Game Summaries - Year 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Aug 18, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Everyone should know the drill with summaries by this point. I do expect game summaries for all games and the winner of user/user matches is required to write summary.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 35
    Oklahoma 0

The Buckeyes got some revenge for the controversial bowl loss last season. On offense Ohio State simply wore down Oklahoma's front seven. The Sooners were able to slow down the run game early but fell apart late in the game. Starting HB Berry missed most of the game but his replacements put together a very strong game. Smith got the bulk of the carries (14) and led the team in yards (93), while Hall led the way in touchdowns (3). The biggest surprise was a 59-yard TD by HB #4 Hyde near the end of the game. The bruising back found a hole in the defense and out ran the safeties. The only passing score for OSU came late in the second quarter. With 15 seconds left in the half, OSU elected to go for it on 4th and long from the 38 yard line. The move paid off as Chris Fields beat his defender off the line and he was open for the 38-yard TD pass. That score made it 14-0 but more importantly it gave OSU momentum heading into the locker room. QB Miller didn't light up the stat sheet but he did not throw a pick and he did not get sacked. On defense the Buckeyes made a few big plays and limited Oklahoma's production. CB Howard picked off 2 passes in this game to lead Ohio State. The Sooners also managed to convert just 18% of their 3rd down attempts. For the game Oklahoma had just 8 first downs and 205 yards. They did not get past the OSU 40 yard line on any drive in this game.

Off. Player of the Game - Hall 8 carries 61 yards 3 TD; 2 receptions 13 yards; 4 punt returns 24 yards

Def. Player of the Game - Howard 2 tackles 2 interceptions

Next Game - at Oregon week 3

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#7 LSU 36 - Washington 6

[​IMG]

Easy. Washington was never a factor in this game. We were up 31-3 at the half. Not a whole lot to talk about here. Mettenberger got off to a tough start throwing 3 picks. Ware ran for 126 and a TD. The defense was stellar.

Next week is a bye then week 3 is our home opener vs. Virginia Tech.

4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

#22 Arizona - 38
    UNC - 31

I wish I could say something positive about this game. It was absurd. The first mistake was selecting the Syracuse playbook assuming it was the same as last year's. It's not even close. Losing the starting QB on the first series didn't help either. Things seemed to be going fine and then Garic Wharton turned into Jerry Rice catching everything just over an outstretched defender. He even caught a 76 yard touchdown that was deflected two times and intended for another receiver then fell into his hands. That made it 24-17 and the kick off was then fumbled and returned for a touchdown to make it 31-17. After an interception, Arizona scored another quick TD to make it 38-17 with 4 minutes left. UNC scored two touchdowns to cut the lead to 7, but the onside kick with 35 seconds left was unsuccessful, and Arizona pulled out that win.

This sucked. This is the first CPU game I've lost where I wasn't playing with a one star school. I will have to find a better playbook before my next game.

5. BDSDIGITAL

talk to twist. He knows all about playbooks and stuff.

6. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

#8 Florida plays host to #1 Stanford in the Gators home opener.

It's hard to imagine the Florida offense continuing their ground game dominance over their opponents with the loss of Heisman winner, Jeff Demps and flashy back up, Chris Rainey but that's just what they did in dismantling the top ranked Cardinals.

Florida opened with the ball and gave Mike Gillislee a chance to show the home town crowd they could still run the ball. He did most of the leg work but then turned it over to true freshman, Roderick Tompkins for the 2yard TD. On their first possession of the game, Stanford quarterback, Josh Nunes was sacked and fumbled. Sharrif Floyd scooped up the loose ball and rumbled 40 yards for the TD (video). Roderick Tompkins added another 1yard TD run to close out the first quarter.

The second quarter was nearly as exciting until R. Tompkins reminded The Swamp fans that we can still take it to the house from downtown with a 72yard TD (video) that Demps' himself would have been proud of.

Stanford added their second FG of the game in the third quarter.

Roderick Tompkins added another 2 scores in the fourth to make the Cardinals wish they hadn't opened their promising season in The Swamp.

Offensive Player of the Game:
    Roderick Tompkins 13carries 129yards 5TD (2,1,72,1,7)

Defensive Player of the Game:
    Shariff Floyd: 6tackles 2sacks 1FF 1FR 1TD

7. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#18 Auburn - 38
    Arizona St - 13

Auburn opens on the road with a solid performance against ASU. Auburn has re-comitted to the run game this year with the struggles in the passing game last year. The tigers pounded out 197yrds on the ground with 43 carries. QB Trotter looked more comfortable passing the ball in his 2nd yr as a starter throwing for 198 yrds and 3tds.

Auburn's defense also played outstanding holding ASU to -19 yrds rushing. They grabbed two interceptions and 4 sacks. The big stat was holding ASU to only 18%(2-11) on 3rd down conversions.

