Game Summaries - Year 6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bravejaf, Dec 9, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You know the drill. Please make sure to post game summaries for all user game wins.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT- 49
    WVU- 14

The Hokies played well despite getting hit with the turnover bug. I might need to hire a new QB coach as a team we threw 6 ints. QB Dunlop who broke all VT records last season and was a preseason AA and heisman candidate was benched in favor of Penn State transfer Nichols after throwing 3 early picks. Nichols had a stellar debut with 466yds 6td but also contributed to the int flurry with 3. RB Wilson and Broussard split carries for 156yds 1 td. DE Dennis continured hi defensive tear with 2 sacks. QB contraversy in Blacksburg!!

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Glad to see Nichols is getting some playing time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 1: Ohio State Buckeyes at Clemson Tigers

(Disclaimer: Aaron and I played most of the way through the first half and my game froze. My team was up 7-6 at the time. We decided to start with a brand new game)

Ohio State started very fast and put Clemson in a big hole early. On offense the spread rushing attack was able to find space against the Clemson defense. The Buckeyes speed kept Clemson from loading the box, which opened holes for O'Connor. On the first offensive drive OSU put together a long drive and scored a touchdown. QB McCullough scored the TD on a read option keeper near the goal line. Clemson QB Jones threw a pick on the next drive and gave OSU very good field position. The offense capitalized on the field position when O'Connor punched in a short TD. The struggled continued for Jones and he was picked off again. Strong safety Gordon made the pick and returned it for a TD. The score at the end of the first quarter was 21-0. The Tigers added a score on a short pass from Jones but OSU answered back with a couple scores. After OSU kicked a field goal, Jones was again picked off. This interception was followed by a long QB keeper from McCullough. The fleet footed QB scored on a speed option keeper from 41-yards. Both offenses were quiet in the second half. OSU kicked a couple field goals but had some miscues in the second half. Day missed his fourth field goal attempt wide left. O'Connor also struggled with fumbles, losing two in the game. The Buckeyes' defense did not struggle and they finished with five takeaways in this game. Newly appointed #1 CB Casey picked off two of the four interceptions from Jones. Another new starter, defensive end Smith, led the Buckeyes with two sacks.

Offensive Player of the Game - McCullough 5 of 6 41 yards passing 0 TD/0 INT; 3 carries 42 yards 2 rushing TD

Defensive Player of the Game - Gordon 6 tackles (3 solo, 3 assisted) 1 interception 1 fumble recovery 1 defensive TD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#6 LSU 27 - Oklahoma 20 (OT)

What a crazy fucking game.

[​IMG]

Oklahoma lead pretty much through out. OU got out to a 10-0 lead and I could not generate any offense. My starting QB Lee Roland (whom has been demoted twice at LSU) got benched again for Brad Green in the 2nd quarter. Green promptly went 0-3 and 2 picks. He'll never see the field again.

I put Roland back in just before the half and he hit Mendoza for a 72 yard td with 17 seconds left in the half to cut the lead to 10-7.

Oklahoma added a TD in the 3rd qtr to take a 17-7 lead into the 4th. We couldn't do anything productive on offense. We were sacked a ton and I was rushed on almost every throw unless I rolled out. Which sucks because my O line is very very good. We were able to put a drive together to start the 4th quarter that resulted in a FG to take the lead back down to 1 score 17-10. We were able to get a stop on the next OU drive after another Tim Deangelis INT (his 2nd of the game) and got the ball down into FG range. We were faced with a 4th and 1 down 7 with 2 minutes to go. 9/10 times I'm going for the TD here. Instead, this game I kicked the FG to make it 17-13. That proved to be the right decision. On OU's next drive Tim Deangelis struck again intercepting another pass (his 3rd of the game) to get us the ball back around mid field. Lee Roland hit 2 huge passes with Sooner D linemen draped all over him to get us in range, and then hit Matt Vaughn for a 17 yd td pass to take the 20-17 lead with 1 minute left!

OU however wasn't done yet. They got it back into fg range and kicked the game tying 47 yd fg with 27 seconds left to tie the gaem 20 all. We would take that score into OT.

In overtime we had the ball first and Derrick Mason, who had a really sub par game at RB, broke two big runs, the last being a td run to take the 27 -20 lead. On OU's first play of their offensive series we dialed up a CB blitz and Tim Deangelis just unloaded on the Sooner QB, he coughed the rock up and we recovered to take the game 27-20.

whhhhheeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Roland finished 12-27 for 216 2tds and 0 turnovers.

