Game Summaries - Year 1 (Reboot)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Dec 29, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

New dynasty and teams, still the same requirements for game summaries. Make sure these are written if you win a user v. user match.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

USC- 56
    Wisconsin- 7

A very efficient game for the Trojans despite all world QB Barkley knocked out of the game after going 4/4 92yds. QB Scroggins stepped in 10/12 228yds 2 TD. RB McNeal and Tyler combined for 174yds 3 TD. WR Woods let the wideouts with 92yds 1 TD. If it wasn't for a fumble USC would have played a near perfect game offensively. The defense held the Badgers to 250yds while forcing 4 turnovers, 2 went for TD's.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oregon 30
    Ohio State 25

In good news, I didn't have a turnover in this game. In bad news my team was like 3 for 15 on third down conversions. After just one game the offensive coordinator was fired and there will be some slight tweaks to the offense. Most of OSU's scores came because of mental mistakes or cheesy CPU scrambling by Miller. Herron broke a few big runs against my defense too. Luckily I was able to recover onside kick with under 2 minutes left and killed the clock.

(Could be wrong on the exact score, just now it was a 5 point win.)

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Wk 1
    West Virginia - 21
    Texas - 24

Texas withstood a late charge by WV to win this game. UT was leading 24-7 with 4 mins left when WV scored a TD and then recoverd an onside kick and scored another TD to bring the score to 24-21 with 2 mins left. Texas was able to run out the clock and get the victory. HB Whittaker had a big game with 178yrds and 2 tds. QB McCoy started and played most of the game. He played poorly and UT as yet to settle on a QB.

Wk2
    Rice - 7
    Texas - 42

Texas blows out Rice, but loses 2 freshman running backs. HB Malcolm Brown is out 7 weeks with a knee cartilage tear and HB Joe Bergeron is out 2 weeks with a bruised shoulder. HB Bergeron gained 137 yards and 1 td on 13 carries in relief when HB Brown when down with a knee injury before going out of the game with his own injuyr. HB Whittaker picked up where he left off from Wk1 and gained 162 yards and 3 TDs on 15 carries. QBs McCoy and Ash split time and neither were impressive. QB McCoy was 6-14 for 112 yards 0 tds and 0 ints and QB Ash was 5-13 for 84 yards 1 td and 1 int.

5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Stanford 34
    UNC 0

Uhh idk how I shut them out. They had quite a few decent drives that just stalled. Luck was 18-27 with two TD's. Griff Whalen had over 100 yards receiving. Taylor had a touchdown and over 100 on the ground.

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Well pulled out an overtime win. 37-31. All of Nebraska's points came off of big head scratching plays. They also decided to knock out my starting qb and #2 wr for the year. Just one of those games. My true freshman qb stepped in and played very well. Hopefully the injuries will stay in check or I'm screwed

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I'm liking nebraska right now. See ya week 5 :p

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Also the restart is due to power going out. I was in a party with twist at the time. Back up I a better fit for my o :)

Gravityyyy

9. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Did EA ever fix the injury bug?

I didn't think we ever had an injury.

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

USC- 42
    Utah- 35

The Trogans shook off the pesky Utes. QB Barkley came back from last week's injury 14/26 377yds 2TD 1 int. RBs McNeal and Tyler combined for 209yds 2 TD. WR Woods 7 rec 152yds 1 TD. The defense looked very vulnerable giving up 400+yds in the air. An interesting match up with Va Tehc next week...

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

T3S1W1.JPG

Week 1

Clemson 32
    Baylor 28

Baylor Bear fans are really concerned after this game. Everyone knew that the defense would struggle against good offenses this year however no one knew that RG3 would be the turnover machine that he was in this game. His 8-22, 4 INT, and 6 sack performance can primarily be blamed for this loss. After all of the bad though, his 224 yards and 2 TDs shows that this offense will be near unstoppable if they can find some kind of rhythm. Terrence Ganaway's 101 yards on 19 carries with 1 TD supports this thought. If RG3 and the Baylor offense can use the runs of Ganaway to set up play action, the INTs should disappear. The defense will look ahead this season to build off of their 14 TFL and 4 sack performance. They also did well on 3rd downs by only allowing 5-13 conversions on 3rd downs. They backed that by allowing 0-2 and 0-1 on 4th down and 2-point conversions respectively. If the defense could cut down on allowing big plays, the season could turn around quickly and the Bears could find theirselves in a respectable bowl game.

