. Stupar: 14 Tkls 2 Tfls 2 INTs
    -LB M. Mauti: 10 Tkls 1 Tfl 2 INTs
    -CB D. Givens: 7 Tkls 2 INTs
    -K. C Wagner: 2 for 2 FGs, Long 56 YDs (Into 11 MPH Cross Wind, Doinked Off Bottom Corner of Right Pole and In) Played a Golf Draw w/ Wind

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Washington 42 Stanford 14

Stanford put up a good fight, tying the game on a 67 yard touchdown from Luck to Whalen early second quarter. Washington scored on the ensuing drive on a TD pass from Locker to Broyles. Harry's play of the game was the following kickoff when Whalen fumbled it away and Washington recovered. 18 seconds later Broyles caught his second TD form Locker to make the halftime score 28-14 Washington. The stunned Stanford faithful couldn't believe it. After Washington scored 2 TDs in the third quarter, the backup came in and played great on defense forcing an interception in the red zone and also later forcing a turnover on downs on a fourth and goal later in the fourth quarter. This reporter noticed something that troubled him greatly, Washington has no depth at offensive line, when they subbed their starters out, they ended up with a DT and a FB playing OLine.

Stanford leaders
    Whalen 4 catches 133 yards 1 TD 1 fumble player of game
    Amana 114 yds rushing 2 fumbles
    Luck 266 yds passing 1 TD 1 Int
    Howell and Bernard 12 tackles each

Washington leaders
    Locker 193 yards passing 4 TDs 0 Ints
    Polk 146 yds rushing 90 yds receiving 3 TDs player of game
    Broyles 41 yards receiving 2 TDs
    Tiavo 1 Int
    Amora 1 fumble rec
    Thompson 1 fumble rec

Harry Husky Reporting

My note: I did not realize that I only had 8 total offensive lineman, I tried to have 2 backup DTs play line but it only allowed 1 to play.

3. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

[​IMG]
    Illinois 24 @ #21 Michigan 27

This game really tested my patience. First game I play through no problem win 42-16 Tate Forcier passes for a Michigan record. I go and leave the game area to go back to the dynasty headquarters and the load freezes. I'm pissed but I hit quit game and go back and try to play freezes at the start of the game. So at this point I need a break and do some stuff on the TF site for my other OD. I comeback and try for the third time. Well this time I get to play the entire game and it saves. No passing records in this game Tate Forcier was horrid passing 6-16 55 yards 0 TD 3 INT's. Thankfully Vincent Smith and Anthony White were getting big yards on the ground. Vincent Smith had 24 ATT 140 yards and 2 TD. Anthony White had 16 ATT 75 yards and 1 TD. Jonas Mouton lead the team on defense with 9 tackles 1 TFL and 1 INT. Mike Martin made a huge INT on a duck 3rd down pass by the HB when Illinois was in FG range late in the 4th to tie the game.

I drove down after this turnover and end up 3rd down and 8 or 9 for the first down. The first down is at the 1 yard line. I bring in Denard Robinson and decide to run a save QB run play I end up getting all the way down to 4th and inches. So this is gut check time 20-17 game a little under 2 minutes left. Does he take the FG and less than a TD lead or force them to go 80 plus yards from the 1 yard line to attempt to tie the game. I go for it and Anthony White punches it in! I kickoff and go into coverage. But somehow my secondary wants to make me sweat a little more and Boubacar Cissko and Michael Williams decide to blow the coverage that leads to a bomb with Boubacar Cissko walking the WR into the end zone. They line up for the onside kick... Junior Hemingway recovers!!!!!! Michigan WINS!!!! Well three kneel downs later by Tate Forcier that is.

Really not the way I wanted to bring the boys into next weeks night game at Penn State but such is life. ;)

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Restarts are going to be simmed.

5. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Well good luck then. It's been fun guys enjoy.

6. controllerabuser

18.0 - There will be NO restarts on your user vs. cpu games. If I see a restart I will discuss it with you to see if there was an extenuating circumstance, but most likely any restart = automatic simulation of your game. The 2nd time.. = a simulation loss. There is no shame to losing to the CPU..

TF rules.

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

you quit cuz u had to take a simulation????

8. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

I don't have to do anything. I won a game twice I won it fair and square. Control has known me long enough that I don't lie about game results. I don't need to stand up on a soap box and beg for results that are fairly mine. Why should I accept a sim that could injure my players before my biggest game of the year. Or loose all my recruits.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

that is no reason to quit, CA has had simmed my games many times on disconnects....he has known me way longer that you....does that mean anytime a commish has to enforce TF rules on you ...ur gonna quit, not a very good incentive to keep u in a dynasty

10. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

What are you trying to accomplish? To me it seems like your trying to pick a fight with me at this point. I told control I wouldn't do that to him so..

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Aaaahhh Skeet

12. controllerabuser

Don't waste your time with this issue. It's over and done with. I gave him a simple option which is what we're supposed to do. He didn't like it, so be it. Good luck, I am not going to waste my time with it.

13. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

I don't like the way it went down. You were supposed to talk to me in private about what happened and make a informed decision after the fact. I don't know what's going on because we never talked. If we are going to follow the TF rules to a T then we need to talk and not jump to throwing out the results. I feel like the circumstances warranted my results being kept.

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Listen...I'm not trying to throw fuel into the fire or piss anyone off or come off like a dickhead in anyway. But....Last season I had a game against Illinois in which the user cheesed horribly and won the game. He later quit before playing another week as the Illini. In my eyes, I wanted those results tossed because I felt it unfair because I followed these wonderful TF rules and played str8 sim football...where he did not. However, that did not happen. I didn't complain about it...I went on as it was...it ended up being my ONLY loss of the season.

Basically...what I'm trying to say....shit happens. Like you, I am not the commish of BfR, or any leagues except my own. I have no power to do anything and MUST listen to CA when he barks. If I think he is being a douche, I'll fight it...but in this case...bend over and take it basically...

15. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Enough talk on the boards about this issue.. Chiang, shoot me a PM if you wish to discuss this further..

16. controllerabuser

[​IMG]

Coming off a loss against USC, the Gophers look to begin their Big Ten journey. Benching Adam Weber and turning to Marqueis Gray and the pistol would end up almost costing the Gophers the ball game. Gophers HC would finally put an end to Gray's terrible play and put Weber in. First pass, Weber connects with Bryant Allen for a score on a shimmy(cimmy). We had been down by 2 scores throughout the 2nd half but pulled through. We are going to have a tough time stopping anyone if let Purdue put up 46 points.

Final Score 49-46

Adam Weber 8-10 222 3TD 0INT
    Marqueis Gray 8-17 75 0TD 3INT

Jonathan Pittman 24-263 3TD

Xzavian Brandon 7-183 2TD
    Bryant Allen 1-77 1TD

Michael Carter 10 Tack 1TFL 2INT
    Patrick Sveum 8 Tack 1TFL 1INT 1 DEF TD

17. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

PRESS CONFERENCE

UM 51 ILLI 7

This game got ugly quick.. we scored two touchdowns on just fumble returns..I feel our run defense can use some work..those guys were able to run over 100 yards on the ground today and thats just unacceptable..I need to see a better effort there.. the pass rush and coverage was just fine...On offense Tate took too many runs..Illinios defended the option well, however, we were able to get some good gains with some reverses we ran with Odoms...Big game coming up.. were going to happy valley...we must prepare...coach drowsike