Game Summaries - Year 3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You guys know the drill. Please post summaries for all games. I especially want to see game summaries for user game victories. If people don't start posting summaries for those games, I will start taking away scholarships.

2. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Fla 46 - 14 Utah

Florida opens up their season with a trip to Utah.

Starting QB, Alex Burke had a game of mixed results. He had 429yards through the air and 6TD but also threw 4Ints, two of which were in the endzone. The biggest highlight of the game came late in the first quarter when Burke dropped back to pass and got a throw off to WR Soloman Patton just before getting hammered. Patton running an out route found daylight and raced 88yards for the TD.

Patton himself was also the story of the game, catching a team high 6 balls for 178yards and 3 scores (39,88,5). This was Pattons first start as a Gator and he made it count.

Jordan Reed was Jordan Reed with 4 catches for 119 but did not find the endzone.

Andre Debose also made a splash with his first start as a Gator top 3 WR catching 5 passes for 84yards and two scores (45,9).

On defense, Beau Freeman had an INT in his first career game. Freeman was giving the starting nod due to the hype surrounding him.

Darrin Kitchens was the defensive story. Taking over the role of Jelani Jenkins is no easy task but Kitchens finished the day with 5 tackles, 2 sacks and 3FF's.

The defense as a whole had 8 sacks, 3Fumble Recoveris and 3Ints.

Nice start to a season filled with new faces.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT- 49
    Cal- 0

The Hokies played very well for one half jumping on the Bearcats early and often to a 42-0 halftime lead. The dogs were called off the second half, but the Hokies still managed to keep Cal out of the endzone while adding one more score. QB Thomas threw for 288yds 2 TD but threw 2 pics and the young oline gave up 5 sacks. RB Gregory appears to have filled Wilsons shoes with 112yds 4TD on only 16 carries.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#2 LSU 41 -#18 Baylor 3

They never had a chance. My defense is fucking brutal guys.

We'll see what happens....

Next week we get Clemson. I've never played Aarondramp. Looking forward to it.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

WEEK 1

Michigan State 22 - #8 Notre Dame 0

I got really luck that a) my box didn't freeze again and b) I pulled some defensive stops out of my ass....repeatedly. I will say that for as young as our secondary is the linebackers took up a TON of slack making some very athletic plays again and again. Offensively speaking, LeVeon Bell finally got his shot as the starter after 2-years as Baker's backup and ripped off 169 yards on 22 carries with a long of 59 and 1 TD. Passing looked ugly as expected with 2 INT's but the big aspect the Spartans have been missing in their game until now shined. Redshirt Freshman FB T.J. Wright kept the Irish off balance with 61 yards on 11 carries along side 2 catches for 11 yards.​

Up next, the Alabama Crimson Tide and Papa Perry.​

6. BDSDIGITAL

#2 LSU 31 @ #11 Clemson 17

[​IMG]

Clemson had a long day in this one. aarondramp did everything he could, but the talent difference was too much to overcome. The Tiger offense had a great day. Mettenberger went 13-19 for 180 yards and 3 td's 0 ints. Heisman hopeful Spencer Ware had another spectacular game running 26 times for 212 yards and 1 td. He also caught 3 balls for 40 yards and another td. Mettenberger completed passes to 6 different receivers. On defense we played very well. We gave up a few big plays on option runs but play to play we played very well.

We were up 17-0 at the half and it really looked like we were going to run away with it, but to Clemson's credit they really hung tough. They outscored us 10-0 in the 3rd quarter to bring the score to 17-10, but as we got into the 4th quarter Spencer Ware started gashing the Clemson defense. We scored a few 4th quarter td's to ice the game.

Way to hang in the aarondramp. Good luck the rest of the season. BTW, is it Aaron D Ramp, or Aaron Dramp? Just curious.

We move to 2-0 and with OSU's loss this week we should move to #1 and we travel to Eugene next week to face the Oregon Ducks.

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

BDSDIGITAL

I was fortunate to be that close. I really only had 3 plays on offense, and all of my points came from those plays. I have some good skill players but no offensive line to create space. I am going to have to come up with some ways to get them some space. Good game, though. You outplayed me and deserved the win.

8. BDSDIGITAL

Is it Aaron d ramp or Aaron dramp tho?

9. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Forgot. Aaron D Ramp. Ramp is part of my last name.

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Hey it couldve been Aaron Dr. Amp...

His DJ name. :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. BDSDIGITAL

nice

12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Oh and btw... Ima kill Spencer Ware :p

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice win, now get back to work on the season 3 Power Rankings :p

14. BDSDIGITAL

in a few weeks boss

15. BDSDIGITAL

good luck. He's been a mack truck so far.

16. Hokie Effect

VT- 27
    tOSU- 10

This game was close up to halftime as both teams relied on big plays to an even 10-10 halftime score. The Hokies were finally able to move the ball the second half an took there opening drive 80+yds capped by a 20yd TD pass from QB Thomas to TE Martin. A 58yd pic 6 early in the 4th quarter sealed the win and ended any thoughts of a Buckeye comeback as they were held scorless the second half. GG Brave.

17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

UNC 38 BYU 21
    Pretty standard CPU game. Had no trouble running the ball on them.
    Um MORMON PRIDE!

18. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

UNC 26 Georgia 20
    Georgia came out this game looking to run the ball down UNC's throat, however the Tar heel defense had different plans.
    On the third drive of the game UNC safety Tre Boston picks off Aaron Murray and returns it for a TD putting the score at 7-3 in favor of UNC.

As the game wore on it became evident that Georgia wasnt going to go down easy. Early in the third quarter Georgia broke a run to take a 10 point lead. On the next drive UNC QB Renner hit his TE Fitzgerald for a touchdown putting the Tar heels within striking distance.