Offensive MVP
    Terrence Ganaway - 19 Car, 101 Yds, TD

Defensive MVP
    Elliot Coffey - 7 Tack (5 Solo), 3 TFL, 1 Sack

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  13. vBIG SLICKv

#12 TCU - 17
    #18 Texas - 38

Texas makes plays in all 3 phases of the game to hand TCU a loss in their first ever BIG XII game. Defensively Texas held TCU to only 95 yards of offense. Allowing 18 yards on the ground and 77 through the air. Offensively Texas scored on TD plays of 61 , 45, and 55 yards. On special teams Texas' Whittaker returned a 4th qtr kickoff 100 yards for the score. QB McCoy got the start and lasted the entire game with a solid perfomance of 9-17 for 184 yards 3 tds and 2 ints. Texas split time on the ground with HB Whittaker and HB Brown for combined 124 yards and 1 td. The Horns' defense was able to hold TCU to only 1-9 on 3rd down conversions.

Good game Twister18 , big plays was the difference in this one.

14. Papa Perry

T3S1W3.JPG

T3S1W3BoxScore.JPG

Even after losing their 2nd game in a new conference, West Virginia proved they belong in the Big XII by putting up an offensive performance that only a Big XII team could. But the bad thing is they also show to have the traditional Big XII problem when it comes to playing against solid running teams: they can't stop them. The Baylor Bears' Jarred Salubi and Terrence Ganaway combined to gash the Mountaineers for 359 yards and 5 TDs. RG3 contributed more this week with 196 yards for 3 TDs but he also threw another 4 INTs. Although RG3's turnover problems continued, the defense stepped up when needed by holding West Virginia to FGs on two of the possessions that started in Baylor territory after the INTs. The Bear's defense also had another impressive day on 3rd downs by only allowing 2-8. Even with that, the defense was not flawless by any means. Allowing 462 yards and 5 TDs through the air is not acceptabl by the defensive minded HC Papa Perry. A lot of the yards came on big plays, one in particular came after sophomore FS Sam Holl completely missed swatting down a 50 yard TD pass to Tavon Austin. Coach Perry was furious and contemplated benching the young player as punishment but by the time the defense had to go on the field again Coach Perry had calmed down and decided to see how Holl would respond. It worked out well for everyone wearing the green and gold: Sam Holl picked off Geno Smith on WVU's second play of the drive and ran it back 35 yards for the Bears first defensive TD of the season but he wasn't finished. In the 4th quarter, WVU was down by 8 and attempting their comeback when Sam Holl picked off Geno Smith again and set up the drive that put the final nail in the coffin of the Mountaineers. In the post game interview, Coach Perry had this to say about Holl's turnaround:

"I have never been real great about expressing my emotions in the best way on the sidelines and I cannot tell you how angry I was when Sam missed that ball on Smith's TD pass. But for that kid to KNOW what he needed to do after that play and then to go out there and do it on his second play backk in the game completely erased that anger I had at the time. And then for him to go out there in the 4th quarter and get the INT that pretty much solidified the win: that got me more excited than I have been in a long time. And ya know as a rule, we don't do an overall "game MVP" or anything like that but if we did, there is no question that Sam Holl would be it. Now don't get me wrong, he missed an assignment and he'll face the consequences on the first day back at practice. But to be honest, he has probably come the closest of anyone that I have coached to getting out of trouble with me in the same game that he got in trouble."

Offensive MVP
    Jarred Salubi 19 Car, 204 Yds, 3 TD

Defensive MVP
    Sam Holl 5 Tack (3 Solo), 2 INT, 1 Def TD

T3S1W3ScoreSummary.JPG

T3S1W3TeamStats.JPG

T3S1W3PlayerStats.JPG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Oklahoma Wins Home Opener
    #2 Sooners Battle to a 31-10 Win Over #17 TCU
    [​IMG]
    This one was truly a tale of two halves and one of who could make the more meaningful turnover. At the end of the first half it was a close one with Oklahoma heading into the locker room up 10-7 after TCU missed a last second field goal in makeable range as it sailed wide left. The second half, two big touchdown plays to SO WR Kenny Stills along side a staunch defensive showing tilted it to OU and made it a 24-7 score entering the 4th quarter. TCU managed to march into field goal range and make it a 14 point game after the successful kick but a 70 yard screen pass on 3rd and 8 from OU's 30-yard line to SO HB Roy Finch would set it up and SO LB Tom Wort's 2nd INT of the season would seal it in favor of the Sooners 31-10.​
    After the game Coach Jman was nothing but complimentary of the TCU squad stating, "That's a solid squad over there, if they hit the FG going into the locker room I really think this one would have gone down to the wire. They are young in all the right spots too, so next year is gonna be a fun one." When asked about his teams performance though he was very critical of his JR QB Landry Jones after his 9/13 213 yard and 3/2 performance, "His happy ass feet in the pocket are going to cost us if we can't learn to just settle the hell down and not force it just because he's got a big arm, he needs to take a breath and relax, or get the hell out of the way." The remarks are particularly poignant and the FR QB Blake Bell, affectionately known as the Belldozer, has been coming on strong in his short yardage and goal line role of running the pistol offense and put up a 1/1 for 1 yard and 1TD day passing with 2 carries for 7 yards as well.​
    Play Of The Game: It's a tie, 38 yard 3rd down fade to SO WR Kenny Stills and a 70 yard 3rd and 8 screen pass to SO HB Roy Finch​
    Player Of The Game:
    SO WR - Kenny Stills - 3 catches for 63 yards and 2 TD​

