Game Summaries - Year 6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bulldogs Shut Out Razorbacks to Open Season
    Defeat Arkansas 27-0

Georgia scored 17 first half points off three Arkansas interceptions en route to a 24-0 halftime lead. The Bulldogs opened the scoring on CB Aaron Williams' 92 yard INT return and didn't look back. Though Georgia was unable to do much offensively in the second half, the defense remained strong and kept the Arkansas offense at bay.

Notable Stats
    QB Chris Smith - 12/19, 110 yards, TD, INT
    HB Andrew McCall - 17 car, 120 yards, 24 long
    CB Aaron Williams - INT, TD
    DE Brett Fenner - 2 tack (2 solo), 2 TFL, sack, FF, FR
    MLB Rory Mitchell - 5 tack (3 solo), 3 TFL, FF

• Like Like x 1
  2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

USC- 38
    Bama- 13

The first half was a chess match as neither team could establish much on offense, but 3 turnovers by Bama in the second half put the Trojans in a position to put the Crimson Tide away including a 52yd pic 6 by DE Lewis. A RB Gilmore screen pass 79yd for a TD, RB King punched in a 11yd TD run, and WR Britt took a jet sweep to cap a 28-3 second half.

QB Blankenship 118yds 2 TD
    RB King 82yds TD
    DT Bailey 2 sacks FF

GG Perry, so I guess I won the BCS title last year.....

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oregon 38
    Texas 0

If this game is an idicator, Oregon will be a difficult team to beat this season. The offense is clicking in the new spread playbook and the defense continues to improve thanks to recruiting.

Oregon took control of the match against Texas early and never let the Longhorns back in the game. QB Rodney Davis sat behind Trey Young for three seasons but is making the most of his season at starter. He passed for three touchdowns in this game and completed 12 of 13 attempts. The receiving core was led by a pair of sophomore receivers and a redshirt-sophomore tight end. Tight end Harrell finished with a team high 92 yards, including a 77-yard reception on the opening drive. Sophomore Jones caught two touchdowns and classmate McDaniel was second on the team with 70 yards receiving. The running game also got moving this week. Senior Ryan Jackson rushed for 129 yards and 2 touchdowns. The first TD was an 83 yard score straight up the middle.

On defense, Texas QB Humphries may have nightmares from this game. He was picked off 4 times and completed just 11 or 28 attempts. Oregon was able to get pressure with three to five pass rushers, so there was little room down field. The running game also did little to help. Langford and Moss combined for just 54 yards on 14 attempts.

Things do not get easier for Oregon, as the Ducks will be tested with a battle to Athens. Georgia has a new coach and is looking to rebound from some mediocre seasons.

vBIG SLICKv - good game man, everything went my way in that one. At times it seemed like my defense had extra guys on the field to make plays on the passes. This was one of those games where the CPU wanted my team to win.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Good game Brave. You just outplayed me in all phases of the game. I was never in this one.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

USC- 49
    TCU- 3

Defense or lack there of was the difference. USC's D was flying all over the field making plays and TCU's D couldn't make a tackle to save its life as the Trojan RB's broke tackle after tackle. USC's offense wasn't flashy but there running game was too much to handle.

QB Blankenship 99yd 1 TD
    RB King 101yd 2 TD
    RB Garrison 81yd 2 TD
    RB Gilmore 65yd 1 TD
    DT Bailey 2 sacks

GG Twist I know you had to be stewing over this one. I still can't get over all the broken tackles.....

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 3

Oregon 28
    Georgia 6

This game was closer than the score may indicate. Georgia had a shot at tying this game as late as the the third quarter but Oregon was able to pull away in the end. Oregon took a 14-0 lead into halftime thanks to a TD pass from Davis and a TD run by Jackson. Georgia opened up with the ball after halftime and their offense finally found a rhythm. They were able to get inside the 10-yard line but were forced to settle for a field goal. On the next drive Oregon's QB Davis through a terrible pass. It was easily picked off by UGA and almost returned for a score. Georgia started the drive inside the 10-yard line but again had to settle for a very short field goal. The rest of the third quarter was quiet, but Georgia was able to put the game away in the fourth quarter. The Ducks punched in a couple more rushing scores to essentially seal the victory.

Off. Player of the Game - E. McDaniel - 4 catches for 94 yards

Def. Player of the Game - T. Williams 5 tackles (4 solo, 1 assisted) 3 tackles for loss 2 sacks 1 fumble forced

Boom29 - you played a good game but think my roster was just better than the team you inherited. It will probably be a much closer game if we play next season, my team loses a lot of talent after this season.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

My roster was good enough, but I just wasn't used to my offense yet. I wasn't sure what would work for the most part.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Week 6

Georgia 14
    Wisconsin 20

One stat is all that is needed to describe this game: Wisconsin won without scoring an offensive touchdown. Georgia had six turnovers including two inside the Wisconsin five yard line.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Week 7
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Shootout in Knoxville
    Bulldogs defeat Volunteers 45-43

Georgia appeared headed to its fourth consecutive loss following a Tennessee FG to up the lead to 27-7 midway through the second quarter. However, a Georgia TD with 25 seconds left in the half, ignited the Georgia offense, en route to 31 second half points.

Still, Georgia needed a late game miracle to win over their rivals. A FG with a minute and a half to play gave the Volunteers a 43-34 lead, forcing the Bulldogs, who were without timeouts, to score twice in order to win. After a quick TD strike to cut the deficit to one (with 2-pt conversion), the Bulldogs were forced to attempt an onside kick. The kick would bounce off the Tennessee player and was recovered by Georgia. QB Chris Smith led the offense down the field, settling for a short 20 yard field goal as time expired for the improbable win.

Notable Stats
    QB Chris Smith - 27/40, 493 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT
    WR Mike Richards - 8 rec, 178 yards, TD, 74 long
    WR Marcus Williams - 4 rec, 89 yards, 2 TD, 60 long
    TE Sean Estes - 4 rec, 65 yards, TD, 24 long
    WR Ronald Anderson - 6 rec, 62 yards, 18 long

Last edited: May 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Wow...
    Florida stormed back to tie. Tie again... then recovered what looked to be a game winning fumble returned for a TD with 27 seconds left... BUT!!!!
    Overturned by the CPU booth review!!! South Carolina converts and drives into FG range for the 30-27 squeaker.

That was a frustrating game. Price was on his back the WHOLE F'ing game.