Game Summaries: Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Aug 14, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Summaries: Week 8

Post in here

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Robo QB Strikes Aqain USC v Oregon st.

Oregon st. 21 USC/HOLYTEAM 25

USC would Score 15 points in the 4th quarter to take the lead and when the game. Oregon st. was dominating before this point 10-21. It was a awesome game for J. Rodgers he was the man of the hour.....

Oregon st.

K. Moevao 6-14 124
    J. Rodgers 29-141

USC's GOD PLAYERS
    A. Corp 18-27 240 almost all of that in the 4th........
    C.Gable 18-85 rushing
    R.johnson 5-92 recieving

By all accounts i won this game........if robo qb didnt complete every pass short and long in the 4th i completely dominated them through the 3rd it was a total let down ....not happy wit this game right now lol (n)

3. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

I hear ya. Especially when that kind of stuff happens in big games like the one you had this past week. It's tough.

4. WisconsinSports414

[​IMG] Arizona and UCLA face off in a classic.

ARIZONA - 36 UCLA - 29

It's been a crazy three weeks for the Wildcats, as once again they come away with a thrilling victory over a conference opponent. Arizona was once again led by the talented sophomore QB, Matt Scott, who was 17 of 27 for 211 yards and two TD tosses. It was a back and forth affair that showed off plenty of offensive skill on both sides, but ultimately, the crowd, and timely play from the defense led to a final score of 36-29.

Turnovers doomed the Bruins on this day, as they moved the ball well on most of their drives. Kevin Prince definitely brought the flashes of brillance -- and inconsistency which often comes from freshmen. He threw for three touchdowns, but was picked off three times. Each was a drive killer, one of which was returned to the house for a TD (and another late in the fourth which sealed the win for Arizona). Adding to the miscues was tailback Milton Knox, whose early fumble also led to points for the opposition.

Coach matcs_finest kept preaching 'one week at a time', but as the victories keep piling up, there has to be some excitement brewing in Tucson right now. "I'm just glad we're officially bowl eligible," the coach joked in tonight's pressure. At 6-1 (3-1) on the season, they move into a second place tie with Oregon State - though the Beavers handed them their only loss of the season - and a game behind Pac Ten juggernaut, USC. The Wildcats will have their chance to win their way to the Rose Bowl (provided OSU slips up again this season). After a bye next week, they finish the season with five conference games, three of which are on the road against tough opponents (Cal, rival ASU, and of course, USC). With home games against Washington State and Oregon remaining, it's likely that they will be favored in only one or two of these contests.

Players of the game - Off: Matt Scott Def: Robert Golden - 3 Ints, one returned for TD.

This was a great game - probably the best one I've ever had against another user. Lots of big plays on both sides. Home crowd was finally loud during the game for a change. Lol. Good luck to UCLA (ryty32) this year, and in the future.

5. controllerabuser

wow, here i though the Pac Ten was far behind the big boys in the Big Ten but guys like you are proving me wrong every week.. gonna be exciting to see how it pans out

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great game, Wisconsin. I think Arizona football is on the rise!

7. WisconsinSports414

It could be a great race to the finish. Got a killer stretch coming up, except for the game against Wash St. We'll see what happens.

8. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I just want to make a bowl. I need three more wins. I've got Washington, Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State and USC. So, the way I look at it, I have three easy wins:

1. Washington
    2. Washington State
    3. USC ;)

All is good....

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Oregon (3-3) @ Washington (2-5)

Oregon Ducks: 34 - Washington Huskies: 7

[​IMG]

Oregon traveled to Washington to take on PAC-10 Rival Washington in a hige battle in the Pacific Northwest.. The picture sums up how majority of the game went, as Oregon scored on huge plays to take the game out of reach early..

The scoring started off early in the 1st as Jermiah Masoli took off on a designed QB sweep for 69 yards untouched to take a quick 7-0 lead.. On the first play of the next drive, Oregon scored again on a 64 yard HB Screen pass to L. Blount.

Unable to move the ball effectively in the 2nd quarter, the Ducks would settle for a 52 yard FG, while still holding the Huskies from the red zone..

Oregon opened up the game again early in the 3rd quarter on a 63 yard pass to TE A. Pflugrad..

In the 4th, Oregon switched gears, and ran the ball well to help run the clock. L. Blount was able to find his way into the end zone on a 2 yd run, give him two scores on the day.. Washington would finally answer back on a 21 yd pass to A. Boyles for the score.. After a failed onside kick by the Huskies, Oregon wold march down the field one last time before settling for a 48 yd FG..

Top Oregon Players:
    Passing-J. Masoli: 17-31, 330 yds, 2 TD, 2 Int
    Rushing-L. Blount: 13 att, 42 yds, 1 TD
    Receiving-L. Blount: 6 rec, 93 yds, 1 TD
    Defense- 4 sacks, 17 TFL

10. controllerabuser

Look at those pretty shoes haha

11. controllerabuser

Minnesota 16 @ Ohio State 33

Another tough loss that needed to be a win. After being down i think 21-0. We made a decent comeback in what looked to have the Buckeyes on the ropes. It was 27-10 and we scored. However, they returned the failed two point conversion for a pick six. Something like that. I don't remember the score. I, took it like a man. Losing to Penn State and Ohio State. We will look to rebound and hopefully get into a decent bowl game.

12. controllerabuser

Minnesota 16 @ Ohio State 33

Another tough loss that needed to be a win. After being down i think 21-0. We made a decent comeback in what looked to have the Buckeyes on the ropes. It was 27-10 and we scored. However, they returned the failed two point conversion for a pick six. Something like that. I don't remember the score. I, took it like a man. Losing to Penn State and Ohio State. We will look to rebound and hopefully get into a decent bowl game.