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  16. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

#10 South Caroina - 35
    Baylor - 31

Heading into the game, I thought this was going to be a turn over fest with our two teams knack for throwing interceptions... That was definately not the case.

South Carolina received the ball to start the game and had a really nice balanced drive that had their head coach feeling pretty good. The drive was capped off by a 4yard TD pass to TE Justice Cunningham (I have a player named Justice???).
    Baylor engineered their own ball control drive, keeping it on the ground and running through my no named defense. The drive stalled inside the 20 and they settled for 3. 7-3 SCar.

On their next drive, South Carolina failed to convert a third down close to midfield and punted to Baylor. Baylor again marched down the field with some key QB scrambles and punched it in from 1yard out to take the lead 10-7 with just under a minute to play. Feeling the need to score some kind of points before halftime, as Baylor would be getting the ball back, SCar threw a very ill advised pass which was picked off and returned 55yards for a backbreaking TD with 37 seconds left and an apparent 17-7 halftime lead. With Baylor receiving the second half kick, things were not looking good for South Carolina.

Enter Kenny Miles, Miles returned the kickoff 104yards for the TD and cut the lead to 3 before halftime. This was in my opinion, the game saving play.

South Carolina got a stop on Baylor's opening second half possession and capped off their drive with an 11yard TD pass to FB Matt Coffee. 21-17 SCar

Baylor bounced right back with another really nice drive and QB Robert Griffin took it infrom 11yards out. 24-21 Baylor

South Carolina answers right back with a 23yard TD pass to DL Moore 28-24 South Carolina 6 minutes to go.

I think we traded some punts here, or it was just one long Baylor drive.

But Baylor punched in a 5yard TD run with 29seconds to take the 31-28 lead. SCarolina with 1 timeout.

South Carolina, looking for DL Moore found him covered so threw a jump ball to stud WR Alshon Jeffery. Both user's went up for the ball, Alshon came down with it inside the 30. In FG range, and with a timeout, we hurry up to the line... Overthrows the slot receiver in the endzone... On the next play, Shaw find Cunningham crossing in the endzone and fits it in coverage. Surprisingly he hangs on, TD. 35-31 SCar

Squib kick goes bad, kits the second line guy and bounces fifteen yards forward. Baylor scoops it up and has it on their own 45. Hailmary to the goaline. In and out of a Baylor WR's hands.

This game actually ranked #1 on the Insta-Classics...

Baylor controlled most of the game. Our defenses could not get the offenses off the field.
    Passing:
    14-19 SCar
    8-11 Baylor

3rd Down Conver:
    8-10 SCar
    9-11 Bayl

Just the one turnover.

17. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Oregon - 20
    LSU - 23

Sorry this is so late, but here it is.

This was a really close game that could have gone either way. Both coaches seem to be trying to figure out new playbooks, but it was an even game. Total yards were close, turnovers were the same, but the difference may have been a punt return by Michael Ford for the game's first points. He took a punt 84 yards, and LSU scored soon after that to go up 14-0. It was 14-3 at the end of the 1st and LSU felt confident.

However, after a LaMichael James TD and a field goal from Oregon, the score was cut to 14-13. LSU hit a 51 yarder at the end of the half, so LSU was up 17-13.

LaMichael James scored again in the 3rd quarter and gave Oregon the lead 20-17, but the "Honey Badger" came through with a pick at the end of the 3rd quarter to give LSU the ball inside the 10-yard line. However, LSU struggled and had to settle for a field goal, so it was 20-20 with 6:56 left.

After Oregon was stopped, they pinned the ball at the 2 yard line. LSU came through with an impressive drive with a few 3rd down conversions and kicked a 22 yard field goal as time expired to seal the win.

