Game Summaries: Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 6

Post in here.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

#14 TCU
    @ Air Force

[​IMG]

A barn burner for the Horned Frogs. Air Force was just extremely fast and nearly perfect. Their QB threw the ball extremely fast and accurately. Hard to stop, but the Horned Frogs were able to control the ball in the second half and come away with a 35-28 victory on a late TD scamper by HB Joseph Turner.

3. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

The winning streak ends at five as EMU loses to Northwestern, 30-27 in double overtime. This was just one of those games. Just one of those games where it felt like the outcome was already decided before I even loaded it up. I played as well as I possibly could. The game plan was executed as well as it could be with this team. We controlled the clock and game by running the football. Our defense sacked Kafka several times, and injured him twice. We led 17-10 and stopped the Wildcats on fourth down - only to go three and out. They got the ball back on the twenty with about a minute to go. We sacked Kafka twice on the drive, and twice they got huge gains on third and/or fourth down situations against zone coverage, and while the QB was getting hit on top of that. Kafka threw the tying TD pass while getting crushed, and as time expired on third and very long. We go to OT 1 and exchange touchdowns. EMU got the ball and only could manage a field goal. I knew then that it was over. And so it was, as they first converted another third and long in the face of pressure, and a run aided by three broken tackles would give them the win. Blevins, our best back is out for the year with a "major concussion". Going conservative just does not work on this game against the CPU, but, it was all I could do with the talent out there on the field. Too many dropped balls, and having to play with my back up QB finally forced my hand. This game should have been ours, but we just weren't able to deal the knockout punch. Being stopped on fourth down after taking over inside their fourty hurt. A score on that drive, and we might just have had enough momentum to get it done. And, looking back, so did playing it safe and just going for the field goal when up 14-10 in the fourth. The bright side is that this was by far the most talented team we will face the rest of the regular season, and a bowl game - as well as a Mac title is still well within reach. This is still a tremendous season for the program, and there is still plenty to look forward to.

Next week, the Eagles jump back into the MAC fray as they travel to Ohio and take on the Bobcats. This is a very big game in the conference, as Ohio will be looking to bounce back from a tough loss to Bowling Green in order to stay in the race. A win for EMU, and they will have cleared one of the biggest obstacles they have remaining on their MAC schedule, along with becoming bowl eligible for the first time in years.

4. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

A horribly played Victory by the One Man Machine that is Buffalo. 56-31 over FCS East Rhinos. My D BLOOOOOWWWWS!
    However I do believe I now have the first guy ever to have a FIF for TD's. Oh yeah F-I-F...FIIIIIIIIIF I plead the FIF. Naaman Roosevelt Ran for a TD, then returned a Kickoff for a TD, then caught one for a TD, then returned a punt for a TD...then with alot of effort and messing around....he threw one in. Hell his Completion percentage is the highest by anyone on Buffalo who has thrown a pass this year.

Key Playa of the game as is every game...

Naaman Roosevelt
    9-15 passing for 47 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT
    8 Rushes for 48 yds and 2 TD
    4 Rec for 110 yds and 1 TD
    2 KR for 116 yds and 1 TD
    3 PR for 86 yds and 1 TD...but the D was horrendous.

I also finally got that dang Trifecta trophy...but I think it shoulda been a bonus for makin it a Fivefecta. lol

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

FunkDocta>

Since Naaman Roosevelt played both QB and safety in high school, not really surprised you used him at QB. Did you finally give up on the rest of the QBs or did they all get hurt?

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

That is amazing. Even without Asher Clark they were tearing you up? That guy is a beast in that offense, and he is injured and AFA still sounds good. In Orange Rush season 1 against Duke, he went off. Like 75% completions and 4 TD's.

Mike

7. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Idaho traveled to San Jose for a conference game :

1st Qtr
    The Vandals control the ball well and limit teh Spartans to a TD and missed xtra point.
    Idaho 14 SJSU 06

2nd Qtr
    The Vandals dominate the 2nd qtr which included a huge saftey and HB Muldrow was caught behind the line and brought down.
    Idaho 23 SJSU 06

3rd Qtr
    The Spartans HB Muldrow found a groove and San Jose out scores Idaho 14-7 in the qtr... creating a game for the home crowd going into the 4th qtr...
    Idaho 30 SJSU 20

4th Qtr
    Idaho scores first to open the qtr and take a 37-20 lead, but the Spartans would mount an incredible comback scoring threee straight TDs and ultimatley taking the lead 41-37 on a pick 6 - 33 yd interception return. the frenzied crowd made the final Idaho possession very difficult. Idaho circled the wagons and found their character, mounting a go ahead drive of their own, scoring with 40 seconds left on a 1 yd TD run, to take the lead. inexplicably, the Vandals trusty kicker missed the xtra point leaving the door open for a wild finish. In the last 40 seconds, SJSU got down the field in a hurry and with 2 seconds on the clock, they missed a 40 yd FG which would have won the game.
    FINAL SCORE : IDAHO 43 SJSU 41

The game faetaured the return of injured Vandal HB Deonte Jackson, who racked up player of the game honors rushing for 200 yds on 24 carries avging 8.3 a carry and scoring 4 TDs. QB nathan Enderle was servicable, throwing for 256 yds, 2 TD, but also 3 INTS. Senior SS Virdell Larkins had another big game with 9 tackles, a sack, and the huge tackle for a saftey in the 2nd qtr.