Mason carried 25 - 98 yds and 1 td

But the man tonight was Tim Deangelis. He finished with 3 int's, 1 sack, 1 ff, and really won the game for us. He created 3 turnovers in the 4th qtr and ot that allowed us to finish this game.

We move to 1-0 and play USC next week.

I don't know if our offense is going to struggle like this in SEC play or not. It's tough to get a read because OU was crazy on defense. We'll see what happens next week.

Regardless of the offense, the defense is a National Championship caliber unit.....They are alot like my defense the year I won it. They are fast, hit big, break up passes and cause turnovers....it should be a very fun year in Baton Rouge.

6. BDSDIGITAL

#6 LSU 31 - #12 USC 17

We put USC in a sleeper hold in the 1st quarter, and although they were able to keep it close, they never really threatened. I never felt this game was in jeopardy.

[​IMG]

Derrick Mason went off. In the first qtr he broke a 80 yard td run but it was called back for holding....the very next snap he hit for a 90 yard td run. All told he ran 22 times for 194 and 1 td. Bobby Benjamin also ran for 26 yards and 1 td. He only got four carries though. We just didn't run very many plays in this game so I couldn't spread the wealth the way I want to.

Roland went 8-13 149 2 td 1 int and had some really nice throws. All told this was a very solid performance. It doesn't show in the score, but we played a great game.

Next week is a bye then a trip to Blacksburg week 4.

7. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#5 Nebraska - 24
    #3 Florida St - 14

Nebraska was able to go into Tallahassee and come out with the win. The Cornhuskers overcam a poor performance from its receiving corp as they dropped alot of balls. However, the black shirts on defense was able to grab 4 ints and keep the FSU running game under control. FSU only gained 85 yrds on the ground and 70 of those game on one play. Nebraska was able to grind it out on offense converting 5-9 3rd downs to keep the chains moving and keep the ball for 18:55 minutes.

NEB struck first in the game in the 1st qtr on a 46 yrd pass to go up 7-0. FSU would respond with a 12 yrd pass to tie it up -7-7 at the end of 1 qtr.
    The 2nd qtr saw both teams grab a couple of ints to stop offensive drives. NEB was able to put a drive together and HB Montgomery punched it in from 4yrds out to take the lead 14-7 with 2:08 left in the half. On FSUs next possession NEB would grab one if its ints. The Cornhuskers were able to put 7 more pts on the board before halftime to go into the locker room up 21-7 and receiving the 2nd half kick.
    The 3rd qtr saw both defense control the field as neither team could score.
    The 4th qtr would open witht he score still NEB 21 and FSU 7. NEB tried to lean hard on its running game to keep the chains moving and the clock running, but FSU stepped up and forced a punt. FSU ran a toss play out to the right and it looked as though the cornhuskers had him bottled up but HB Jones was able to spin his way out of several tackles and sprint 70 yrds for the TD to close within 7pts at 21-14. NEB could feel that the momentum was swinging in a hurry to FSUs side and they needed to do somethint. Coach Slick stayed the course and moved the ball down the field to get in FG range. K Covington was able to put a 40 yarder through with 1:16 left in the game to move the lead to 10pts at 24-14. FSU wasn't done however. They moved the ball quickly down the field until NEB was able to grab its 4th pick of the day. This allowed NEB to kneel out the clock and get out of town with the win.

good game Gngsta4Lyphe I was really worried that win you broke that big TD you were going to make the comeback.

It does not get any easier for Nebraska as they face #8 Virginia Tech next week.

• Like Like x 2
  8. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#6 Virginia Tech - 17
    #3 Nebraska - 20

NEBRASKA KICKS GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL

Nebraska knocks off two ACC top 10 teams 2 weeks in a row. NEB and VT both played a very conservative and turn-over free game. Both defenses played well and both offenses took care of the football. VT controlled the ground with 140 yards to NEB's 51 yards, but NEB's was able to move the ball through the air with 261 yards to VT 176 yards. The key to this game was 3rd down conversions. VT was 1-6(16%) and NEB was 7-10(70%).

The 1st qtr saw VT put up the only points on a 25 yard FG. During the 2nd qtr NEB responded by putting up 10 unanswered pts with a 20 yrd TD pass and a 48 yrd FG to take the lead into halftime up 10-3. VT would come out in the 3rd qtr and again score the only points with a 8 yrd pass to tie the game up at 10-10. The game would remain tied at 10 all until 1:46 left in the 4th win NEB was able to punch it in from 1yrd out to go up 17-10 and looked as though it was the nail in the coffin. However, VT on its first play from scrimmage completed an 80yrd wide receiver screen for a TD to tie it up again at 17-17 with 1:35 left. NEB was able to move the ball down to the 29 yrd line and call timeout with only 0:02 seconds remaining. Coach Hokie would call a timeout of his own to ice FG Covington and it almost worked, but K Covington was able to sneak it inside the left upright for the 46yrd win.

