Game Summary Warning

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 19, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Game Summary Warning

At the start of year 4 we all agreed to the new rule which required game summaries for each and every game you play to be posted in a reasonable matter of time. Some of you have not kept up with this rule. Consider this your only warning. If you don’t start turning things around there will be sanctions, I don’t care how big of a disadvantage it puts your program. Some of you on the list are worse off than others, but these are the people I believe to be behind in the summary department right now.

Punishment

1st offense: Loss of 5 hours recruiting each week until you catch up

2nd offense: Loss of all recruiting hours each week until you catch up

3rd offense: Hidy ho see ya later

People on Proverbial Hot Seat

Dean

Bcduggan

Smace

Noknee

Shawndaphenom

2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

smace could not be on a hot seat

rule quoted:
    Game Summaries
    You must post a game summary after every game. The summary must be up within 24 hours of finishing the game. There should be at least a quick recap of all games (paragraph minimum). For user vs. user games I want highlites and stats, and I want those for the Tough CPU game on the schedule as well. The loser of a user vs. user game doesn't have to post a summary, that is the only exception. There will be recruiting hours lost and scholarships taken away for violation of this.

I have had 4 games before this morning, 3 user games and i posted a summary in every one the same day, even though the rule says i did not have too post at all since i lost.

Second do to the simmed results and supersim and restarts, i cant see how you could take the time now to say this is the one and only warning for the few that are or were behind before the dynasty reset back a few weeks.

understand you might not have know who has had user games but first rule of management / leadership: if your gonna call people out, make sure your on point and facts are straight.

once again if you set a tentative advance time even if its 72 hours, let that be the limit for summaries to be posted. Pulling a time out of our ass that somebody determines is "reasonable" is a broke policy, you cant enforce fairly.

my point of view and my opinion, nothing personal and yall know how i get down.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Smace,

72 hrs for a game summary is a joke man, we have generally already advance to the next week by 72 hours...lol.

24 hrs is completely enough time to get a game summary up.

And just becuse we lost two weeks and had to go back and supersim some scores back doesnt give anybody an excuse not to post their original game summaries....

I am with hood on this. We got a few guys that are even hardly around and never post. I know a few guys in a couple other PS3 leagues that would like to get in on what we got going on here. Actually got a PM a couple days ago.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My issue is with this hot seat is when I thought I was behind I was told I was fine. I even had a thread going on this. Also, the last 2 games were simmed, week 5 LSU had a bye.

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Its not 72 hours to just get a summary up after you play homie, its 72 hours to get your game in and get the summary tentative. You just proved the point. if the last few guys play after 48 hours, when is their summary due? After 72 hours.

If i dont play my game by the third day it would be 96 hours before i have to get the summary up.
    what i said was just make it mandatory to get your summary up and play your game, 72 hours from the last advance(tentative) since we cant mandate guys play before 72 hours due to site rules, regardless of when you play your game.

If you do it this way (24 hours after you play ur game). guys who have shit to do all day will not play until late since they might not have time to get their summary in. And waiting on having time to post a summaries will end up slowing down the dynasty. If you give them a hard time of 72 hours guys will still squeeze that game in day one even though they might not have time for a summary.
    Or guys post bullshit summaries since they dont have time to do a good one and dont want to get punished.

Also you dont know when the game was played. I played mine at like 2am when i got home SAT morning how do you, or who ever, know when my 24 hours was up.

Part of what happens to some guys is they play their game right before we advance. when we advance they move on to the next week and never go back. But im not talking for them. they are grown ass men. Im speaking for me and my situation My shit is always done when required and I am not behind in game Summaries.

Point is user vs user loser, dont have to post a summary so im good. And what are you gonna post and what good is the highlight of a simmed game u did not actual play or a game that stats wise doesn't count(the original game) for those who had simmed games.

If you want other guys in the dynasty, then man up and say you or you got to go. you are not adding enough to the group, see you later. My whole issue is some rules are random, some randomly enforced and some cant be enforced with common sense and fair and equal treatment.

bcduuggan was told he was up to date
    I know i was up to date by the rules
    I think dean was up to date by the rule
    so the question is what made those names appear on the thin ice list?

6. Iron Mickey

I see your points. But I think hood has been nice enough and he is fed up with some guys actvity efforts. I dont think, and I believe hood would agree that your (smace) nowhere near one of the few problems we have here. You are one of the key components to the dynasty being so successful so far.

But we have some guys that are just here hangin around, and I am on board with hood on doin some house cleaning if need be. We have guys that seriously just come here to peep in and look around or schedule games. They dont bring anything to the league other than a lousy uploaded score. No highlights, hardly any summaries, and definetely zero activity on the boards.

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i think we should set a thread for game summaries for each week, this will make it easier to see whose not doing summaries, plus its alot easier to read everyone summaries. I like reading guys summaries but i dont always no if its the current week. If we had Week 6 Game Summaries thread, it would be easier to follow what everyone is up to instead of going through each individual team thread. because honestly i dont look through everyone's gfame summaries thread

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

+1
    early on, it was ok to do it the way we had been, since you did not have other post between your game summaries. Now there is a lot of traffic, and posts of the actual game get buried.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Few Things....

Drunken that is a great idea. We will adapt that starting next advance.

I messed up with the thin ice list. It came across as too harsh, I'm not pissed I was just pointing out who I thought was behind. The rule about the user loser slipped my mind, I'm sorry. It was an honest mistake. I have no problem with smace or bc or anyone, my bad.