The Vandals are now 3-3 overall and 1-1 in the conference with todays conference win. Congrats to a gutsy Vandal team performance !

8. controllerabuser

MILMONT, wow...

Great win but i bet you were shittin' your pants after the missed XP! LOL, i know i would have been.

9. controllerabuser

MILMONT, wow...

Great win, but i bet you were shittin' your pants after the missed XP! LOL, i know i would have been.

10. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

very true. I had the game completely in control and I lossened the game plan a little. Before I knew it... I was behind. the missed xtra pt goes to show you I was playing too loose. Almost blew up on me.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    No Stooges here Hall and Pitta connect 4 times for TD's(Max Hall left Dennis Pitta center)

Max Hall continues to sling the ball like burgers at lunch time. Max hall threw for over 300 yards and 5 TD's. He is over 2,000 yards passing this season. He hit his favorite guy TE Dennis Pitta 10 times for 145 yards and 4 TD's as the Cougars upended the rebels. Both teams came into the game at 1-4. Maybe BYU has decided to show up once and for all this football season.

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Utes V CSU

[​IMG]
    This game was a defensive struggle...as shown by the score 21-14

CSU is an upcoming team...watch out for them guys.
    It was totally defensive with a few scores...not much action..im just goint to praise H22 in this one.

with a C team he played me that close...i was really impressed great job

Stats

Passing
    J.wynn 8-10 91 yards 1 TD
    Stucker 14-19 165 yards 2 TDS

Rushing
    Asiata 24-109 2 TDS

Receiving
    Joppru 4-65 1 TD
    Greer 5-67 2 TD

13. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

nah i ran a wildcat...and let him actually throw lol. and yes my QB by commitee sucks...lol. I dunno how many times jorgensen missed open WRs bad. my roomie was watchin as well, and was like whoa dude, he's awful. so i laughed and told him hell, he's better than Maynard at least.

14. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

OHIO vs Akron

Ohio - 24
    Akron - 7

New coach Lee.Flex wanted to come in and show a strong running game, but lackluster O-Line performance made QB Boo Jackson pass more often than coach flex would have wanted him to.

With Akron shutting down the run game, Ohio lead to the air and before you could blink it was 14-0 in the first quarter.

Ohio lead a nice drive but stalled and settled for a FG in the 2nd Quarter. Akron returned an Interception for a TD. 17-7 Half

Only score in the second half was a pass from Jackson to Price in the 3rd Quarter. Ohio's defense was on the field more than wanted this game, but played well and held Akron. End Game

Coach's Corner
    "We didn't play well today. We didn't run the ball well, we didn't have any clock control and our Defense was on the field way to long. We need to learn from this, tougher games are ahead. If we play next week like we played this week, were in for a long day."

QB Jackson 10/16 171 Yards 3TD's 1INT
    RB Harden 24car 83 Yards
    WR Price 2rec 84 Yards 2TD's

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I agree the QBs from Buffalo are awful. I grew up in Buffalo and relocated to Minnesota last year. They really are horrible in this years game.

16. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

NV loses to LTU... 20-10... lost on a punt that my own guy got blocked into... gave LTU a TD...

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

LTech 20 Nevada 10

I would like to thank T2Express when there was an issue with the rules for being a man of integrity.

Great game, should have been much closer.

Actually was much closer than score indicated.

Play of game was a punt by Ltech with about a min left at Nevada 33, Nevada's punt returner let punt go, however, the ball bounced into a nevade blocker, and Ltech recovered for a TD.

The game was too great of a great game to be determined by the AI getting in the way.

18. T2

ya.. its alright... but the rules are as they state so i didnt wanna win bc i didnt follow the rules...

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

T2>If I was wrong and still won, I would have asked for results to be thrown out and game replayed.

The rules question didn't change the outcome of the game. We played each other pretty even throughout the game. That stupid fumble in last min, ruined what I thought was a well played game.

20. T2

oh ya... i know dude.. dont worry about it... that kinda crap happens in the real game... you beat me good luck to you this year...

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

T2>Good luck to you also.

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Asiata punked me though. He was breaking people off left and right. That guy runs tough. I look forward to facing you again next year.

Mike

23. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

I'm about 3 hrs south of Buffalo, down on the PA border....yeah I was pretty hyped Buffalo won the MAC last year, Turner Gill is that dude! But at least last year he had Drew? Willy...I dont mind the rest the team...except the D lol....the D is killin me, so far after 7 games Ive given up the most points in the conference lol. And defense is normally my strong suit....these kids got me workin my ass off....and after watching roosevelt last year...he's a freakin beast.

Minny aint too bad...I grew up in Wisconsin. Minny is much better than Illinois lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.