Great Game Hokie Effect

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hokie Effect

GG Slick, I couldn't get you off the field 3rd conv and TOP was the difference. I thought about falling at the 1yd line on that 80yd TD pass, but I thought that would have been borderline cheddar.....

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You did much better with that back-to-back stretch than my team in year 5. Congrats on the back-to-back big wins.

11. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I've got to learn to play with this team, they are very young and inexperienced on offense, but i started to play much better in the 2nd half. Last year i was able to beat teams on the ground or through the air, my passing game is going to be much weaker this year but you definitely outplayed me in this one, great game.

12. BDSDIGITAL

Good job slick!

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You could learn to play with your team if you would ACTUALLY play your damn CPU games and quit supersimming. If you don't wanna play CPU games then don't. Your game can be simmed as we advance. If you don't like it you can leave and go join another Madden league.

14. Brandon S.

I have been playing my CPU games this season, not supersimming. Stopped that when u mentioned the players getting injured but why the hell are you so hostile?! I did nothing to you.

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Your stats and CPU opponents stats say completely different. And I never mentioned anything about anyone being injured and that's not even the problem. The problem is that ALL players put up stupid ass stats when you super-sim. And I'm not hostile yet.

16. Brandon S.

Sorry for the confusion, someone had mentioned it'd be a bad idea to supersim because of injuries. And no i struggled vs the CPU in my last game , i couldnt stop the pass and they kept scoring.

17. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah lets all calm down. If anyone has problems they should be sent to me via PM and I will decide how to handle the issue. This stuff should not be posted in the public forums, especially in game summaries where it does not even apply.

19. Hokie Effect

*VT- 23
    LSU- 0

The Hokies defense deserve the game ball this week as they held the Tigers to just 59yds of offense while forcing 2 turnovers. VT was playing with a short field for most of the game but mad plays offensively when they needed to. QB Dunlop finished with 192yds 1TD. WR Ward made the early big play with a 53yd TD rec and finished with 72yds. RB Brousarrd carried the load with 58yds on 23 carries, but kept the ball away from the Tigers as the Hokies doubled their TOP. GG BDS.

*This game was a restart where LSU was up 14-7 with momentom. Sucks how the restarts take the air out of you.

20. Hokie Effect

VT- 59
    UCF- 42

ALmost got the EA fuk job. UCF was unstoppable for most of the game, but the Hokies prevail. Dunlop threw for 292yds 1 TD and added 104yds 2 TD on the ground. Broussard rushed for 166yds 3 TD. Obviuosly no defensive standouts.

21. Brandon S.

FSU - 34
    Clem - 17

I believe the final score would have looked like this, but of all the times we Disconnected i cant remember. Aaron played a great game through 3 quarters, but we DC'd with about 10 seconds left in the 3rd and tried about 3 times to get through 1 quarter.

FSU QB Holloway threw what seemed like 6 or 7 INTs but Clemson was unable to capitalize on these turnovers, scoring 0 offensive TDs. Two of the million INTs were returned for touchdowns, and the FSU defense shut down Clemson for the majority of the game. FSU had about a little more than 100 yards rushing in a very hard fought defensive contest, despite how the score looks. A few key INTs thrown by Clemson decided this game, as there were over 10 turnovers for both teams combined. Great Game aarondramp

22. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

UGA: 37
    UNC: 27

This game was a must win for the Bulldogs as they had already went 0-2 in user games. The Tar Heels, led by Coach Gravityyy were definitely up for the challenge. The 1st period was a feeling out time, with the only scoring being a Dawg FG putting them up 3-0. The Heels tied the game up with a short FG of their own but quickly took the lead when an ill advised pass from QB Kendal Jacob was picked and returned for the score by QB Greg Owens. Meanwhile on that same play, starting RB John Davis was KOed from the game with a concussion, allowing True :4stars:HB Keenan Williams to handle the load. The Bulldogs marched down the field and tied the game at 10 on a 6 yard run by K. Williams.

The second half opened with the Heels adding a 50 yard FG and a 4 yard rush by WR McLaurin to take a 20-10 lead. Then the fireworks for the Bulldogs began!!

The ensuing KO:

The KO made the score 20-17 UNC. After a big stand bu the UGA defense and a punt, Williams made a big run:

The defense again made a big stand and forced the Heels to punt, with much deliberation from their own 29 yard line and the bombshell hit:

This was a 21 point exploasion that made the game 31-20 and sealed the win for the Bulldogs.