10. Iron Mickey

Personally I like having individual threads for each team because it keeps things more organized to me personally. Also it makes it easier for me too to go back and look at past summaries for myself if I need to remind myself of something.

I do read everyones summaries too. One of my favorite things, plus if someones putting in time to do it, its the right thing to do.

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Its all good Hood.

On a msg board its hard to set the tone you want just from typed words.
    I knew i was straight from the beginning. My post was more for the guys who were boarderline and being fair across the board.
    I look at things alot from an apathetic point of view(the other persons side for us Infantry guys). That is why alot of my post are long. I try to let it be known i thought about what your side is, and this is my point, and this is what i think about what you might think about my point. Even then typed words can give you the wrong tone or point.

Again i agree its important to do a summary and I think the list of guys who have 24 hours after we advance would work great. In your advance post, list who has 24 hours to get a summary or face sanctions. You can also make the master week thread.

The only problem with the master thread is it will be too cluttered with all teams summaries and the responses. Thats why we stopped doing it that way in the beginning. If you could make a weekly summary topic that each user could create his own team thread it would be better. Or keep our own team threads but have guys make a new thread for each week, might be the best for organization and being able to read it.

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i like the way we have our own individual summaries. we lock them every year and start a new. its like our own little newspaper. i log in and check these boards at least once a day if not way higher then that. while some people maybe shouldn't have been on that list i can say off top that i havent seen the NC St./ Notre Dame recap. i might have lost by alot, but id like to see the other owners point of view on it.

i dont think we need to change anything. people need to get their shit done and if they cant then let us know why or else face sanctions. we all have texting as an option and this site. even phone conversations and ps3 messenging. i dont even think we need an update on who is on the hot seat. thats like holding these guys hands to get shit done and giving out warnings. their have been warnings in the offseason and now this thread would be a final warning. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

13. Iron Mickey

I couldnt agree more with TRude. I like having my personal own newspaper. There nice and organized and can go back to them anytime I want to see any part of my teams history.

TRude brings up another HUGE point that hoodlum made an emphasis in the offseason on the recaps. Like TRude, I wanted to see DETAILED recaps for User vs. User games that had a decent summary and Highlight's. But then, we got people that cant even do their User vs. CPU ones.

We shouldnt have to push/threaten memebers to be active and follow the guidelines. Like TRude said, the warning was givin out in the Offseason......

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ill drink to that.
    :beernana:

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Dont get it twisted. im with you guys on this. My point was who was on the list and the timing after all the resets and simmed games was a little off.

If it was up for a vote I like keeping the individual threads for each team. I do see drunken's point in that with the traffic it gets hard to follow just the summaries if thats all you want to read. I think a solution is Keep the team summaries thread just for team summaries and each week someone or who who ever does it first create a weekly dynasty news / congrats / comment thread for discussion on that weeks events. This way the team summary thread stays with only summary posts and all the other shit goes in the weekly news thread.

My 2 cents

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Hoodlum>It's all good. I just couldn't figure it out is all.

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Example of dynasty week 6 news thread. Just the score is needed by the user and a sentence or 2 if you want. each user update should copy all the scores, so comments on any game can continue down the thread.

example part #1

Week 6 games

#1 Miami @ Duke
    #12 Georgia @ #19 Tennessee
    Wake Forest @ #6 Florida State
    #22 Alabama 45 @ Miss. State 24
    Wisconsin @ #3 Penn State
    Illinois @ #2 Notre Dame
    #5 Michigan @ Iowa
    Virginia @ NC State

Bye Weeks:

#9 Georgia Tech
    #11 Ohio State

Bama beats Miss ST behind HB Washingtons 4 TDs.

18. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Good game. Washington will be a beast.

19. smace767

smace767 Walk On

weekly news thread part #3

Week 6 games

#1 Miami 42 @ Duke 6
    #12 Georgia @ #19 Tennessee
    Wake Forest @ #6 Florida State
    #22 Alabama 45 @ Miss. State 24
    Wisconsin @ #3 Penn State
    Illinois @ #2 Notre Dame
    #5 Michigan @ Iowa
    Virginia @ NC State

Bye Weeks:

#9 Georgia Tech
    #11 Ohio State

Miami stays unbeaten with a blowout of Duke

20. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Good game JCA. Miami is having a great year still rolling after losing Lamar Miller.

21. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Having a thread like this(the 4 posts above) is not hard to do, just paste and cut. Takes 20 seconds for a user to update, and keeps the team game summaries threads clean with just game summaries.

It could / should be in a sub forum.
    I looked around and I think the recruiting news and weekly news would be best in sub forums. Some other dynasties have them there and it looks good.

something to think about.

22. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Thanks man, I'm doing my best. Big test coming up in 2 weeks when we go to Georgia Tech.

23. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I like the idea with the news thread. We will keep our individual team threads just for historic purposes and looking back on scores and whatnot. I will add in the weekly news thread though, kinda like the bottom line ticker thing on sportscenter. From now on there will be no commenting in game summary threads, all comments and related material will go in the weekly news thing that I'll post each week.

24. Iron Mickey

Sweet.....I like.

25. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I think the way to go to keep it from being cluttered, is make the sub forum weekly news right under game summaries.

Each week make a week news thread. And guys just post in that thread

Also move the recruiting news to a sub forum so its always in view.