Good game bravejaf - that game was just a few small plays from having a different result.

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

ND-28
    Stanford-17

This game was won by ND's Defense. The offense did just enough to keep the chains moving and put points up on the board. The Irish defense allowed 1 yard per carry on the ground and completely shut down the Cardinal run game. I suppose if you had to rely on passing Luck would be the Qb to have. He passed very well for the most part going 13-22 for 278yds and a couple TDs. The biggest play of the game was on Luck's only real mistake of the game. He threw a pass to the flat and didn't see CB Robert Blanton baiting the flat. Blanton picked the ball and went the other way for 6. He also had the other pick Luck threw but it was late when Stanford was in last ditch mode. The Irish were able to also force a fumble on a kickoff that ended up resulting in points. Offensively speaking, True Freshman QB Everett Golson played just like we wanted. He didn't really force things and we were able to get enough of a run game going to control the clock were he didn't have to make a lot of throw. He went 6-9 117 yards and a TD. ND's leading rushing was back-up FB Cameron Roberson. He gained 38 yards on 9 carries. The Irish had to take a little different approach. There is no standout B back on our roster so we tried to distribute the runs as evenly as possible. 4 Irish players had over 30 yards rushing. As a team we rushed for 113 yards and avg. 4 yards a carry. Not fancy but got the job done. We are starting to get into a groove offensively now that we have decided on a starter. But as long as our D can keep playing like it did and shutting down the run game we hope to keep putting W's on the board.

gg Gravityyyy

19. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

#3 Alabama 37
    #2 Oklahoma 31

This was a very close game that was ultimately decided on a 4 and 1 stop to a game winning Sooners drive with about a minute and a half left in the game. Both teams insisted on ramming the ball down eachothers throats as Alabama and Oklahoma ran the ball over 25 teams each and neither quarterback threw the ball more than 20 times.

Alabama threw an interception on the opening drive, and Oklahoma scored a touchdown off of the turnover to go up by 7. Alabama then drove down field and came up short in the redzone, settling for a field goal. On the next possession, Oklahoma threw an interception and Alabama wasted no time in scoring off of a 50 yard play action pass. with the score 10-7, Alabama kept pushing offensively and a 55 yard touchdown run by backup Eddie Lacy put Alabama up 27-7. Oklahoma responded with a long touchdown drive capped off with a 12 yard rush bringing the score to 17-14. Alabama would go on to kick two more field goals before the end of the half, the score going into halftime was 23-14 Alabama.

The 2nd half both teams awakened offensively and Alabama would take a 37-17 lead before Oklahoma would score two consecutive touchdowns and shutting down the Alabama offense in the 4th. However a late stop by the Alabama defense on 4th and short ended a Sooner comeback, great game Jman.

20. vBIG SLICKv

#8 Texas - 31
    #9 Oklahoma - 21

Texas opened the game with an 80 yrd drive that ended with HB Whittaker getting into the endzone from 8 yrds out. The 1st qtr would end with UT up 7-0. OU would strike back to begin the 2nd qtr on a 23 yrd pass from Jones to Finch to tie it up at 7. Texas would counter with a 29 yrd FG to take the lead back at 10-7 with 1:46 left in the half. On OU's next drive Jones through a pass out to the flat that was intercepted by Jeffcoat and returned 14 yrds for the TD to go up 17-7 with 1:36 left in the half. OU needed to grab some momentum back before half and Jones connected on a long pass play to put OU in scoring position. With 12 seconds left in the 2nd qtr Jones passed to Reynolds for a 3yrd TD to go into the locker room with the score UT 17 OU 14. OU received the opening kickoff to start the 3rd qtr, but the UT defense forced the sooners to punt. The OU punter pinned Texas deep on their own 9 yrd line with a great punt. Whittaker took the handoff the left side and with a couple of moves raced down the sideline for 91 yrds and the score to push Texas lead to 24-14. OU would throw a pick on their next possession and Texas would take advantage with Whittaker taking the ball up the middle for 48 yrds and another TD to stretch the lead to 31-14. The 3rd qtr would end UT 31 OU 14. Texas went conservative in the 4th qtr and was happy just running the ball. OU was able to put a drvie together and score a TD when Jones scrambled 3yrds to get back within 10pts at 31-21 with 2:16 left. OU decided to kick the ball deep and hope their defense could get the ball back. However, Texas was able to run the ball and convert a couple of first downs as OU burned their timeouts. Texas was able to kneel out the clock and get The Red River Rivalry victory 31-21.