Offensive Player of the game:
    Auburn running game: HB Dyer - 21 car 111 yrds 1 td / HB McCalebb - 19 car 100 yrds

Defensive Player of the game:
    DE Carter - 2 sacks

[​IMG]

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 69
    Tulsa- 0

After a typical EA freeze, VT shook off the cobwebs and took care of Tulsa in a dominating fashion. The Hokies had over 700yds of offense and were effective in both the air and the ground game. Thomas was 15/25 320yds 3 TD. David Wilson started his early heisman campaign with 284yds 4 TD on 19 carries. The defense forced a goose egg on the scoreboard, forcing 2 to's, and recording 5 sacks. A good start for a BCS or bust year for the Hokies.

9. Hokie Effect

Virginia Tech- 69
    Stanford- 21

After a slow start and falling behind 14-7 after the 1st quarter, the Hokies scored 52 unanswered points on its way to a 69-21 victory. Wilson rushed for 146yds 1 TD and added a 63yd TD reception. Gregory contributed on the ground with 121yds 1 TD. Thomas shook off an early int to throw for 11/16 261yds 5 TD. James Hopper was the defensive MVP as he is an ironman backup playing both RB and CB, ran a fumble and int back for TD's. The Hokies looked well prepared for their upcoming game against LSU.

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Week 1

Nebraska – 27
    Cincinnati – 7

New year, same old problem. The Huskers continue to have difficulty in the passing game. QB Taylor Martinez threw 4 interceptions within the span of 6 attempts and was benched. His replacement, QB Brion Carnes, lit up the Bearcat defense for 3 TDs. After a strong showing, Coach John Doe announced that Martinez will no longer be the starting QB at Nebraska. Although Nebraska lost a top tandem of DTs in Jared Crick and Baker Steinkuhler, the defense looked pretty good today. Nebraska tallied 9 sacks total and completely shut down the Bearcat running game. Next up, FSU comes to Lincoln in a pivotal early season matchup.

Player Of The Game
    QB Brion Carnes (8/12 – 184 Yards – 3 TDs)

Week 2

Nebraska – 20
    Florida State – 17

The big story around Lincoln was QB Brion Carnes. After playing an excellent game in relief of Taylor Martinez, Carnes was named the starter for week 2. Carnes first career start was one to forget, as he threw 4 interceptions in the first half and was benched for Martinez. Although the Huskers threw 4 interceptions for the second week in a row, they were able to pull off an improbable victory thanks to the defense and the running game. The Huskers couldn’t do much to stop BJ Manuel, but they held Heisman hopeful HB Chris Thompson and the rest of the Seminole ground attack to -13 yards on the ground. For Nebraska, redshirt freshman HB Aaron Green had a huge game in this crucial contest. Green ran for 141 yards, including a 63-yard score to tie the game in the fourth.

Player Of The Game
    HB Aaron Green (15 Attempts – 141 Yards – 1 TD)

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

GG Beazus. It was fun. My run defense was pathetic. You finished with 30 carries as a team. I kinda scared you into throwing the ball so why I continued to fall for draw plays on 3rd down is beyond me. Lol.

The turning point from me was when I was driving in the 4th, and had Willie WIIIIIDE open on the 5 yard line, and Manuel threw the ball into the endzone and overthrew him by 3 yards. After that, I knew it wasnt going to end well.

Also, I have never seen a run defense like that. I mean, I had 13 team carries. Of those 13, 3 were for positive yards, 1 was a tuchdown, and the other 9 were losses. It was unbelievable. Yeah, it was a trip, so I said fuck it Ill just throw the ball and it kinda worked, it would have worked perfectly had Manuel not overthrown that damn receiver.

12. Hokie Effect

VT- 20
    LSU- 18

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. Fast foward to the 4th. LSU has the ball on the VT 30 down 17-15 with a 4th and 1 with 30 seconds left. The Tigers decide to play it safe and kick the go ahead FG instead of attempting to put the game away (probably the right call). LSU squib kicks it, but it doesn't get the distant the Tigers would hope as VT would take over on their 40yd line with under 30sec to play. I prayer was answered as Thomas hit a streaking Wilson who hauls in the pass in tight double coverage on the 12yd line (highlight in dynasty wire). The Hokies would kick the game winning FG for a final score of 20-18. GG BDS.

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Season 1 karma :p
    I gotta check this play out though :)

14. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah I had it 3rd and 5 and was already in fg range. All I wanted was the 5 yards to get the 1st, run the clock, kick the gw and ride off into the sunset. I got stopped 1 yard short and in that situation you gotta take the points. Down 2 in FG range with less than a minute to go....yeah.

That catch was total bs. It was a perfect throw. Had it been a CM behind it might have gotten picked.....but that's how it goes.

gg hokie.

15. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Oh wow... how'd he catch that! Shame on you Mr. Free Safety

16. vBIG SLICKv

#16 Auburn - 42
    #13 Mississippit St - 24

The Auburn Tigers were in control of thisone from the opening kick off. The score is much closer than the game has MSU put up 21pts in trash time in the 4th qtr.
    Auburn leaned heavy on its running game again as they rushed the ball 35 times for 175 yrds and 3 tds. The 2 back attack is working pretty well with HB Dyer carring the ball 20 times for 110 yrds and 3 tds and HB McCalebb getting 12 carries for 71 yrds. The passing game struggled this game as QB trotter went 8/21 for 197 yrds with 3 tds and 3 ints.