Later in the game tar heel running back Giovanni Bernard would break a run to give UNC the lead 24-20. The UNC defense would hold strong and with 3 min left were driving down the field trying to get another score. Around the 1:40 mark Renner handed the ball off to Bernard. After breaking a tackle it looked like he was about to score however a Georgia defender punched the ball out from behind and the bulldogs took over at the 1.

The second play of Georgia's ensuing drive was called back on a holding penalty resulting in a safety and promptly ending any hope of a comeback drive for the Bulldogs.
    GG Twist

19. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

#6 OSU vs Maryland 24-27
    Bravejaf vs Gngsta 4 Lyphe

Ohio State University traveled to College Park expecting an easy win over an unranked opponent, but a stingy pass defense allowed the Terps to upset the Buckeyes in heartbreaking fashion. The Terrapins Kicker Michael Tarp delivered a 40 yard field goal as time expired to propel the Terrapins to a 2-0 record heading into Week 4. Drew Basil, place kicker for the Buckeyes, missed a 59 yard field goal wide to the right with little under a minute left in the game, and Maryland QB Danny O'Brien had just enough time to hook up with Sophomore WR Xavier Cowan to put the Terps within kicking distance.

The Terps pass defense is the reason they were able to upset the heavily favored Buckeyes,

as they intercepted Braxton Miller 6 times and forced a fumble. Unfortunetly we received the transfer failed message and i had to replay vs the CPU but our user game was a good, close defensive game.

20. Hokie Effect

Wow ACC representing!!! Got rid of our dead weight (Perry) and we are looking good in OOC user games 3-1, I believe....

• Like Like x 3
  21. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Yeah represent! Haha, who had the 1 loss? CPU?

22. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Florida 59 - 33 Ole Miss

Track meet at the Swamp...

Im just going to say this... their HB made the single best CPU play I've seen so far. First play of the game too... Check out the Vid on Dyansty.

Alex Burke won the battle vs Ole Miss HB Jeff Scott but ima give Scott player of the game. He was juiced up for this one.
    22carries 211yards, TD runs of 71 and 80 and a TD catch for 80yards (above mentioned play).

Mack Brown rushed for 126yards on 13 carries. Nice game prepping for the user game season.

23. BDSDIGITAL

#1 LSU 18 - #18 Oregon 16

Another ridiculous game courtesy of EA. We threw 5, count em' 5 1st half int's and lost a fumble for a total of 6 1st half turnovers. Every pass I threw in the first half was getting tipped or picked off. It was kind of funny actually. These games are soooooo pre determined. I'm convinced of it.

[​IMG]

What we lacked in passing offense, we made up for in running and defense. Despite the insane amount of turnovers our defense played really, really well. Spencer Ware (this beast of a man right here) was nearly unstoppable. He ran 33 times for 216 yards and 2 td's. I think he got the ball all but 3-4 plays in the 2nd half. We were down 1 with like 5 minutes to go and had the ball at our own 20. We ran the ball about 12 straight plays and killed the clock, set up the game winning field goal with 1 second left and ran straight onto the team bus!

#1 LSU improves to 3-0 and travels to Auburn next week to open SEC play.

24. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

WEEK 3

MICHIGAN STATE (1-1) 24 - CLEMSON (1-1) 17

Crazy, chaos, pandemonium, heartbreak...all of these could describe the week 3 overtime thriller between Jman's Spartans and Aaron's Tigers. After a 7-3 lead by Clemson going into the half ballooned into a 17-3 lead with just under 5:00 remaining all hope looked lost for the Spartans of Michigan State. Having had their run game stifled by the Clemson defense all day long as Bell managed only 62 yards on 19 carries, the Spartans finally picked up the pace and went to the air in the fourth managing to pick their way down field and survive a fourth down conversion form their 25 as well. After scoring on an end around with 4:00 left Michigan state elected to kick it deep and use their three timeouts, after a long 3rd down conversion by the Tigers it looked to be over as Michigan State had only one timeout left, instead a defensive gameplan finally paid off for MSU.

"It's no secret, we came in with one defensive goal, and that was to shut down Tajh Boyd and the option game, we knew we'd get hit deep a couple times (two bombs of 84 and 70 to Hopkins) and give up some yards to the other three backs but he was not going to beat us, late in the fourth it paid off" stated Coach Jman after the game. Boyd was held to 5/11 for 166 and 1/1 int he air and 9 carries for only 3 yards on the ground despite a late 4th quarter scramble for 20. Boyd was hit HARD and repeatedly by the Spartan defense all day long even being injured for a short while, it was obvious he was the option key all day, late in the fourth though, the plan changed to try and string Boyd out on option...and it worked as a very ill advised pitch was deflected by MSU and recovered. The Spartans then marched half the field and punched it in for 7 with 1:01 left and saving their remaining timeout. From there Clemson tried to get in FG range but were held on a 3rd down and after a timeout forced to punt, MSU took two failed hail mary attempts at the end.

In overtime MSU got the ball first and after a stuffed run went to the playaction to Senior TE Dion Sims for the score. "That was a huge gamble on me," said Coach Jman, "I though we had them baited into expecting the run and could hit the TE on a seam, luckily we got the protection and Dion made the catch of his career." After the EP the MSU defense came out very aggressive stuffing two runs and finally forcing an interception to seal the deal.

POTG:

MSU: SR QB Andrew Maxwell - 14/24 for 210 yards and 1 TD with 2 INT

Clemson: WR DeAndre Hopkins - 4 catches for 161 yards with 1 TD and a long of 84

• Like Like x 1
  25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jman

Nice writeup and way to represent the Big 10. I'm not holding the league back this year.

• Like Like x 1