Player of the game: Texas HB Whittaker 18 carries 193 yards 3tds.

good game Jman

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

#17 Florida Upsets #1 LSU!
    [​IMG]
    After a disheartening loss last week (0-34) on the road against a talented Oregon team, coach Fuzzy had a very difficult task at hand in getting his team prepared to face the #1 team in the country. Despite the offense still playing piss poor, the Gator defense had a field day with Jarret Lee, forcing 6 INTs in the game. Neither team could really move the ball, and LSU's first points of the game came of a safety in the 1st quarter. LSU pinned the Gators deep in their own territory around the 4 yard line with a nice punt. Coach Fuzzy went with a QB screen out of the wildcat package, but the HB was sacked in the endzone before he could make the pass.​
    Florida managed to put up two FGs in the second quarter, giving them a strange 6-2 lead at the half. LSU's defense was impossible to score on in the redzone, so it seemed. LSU put up a FG in the middle of the third, but that would end the day for them in the scoring department. Florida tacked on yet another FG, and scored a TD in the 4th with a short run to the outside by Chris Rainey. Florida would come out on top, 16-5. Brantley finished the day 9/18 78 yds 0 TDs 2 INTs. Rainey had 92 yards on 28 carries, with 1 TD. The FB Trey Burton had 32 yards on 4 carries. GG aarondramp

• Like Like x 1
  22. Brandon S.

Alabama 52
    USC 29

I have to begin this by giving huge props to Hokie Effect for even playing this game, i would not have, because USC's team is bad compared to Bama, they have a great offense but no defense! There were so many missed tackles and ridiculous catches and animations i believe that Hokie just got the EA hackjob in this game. This was just not Hokie's day. Switching to the wrong defender when you run into a group of 2 and neither make the tackle because you switched to the wrong one, missing an interception because you switched to the wrong defender, and overthrowing short touchdown passes killed Hokie, EA just didnt want him to win.

With that being said....

USC began the game with a good drive ended with an interception, one of 3 Barkley miscues in 2 quarters. Trent Richardson ran for 55 yards and a touchdown on Bama's 2nd possession, and USC stormed down the field after a huge pass but came up short in the redzone and settled for a field goal. Alabama would go on to score the next 24 points and took a 31-3 lead into halftime. Bama opened the 2nd half with a 66 yard run which pushed the lead to 38-3, but USC would come back and score immediately off of a 81 yard rush by QB Scroggins, who would throw for 3 TDs in one half. Bama ran down the field, ending their drive with a 1 yard touchdown run which brought the score to 45-11. USC wasted no time and scored off of a 76 yard pass to star wideout Robert Woods, who ended the day with over 300 yards receiving. the score was 45-17 after a failed 2 pt conversion. Bama would run down the clock and score another touchdown with backup HB Eddie Lacy, bringing the score to 52-17 and USC would score 2 more touchdowns before the game ended to bring the final score to 52-29.

I have a lot of respect for you Hokie Effect for taking a team that needs a rebuilt defense in a dynasty where everyone chose a powerhouse school, the same goes for Papa Perry and Baylor!

23. Papa Perry

Let me get you some chap stick...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brandon S.

My #1 WR is out for 10 weeks.

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

(Little late with this one)

Week 6 Florida @ Oregon

The Ducks got revenge on the SEC. Oregon controlled this game from the opening kick and the offense was surprisingly efficient. Darren Thomas played like he was possessed by the spirit of a good quarterback. He completed 11 of his 15 attempts for 157 yards. His 11 completions included 2 TD passes. More importantly, Thomas and his teammates did not commit a turnover in this game. In less of a surprise, LaMichael James had a solid day. He scored an 8-yard rushing TD and finished with 99 yards on the ground. On the defensive side, Oregon took advantage of terrible QB play from Florida's staple of signal callers. Starter Brantley completed just 4 of 13 passes was picked off once. He left with an injury and was replaced by freshman Driskel. The Oregon crowd clearly affected Driskel, as he was picked off 3 times. He completed just 2 of his 9 attempts. The Ducks' defensive line got some pressure on the quarterbacks and were credited with 3 sacks. Florida was playing from behind most of the game so the speedy backs didn't get many carries. They were effective when they did get the ball. Demps and Rainey combined for 94 yards on 13 touches (11 carries, 2 receptions). Rainey did lose a fumble late in the game after his lone reception. Like Brantley, Demps left the game with an injury.

Off. MVP - D. Thomas 11-15 157 2/0 (205.2 QB Rating)

Def. MVP - E. Pleasant 4 tackles (3 solo, 1 assisted) 3 interceptions

Oregon 34
    Florida 0

• Like Like x 1