Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Aug 31, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Game Summaries

Guys,

I am in no way the Commish of this league but I would like to say something. When we all signed up, we agreed to be active members of this league. I understand life comes before video Games. Trust me, with a 15 month old child I know this.

However, I am seeing less and less game summaries from alot of people. I see some people are still palying there games and have not did 1 game summary in two weeks!! We are also seeing a decline in Recruiting threads. I love this league and enjoy playing with all of you. However, at the same time I dont think its fair to Shaun or Archie that we all leave our guard down and become just another "League". I joined this league because of the activity. I enjoy hearing what my arch rivals did . I enjoy reading on who picked up the top recruit.

I myself am guilty of falling behind in my other league. I joined to many leagues and have alot going on. Thats why I bailed out of a few so I could make time for the ones I really enjoyed. Now, along with my internet issues Im trying to catch up in that league.

I am in no way picking at anyone in this league. I just think we all may need to sit back and really think if we have the time to commit to this league. Whether or not you do is up to you. I just want this league to stick around and not become just a regular, "yeah, I played my game" league.

I know for a fact Archie and Shaun have been more than understanding with alot of people. I myself am one in the "E" League. I also know that they will not hesitate to kick someone out. Hell, College football kicks off this week. I feel inactivity will increase much more soon. Lets try to make this league something special.

Ok. I feel alittle better..LOL. I just had to get this off my shoulder. As I mentioned, Im in no way attacking anyone. I understand we all have things to do. Lets just not take up a roster spot that someone else more active may be able to fill.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am getting discouraged...to be honest.

I didn't understand why Archie got so cranky until I started commishing.

I mean, we can't even get people to come out and PLAY games. I got knocked out of the NC and I didn't even get to TRY to win.

That sucks.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Thats the best way to say it Shaun. It sucks and it takes away the fun. I can understand why Archie gets upset. You guys put in alot of time and effort for this league and some take advantage of it. I know that game hurt. Lets not let it be a ball buster. Lets finish our season strong. Maybe some people can pick up there game and be alittle more available while others have some time to do there game summaries. I see alot of people in 2 or 3 leagues and I cant see where you have time for that. i learned my lesson. I think Archie even cut back one league because I know he is always busy. Lets roll foward and you can make neccessary changes where needed. As I said, I love the league and want it to grow

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am not going to let it ruin my fun. We will get a set of dedicated guys, even if it means losing some current members.

If you are in 5 leagues and can't keep up the commitments for this one, you should let somone who cares have your spot, right?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Completely agree. The participation on here has been lacking. Even general discussions don't go anywhere. I posted something regarding sliders and gameplay and not one person even responded to it.

If this is suppose to be one of the premiere leagues of the OFFL, I would imagine things need to be picked up. If things aren't, they should be replaced. Isn't that why you guys started the mid majors and small schools as a sort of farming system to develop active users to promote into the premiere leagues?

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea. Unfortunately, with a few exceptions, all the bedrocks of last years two OFFL leagues are in the E-League, which I think is the best OD out there.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Well, let me know when a spot opens up. (y)

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Maybe I should drop then?

I am the busiest I've ever been with starting school and football

Im in three dynasties, one I commish

edit: but I like all of them for different reasons!! :(

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will get mine up to date soon. I missed a week after the swap to OU. This is the busiest time of year for me with both Football and basketball going for my kids...thats two ball teams I coach one and a football team I coach and a soccer team I watch....alot...

Next season expect more pics and game wrap ups from me.

10. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

I am sorry I will be getting my updates together soon. We had two guys walk out at work this week and I picked up a ton of extra hours added on to my move. Sorry about this don't expect it again.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't want anyone to think that game summaries are the end all be all here. They are important to the atmosphere of the game, but we all know activity will pick up a bit when it is cold outside.

What I do have a problem with is people not playing games. That is starting to wear on me pretty bad. I have had 10 people this week ask me about joining, why should I stick with guys who won't play when I can get guys who will?

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

To make things easy, I would like to throw an idea out there. If you are very busy and can play your game but cannot do a blog, drop a quick line to let everyone know. It takes just a few seconds.

If you miss a game without posting to let everyone know why, your on probation.(I think we have a few of those). If it happends again, your gone!

I dont wanna help run out people that are really wanting to make this a fun league but the ones who have things going on all the time and rarely show for games, summaries, recruiting, etc should not be here. I can name some people but I will let them figure it out. Personally speaking Shaun, I would say can the ones ahead of time who are not showing up for anything at all.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll let shaun know about my situation..

for everyone else, I just started school..trying to get off on the right football..
    just ended football camp...been here for the last 2 weeks or so doing nothing but that..

things will slow down I assume..

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I know Murks reason for not postins summaries.

15. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yeah, you have been busy but you show up for games...

16. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

I can assure you I will not miss games.

In all honesty I feel if people miss more then one game they should get the boot. Plain and simple. The idea Jmill had is spot on.

17. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Also, are you aware Cnic is booted from the site? He quit a game in TMFL and is no longer allowed on the site.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sixth,

That is in process of being discussed, but yea, I am aware.

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I have just started back at school (teacher) and with coaching, I have been very busy. I will play catch up with my sumarries and recruiting this weekend.