Game Summaries: Week 5, Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 7, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 5, Season 3

Post in here.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

COUGS DROP ANOTHER IN GUT-WRENCHING FASHION, 28-17

COUGS DROP ANOTHER IN GUT-WRENCHING FASHION, 28-27

[​IMG]

The Washington State Cougars lose their third game in a row and second conference game. The Cougars appeared to have the win with 1:20 minute left in the game and kicking off to Stanford. False. After a 1:20 80 yard drive, the Stanford Cardinal scored with no timeouts and with 2 seconds on the clock to a 3 yard dump to the their TE.

This loss was demoralizing for the cougs, as they anticipated this to be one of 3 possible win in the Pac-10 conference this year. The cougs allowed Stanford's RB Amana to rush for 211 yards off of 21 carries, proving that their defense still needs a lot of work.

The cougars need to put things together for next week's battle with the #24 UCLA Bruins.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSJR QB #5 JT Levenseller 19-26 215 yards 1 TD

[​IMG]

RSSR MLB #43 Alex Hoffman-Ellis 11 Tackles

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Illinois beats Michigan. Game was nowhere near as close as the score was. Michigan was shutout in the first half. They didnt once make it to even the illini side of the field. Injuries starting to come in and with michigan playing the run we couldnt move the ball as the back up Charest really does suck. I benched him last year for Steelechase and i cant stand having him on the field. With some key recruits at the game it was nice for them to see the upset and enjoy thier time on campus

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Oregon gets the shit kicked out of them 42-10. Not sure why my offensive line has suddenly broke down in the last 2 game. Just seems every time I try and run the ball my RB gets hit in the back field before he can hardly grip the ball. Since im no good at passing... it looks like a long season ahead for the Ducks if the O-Line keeps breaking down in the run game.

5. controllerabuser

ND, can you post the score?

6. controllerabuser

Lee, who did you lose to? If you need some tips, I'd be more than happy to help you out with your passing game. PM if you want.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Cal gets their first win of the season!

Defeating a tough Oregon team 42-10. Are the inefficiencies of the Golden Bears cured? This game was truely an indication that things maybe turning around at Berkely. Cal was able to go 5-for-5 on 3rd downs and 3-for-3 (tds) in the redzone!

Cal was able to get on the board first with a 4 yard scamper by RB Vereen. Oregon answered back with a FG after a long 60 yard drive that got stopped on the Cal 16 yard line. At the half the score was a close Cal lead 14-10.

Cal coach stated at the half that his defense needed to better contain on the very elusive and fast QB D.Thomas.

It seemed the contain strategy worked by leaving Oregon scoreless in the second half. The defense keyed on the QB scrambles with contain blitzing causing QB D. Thomas to get injured in the early 3rd qtr. The defense continued on the QB contain against the second string QB D. Hawkins. Being able to rattle the second stringer the defense created 6 turnovers (Ints) and 5 sacks. DE E. Owusu had 4 sacks himself and an INT off a tipped pass. SS M.Taylor had 3 Int's with one returned for a TD.

Defensively for Oregon showed tremendous speed and resilience but off key in the second qtr. The LB's of Oregon bit on a play action pass to TE S. Ladner who went 31 yards for the score. This is when Oregon began to fall apart as a whole allowing 3 more TD's many of which were big plays. A 49 yard scamper by RB S.Vereen and a returned INT for a TD by M.Taylor that sealed this game.

Overall a very well played game on both sides. A chess match throughout with a few breaks for Cal in between providing them their first W.

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

You have a good passing game Lee.Flex. I wasn't really able to throw much either, throwing 2 int's with my starting QB. You had your 2nd string QB in when things started going bad for you man. I also caught a few breaks by making some incredible interceptions, like in the 3rd qtr my CB was 1on1 with your WR going down the sideline and was able to outjump your WR with a crazy over the shoulder catch.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC rolls beats ASU 59-24

USC used first half scores on kick off return and another defensive TD to get rolling. Brice Butler was huge in this game catching 3 TD passes from Aaron Corp. ASu was ale to hit some big plays on the USC defense which was cause for concern. However, the energy and enthusiasm was back for SC.

On the recruitin trail they were able to add their first two commitments for the year. A 4 star WR and a 5 star CB.

10. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Oregon State @ #24 UCLA

#24 UCLA RALLIES TO DEFEAT OREGON STATE, 45 - 24

PASADENA, Ca -- UCLA ranked for the first time in years, came out on fire in the first quarter against Oregon State. The UCLA running game lead by Aundre Dean moved down the field at will early as the Bruins took at 14- 3 lead. It looked like it would be no contest. However, All-American Jacquizz Rodgers had other ideas. The senior scored the next two touchdowns on runs of 8 yards and 27 yards to give Oregon State a 17 - 14 lead. On the next UCLA position, QB Kevin Prince threw an interception that was returned 20 yards for a touchdown to give OSU a 24 - 14 lead with 24 seconds in to go in the half. Fortunately for the Bruins, All-American CB A. Hester returned the ensuing kickoff 90 yards for a Touchdown (his third of the season) to bring the Bruins within 3. The return was definitely the play of the game.