GG Gravityyy. I got totally lucky on that PR and some of the picks.

OPOG: HB Keenan Williams: 19 carries for 148 and 2 TDs
    DPOG: FS Gene Watson: 3 Tackles, 1 INT.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 7 Michigan State at Ohio State

The Buckeyes and Spartans came into this game off big victories. The Spartans were fresh off beating Nebraska in week 6 while OSU had a solid win against Georgia in week 4. This match was close for most of the game. OSU struck first in the game. After stopping Michigan State, Ohio State marched down the field for a touchdown. This was a long drive that mixed up pass and run plays. The touchdown was scored by HB O'Conner from 2 yards. After this score, the scoreboard operator had time to catch a nap. Aside from an Ohio State missed field goal, neither team came close to scoring till midway through the second quarter. Michigan State put together a nice drive and the Spartans were able to tie the game. The touchdown came from 4 yards out, scored by reserve HB Harris. The score remained tied at 7 going into halftime.

Ohio State deferred possession after winning the kickoff, so they received the ball to start the second half. The Buckeyes were able to score on that opening drive. This time the TD came through the air. QB McCullough found TE Ingram in the middle of the field. Ingram caught the pass and scored the TD, a 25 yard TD reception. Later in the 3rd quarter, the OSU passing game struck again. McCullough hit WR #2 Murray on a screen pass and no defender touched Murray. He finished with a 73 yard TD. The Buckeyes added a bit more padding to the lead with a field goal, but Michigan State wasn't ready to quit. The Spartans scored a TD with just over 2 minutes left in the game, but they could not recover the onside kick. OSU added a field goal near the end of the game and walked off with a hard fought victory.

Next up for Ohio State is a bye week, followed by some Big 10 games. The big game will be the Penn State game towards the end of the season. The Wisconsin game is also circled on the calender, after the scare last season.

Offensive Player of the Game - McCullough 9-17 206 yards 2 TD/0 INT; 3 carries 13 yards

Defensive Player of the Game - Gordon 3 tackles 1 sack 1 interception

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. BDSDIGITAL

LSU 31 - Florida 27

[​IMG]

What a fun game....I give S.A. alot of credit. He played me tough even when it looked like he was fucked.

This game got off to a crazy start. On our first drive we went up 3-0 but Florida answered right back with a kick return for a td...however I returned the very next kick for a td myself to keep a 10-7 lead. Florida would add a fg in the 2nd quarter to tie it at 10. But on 3rd and 18 from the 24~ yard line Derrick Mason, who went beast mode more than once in this game pulled off this td run.

So we went into the half up 17-10 and we were getting the ball back at the half. We scored another td mid 3rd quarter on another long td run by Derrick Mason to take a 24-10 lead and it really looked like it was about over. I should have known better.

Florida hung tough with their back up QB Lance Simmons. He lead Florida to two straight td drives to tie the game mid 4th qtr. TE John Mullins caught his second td pass for Florida with 3:33 left to give them the 27-24 lead.

We got the ball back with a little under 2 minutes to go down 3. We were able to convert a 4th and short to extend the drive then got it down into the outskirts of FG range. It was 3rd and long with 11 seconds left. I was about to run a draw play to keep myself into fg range, kick the fg and go into overtime, but as I cycled through the plays I saw one that I really liked and we ran it. I was fully prepared to see if anyone was open and if not just scramble a bit, slide, call timeout kick the fg and move on...however my beastly TE Washington got single coverage with a safety and this happened.

So we took the 31-27 lead! After the squib kick Florida tried a few hail maries to no avail and we left Gainesville with the win. What a wild fucking game.

Each QB threw 3 picks. But the star tonight was true sophmore Derrick Mason. He ran 23 for 101 but had 2 long td's. The one to end the first half was awesome...he wasn't going down. This kid is going to be a monster...Just wait.

We move to 5-1 and play Miss. St next week.

25. BDSDIGITAL

#7 LSU 34 - #16 Miss St 24

[​IMG]

Derrick Mason is really starting to come on strong. There were points in this game that he was un stoppable. By the end of the game he had run 24 times for 233 and 2 long and awesome td's. Breaking tackles and running right through the Bulldog defense.

no one wanted this dude but me. I think actually I was the only one that offered him a scholarship, cpu included.

What gets lost though is that Miss St really played very very well. Their QB was 21-30 248 3 td 0 picks and their pass defense forced 3 turnovers and it still wasn't enough.