Game summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by GDip, Jul 14, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'd say it's HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to give us a small breakdown of the CPU Games as well. Nothing extra just what happened, the score, and a few key stats would be nice. I'll be getting my Elgato device back out to record some of my games and post in my summaries:D

3. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'll agree with the highly encouraged. But won't require it, as some of us struggle to keep up as it is ;)

4. nellycuz

Cardiac Cats......Already?
    [​IMG]
    Cincinnati, OH--

San Jose State visited Cincinnati in what proved to be a test for both teams in the season opener. San Jose State started out on the offensive throwing and running the ball down the field with ease. First down after first down and jumped out to a 14-0 lead with a 49 yard TD reception by WR Chandler Jones and a 2 yard TD run by HB Erich Wilson. The Bearcats eventually got their offense together towards the end of the 1st quarter , QB Brandon Kay ran in a 3 yard to bring it to 14-7 at the end of the 1st.

The 2nd quarter the teams exchanged TDs towards halftime. With 1:12 remaining in the 1st half, San Jose State QB threw a TD to WR Noel Grigsby for 4 yards to make it a two score game, 21-7. But with 26 seconds remaining in the half, QB Brandon Kay led the Bearcats down the field.....scoring another TD on the ground for 12 yards to go into the half 21-14.

Bearcats got the ball in the 2nd half. It was a quiet 3rd quarter with a turnover for both teams however, another long drive by the Bearcats resulted in a 3rd down TD in the redzone for the Cats. QB Brandon Kay scrambled, and finally found HB Abernathy for a 7 yard TD reception. After the game, SJSU coach SmashMouthFB33 was quoted saying, " That was one of two VERY lucky plays that took some wind out of our sails. We thought we had them forced to a FG and the QB ran around, made one of our DLmen miss, and threw a ball into coverage that should have never been caught." Coach nellycuz agreed they were fortunate with that particular play but he said, "that's football, and when your QB is mobile, things like that are going to happen. We won't catch all the breaks this year, I know that. But sometimes you create your own luck, and we did that today."

Going into the 4th quarter everything was squared up at 21. SJSU scored an early FG within a minute of the 4th, making it 24-21. After going back and forth, the Bearcats finally got within FG ranged with under a minute to go to take it into overtime, knotted up at 24 a piece.​

TO OVERTIME WE GO, WEEK 1, SEASON 1.

Bearcats get the option to defend or offense first, they chose the offensive. When asked about the decision, coach nellycuz said "I felt confidence in the offense and how they've played throughout the game. We had a good game plan going into OT where I thought if we could get on the board first, it would add a bit of pressure to SJSU...and we did just that." After a TD by HB Abernathy (4 yd run), it was San Jose State's turn. After 3 plays, WR Chandler Jones caught a 12 yard pass from QB David Fales. Now San Jose had the chance to go on the offensive first. It was UC's defense that shined this time when they forced SJ QB to throw a PICK!! Now the Bearcats score and this game would be over, and they did just that. HB Abernathy scored his 3rd TD on the day (2nd rushing) with a 8 yard TD run.

Hell of a game, I got highlights coming tonight.

stats wk1.JPG

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  5. nellycuz

realized I posted this in wrong thread ooops