The second half would be dominated by the offensive line of the Bruins. UCLA would outscore OSU 24 - 0 in the second half to secure the victory.

Key Statistics:

UCLA -

QB Kevin Prince - 10 of 18 for 161 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs
    RB Aundre Dean - 27 carries for 141 yards, 2TDs
    TE M. Pressley - 3 receptions for 59 yards, 1 TD
    CB A. Hester - 3 KR's for 127 yards and 1TD

Oregon State -

QB C. Vaz - 20 of 43 for 261, 1TD and 0 INTs
    RB J. Rodgers - 20 carries for 116 yards and 2 TDs
    WR J. Halahuni - 5 receptions for 90 yards

Up next for the Bruins - @ 2-2 Arizona State

11. controllerabuser

(2-1) Minnesota @ Purdue(2-0)

1st Quarter
    The gophers force a 3 & out after our kicker makes a saving tackle on a hug KO return by Purdue. After dropping a wide open 3rd & 11 pass, the coach decided to sit the two speedy freshman receivers. The Boilermakers would come back and get on the board 1st with a Chris Burgess 16 yard TD catch. The ensuing kick off return would be a display of why Bryant Allen needs to be on the field more as he took it 101 yards tying the game at 7.

2nd Quarter
    A 36 yard FG by C. Wiggs puts Purdue on top 10-7. Marqueis Gray would score on a 14 yard run after the play breaks down. I motioned the receiver but for some reason he didn't go on his route. 13-10 Gopher lead after my son hit my controller causing me to miss the XP.

2nd Half
    Purdue intercepts the pass after Xzavian Brandon is hit causing the ball to fall into the hands of the defender. Caleb Terbush would score on a 23 yard TD catch to put the Boilermakers up 17-13.

Purdue intercepts the Gopher's option. Minnesota would return the favor by snatching the Boilermaker's option, returning it 61 yards for a 20-17 lead.

Purdue's Bolden scores from 34 yards out for a 24-20 lead.

Bryant Allen would answer back, scoring on a screen pass for a 66 yard TD.
    Minnesota's defense would hold strong on the next possession holding Purdue to a FG inside the redzone. 27-27

Gray throws his second pick of the game. Purdue would take advantage of the turnover, hitting a 49 yard FG by Wiggs. Gray would come back and throw his 3rd interception of the game. Then, just when it looked the Gophers were doomed, Troy Stoudemire, the senior cornerback gets a pick six. 34-30 MN.

Purdue takes the lead on a Jake Rodgers 23 yard TD, 37-34 with 2:33 to go in the game. The Gophers would follow that up with a 14 play 74 yard drive that was capped off by a FG sending the game into OT!

1st OT
    Purdue hits a FG, 40-37.
    Minnesota hits FG, 40-40.

2nd OT
    Duane Bennett comes off the bench to stuff it in at the goal line, 47-40. The Gophers would go on to win, stopping the Boilermakers on a 4th & 2.

Player of the Game:
    Bryant Allen 4-91 1TD, KO Return 5-199 1TD

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh

Notre Dame 24 Pittsburgh 21

This was a classic northeastern style slugfest between the the Mighty Fighting Irish of Notre Dame and the once forgotten Pitt Panthers. Actually, the Irish were far from mighty in this ball game. Interception, after fumble, after interception, after penalty, Notre Dame managed to string together enough drives and play defense just well enough to outlast Pitt.

In the third quarter, after his 3rd turnover of the day, Irish QB Dayne Crist was benched for Nate Montana. The son of Joe woke up the echoes and drove the domers down field for a Deion Walter TD, but was replaced by Crist again after throwing a costly redzone INT.

After the game coach 2Bits was asked about the QB situation. He replied, "right now the position of quarterback is not a team strength at Notre Dame. " When pressed on who will be the starter next week against Auburn the coach said, "we'll just have to see who plays better in practice. I will put whoever gives us the best chance to win on the field against Aubrun." Stay tuned folks.

Next: vs. Auburn (6:00 NBC)

Statistical Leaders

Dayne Crist 10/19 201 yds 0 TD 2 INT 1 FUM
    Nate Montana 9/16 170 yds 1 TD 1 INT
    Cierre Wood 21 car 75 yds 2 TD
    Michael Floyd 7 rec 117 yds
    Deion Walker 6 rec 104 yds 1 TD

Kapron Lewis Moore 7 tack, 6 TFL, 3 sacks

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah i got disconnected and couldnt remember the score but it was 24-14 Illinois. Up next tough game at Minnesota

14. controllerabuser

That'll be fun! You should be ranked next week.