The defense had another great performance has the recording 8 sacks on the day and recovered 2 fumbles. The key again to the bend but don't break D was holding the 2nd straight oppenent to 2-11(18%) on 3rd donw conversions.

Offensive Player of the Game: HB Dyer - 20 car 110yrds 3tds
    Deffensive Player of the Game: LE Lemonier - 3 sacks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. vBIG SLICKv

#9 Auburn - 31
    UNC - 10

We had to play 2 half games. We were disconnected with 19 secs left in the 2nd qtr with Auburn having the ball and the lead 17-7. We played the 1st half of the 2nd game were Auburn outscored UNC 14-3 for a final score of 31-10. I played the 2nd half against the CPU and almost lost.

UNC opened the 1st half with a long drive to take an early lead 7-0. Auburn tried to respond by driving the ball back down the field but UNC's defense held strong and the tigers had to settle for a FG to bring it to 7-3. The turning point in the 1st half game when UNC forced Auburn to punt but muffed the catch and Auburn recovered. The Tigers turned this into 7pts to take the lead at 10-7. Auburn was able to grab an int and turn it into another td to push the lead to 17-3. UNC was driving and threatening with time running out in the 2nd qtr but the Auburn D stepped up with a int with only 19 secs left and that is where we were disconnected.

Auburn received the kickoff for the 2nd half and was able to bust a long run up the gut to extend the lead to 24-3. UNC would respond with a td of their own to get within 14pts at 24-10. Auburn would put the ball in the endzone one more time to go up 31-10. UNC would not go away and put together another drive down the field, but was intercepted in the endzone. Auburn was able to run out the clock.

Good Game Aaron. The muffed punt was the turning point.

18. BDSDIGITAL

#7 LSU 25 - PSU 7

We both scored on our opening drives. I got a FG , PSU got a td. But after that this game was controlled by the Tiger defense. We were flying sideline to sideline and really put the screws to the PSU offense. They turned the ball over a few times and that really cost them any chance to make this a game.

Sorry I don't have more, the dynasty wire won't show the story. We move to 2-1 and next week we play auburn.

19. Hokie Effect

Virginia Tech- 59
    Notre Dame-14

The Hokies offense continued to roll despite losing both Wilson and Thomas for the game in the first half. Unable to establish a consistent running game SR career clipboard holding QB Ju Ju Clayton stepped up with a career day 17/26 304yds 3 TD. Cedric Ivey is proven to be the target of choice and has filled the shoes nicely for the previously departed top 4 WRs of a year ago with 7 rec 158yds 2 TD. Other than giving up 2 big pass plays the defense is still playing well. But more importantly the Hokies had some big time recruits in for the game, hoping to receive some commits afterwards.

20. BDSDIGITAL

#6 LSU 13 - #8 Auburn 10

This game was a complete street fight.

[​IMG]

Auburn scored on their opening possession to take an early 7-0 lead. But from there the LSU defense shined. We forced 3 Auburn interceptions and constantly harassed Trotter and Dyer. There were great plays in the secondary that kept Auburn out of the end zone on more than one occasion.

Eric Reid, our first year Safety (ATH conversion) had 6 tackles, but broke up about 3 passes, 1 of them in the end zone late in the game to hold Auburn to a FG instead of a TD. He came out of no where, and made a diving swat...really cool.

Spencer Ware didn't have a great day, but he got 113 yards on 27 carries and really was able to grind on the Auburn defense.

GG Slick. Tough game.

WE move to 3-1 and next week we play @ Kentucky.

21. BDSDIGITAL

btw bravejaf

My game froze while I was exiting last night. The story shows up on dynasty wire from Slicks side, so it's probably ok? Not sure.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah you should be fine. That has occurred during my games and results posted correctly.

23. vBIG SLICKv

GG BDS. it was a street fight, but I feel better about this years game than I do last years.

good luck the rest of the season.

24. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Thats one damn good game gents.

#22 MSU defeats TCU - 28-24

I play the ugliest games in the history of NCAA any time I play this game. If not for my SR HB Baker and his day of 37 carries for 237 yards and 2 TD's I'd have had absolutely no offense. I'm sure Baker is tired from 37 carries but also from carrying our JR QB Maxwell on his back after an astounding 5/17 95 yard 1 TD and 2 INT day. Defensively was terrible as well as my safeties are really struggling right now. Things look terrible for MSU with the user games we have remaining. Looking at a solid 8-4 or even 7-5 campaign in my honest opinion. Shiiiiiiiit!

25. BDSDIGITAL

#4 LSU 35 - #24 Kentucky 20

This game shouldn't even have been close. Had it not been for the greatness which is Morgan Newton. Fuck that dude.

[​IMG]

They converted no less than 4 3rd and 20+'s. I think all three of their TD's actually were on 3rd and a mile. Other than giving up the few bigs plays the defense was stellar again.

On offense we had a good day. Zettenberger threw for 250 and 1 td, only 1 pick. Ware ran for 120 ~ and our FB punched in 2 td's.

Next up a huge trip to the Swamp to face Florida. This will be our 3rd straight road game.