GamecockCentral.com

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bdes, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdes

bdes Guest

GamecockCentral.com

[​IMG]
    SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS FOOTBALL

Column 1 Column 2
    Category S Car
    Academic Prestige B
    Campus Lifestyle A
    Coach Experience A+
    Coach Prestige B+
    Conference Prestige A
    Championship Contender C
    Athletic Facilities B
    Fan Base B
    Pro Potential C
    Program Stability C
    Program Tradition C+
    Television Exposure C

2012: 7-6 (2-5)*

*Only game played was the Bowl game vs Kansas State, which was a win.

2. bdes

bdes Guest

[​IMG]
    2013 Recruiting Class
    Team Needs: TE, 2 MLBs, P
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rk Player Pos Ht Wt Cal
    1 M. Henry OLB 6'1" 198 :3stars:
    2 P. Kendrick FS 6'1" 200 :3stars:
    3 D. Wall MLB 6'1" 237 :3stars:
    4 M. Fine CB 6'1" 166 :3stars:
    5 M. Washington DT 6'2" 283 :3stars:
    6 S. Pennington HB 5'9" 195 :3stars:
    7 S. Royal OLB 6'3" 229 :2stars:
    8 S. Houston QB 6'0" 213 :2stars:
    9 C. Webb WR 5'11" 162 :2stars:
    10 G. Calhoun FB 6'0" 223 :2stars:
    11 T. Baldwin MLB 6'0" 231 :2stars:
    12 D. Cannon DE 6'2" 261 :2stars:
    13 N. Pennington DE 6'1" 230 :2stars:
    14 B. Meeks T 6'7" 316 :2stars:
    15 T. Ramsey C 6'0" 279 :2stars:
    16 M. Clarke TE 6'6" 250 :2stars:
    17 M. Handy P 6'0" 199 :2stars:
    18 R. Wilson CB 6'1" 164 :2stars:

Week 1 - Ranked 50th in the nation
    Week 2 - Ranked 34th in the nation
    Week 3 - Ranked 41rd in the nation
    Week 4 - Ranked 37th in the nation
    Week 5 - Ranked 42nd in the nation

39th in the nation

Walk ons
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Pos Name Cal
    QB T. Stevenson :2stars:
    WR J. Smart :2stars:
    WR W. Purcell :2stars:
    FS S. Rogers :2stars:
    SS T. James :2stars:

Players Cut
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Pos Player Yr Rating
    QB T. Stevenson Fr 71
    HB T. Sanders So (RS) 74
    DT B. Miller Fr (RS) 74
    CB T. James Fr 72
    FS S. Rogers Fr 63

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow...this is real nice prez

4. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

yeah it is, i migth try doing something like this too. This looks real nice

5. bdes

bdes Guest

Thanks guys. And yea I think this is the easiest way to keep track of everything. I just wanna pull out at least 1 player that I feel can make a contribution as a true frosh, dunno if I'll get that though.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice job man, great minds think alike, hadn't even seen your's when I did mine this morning. Your's looks really good.

7. bdes

bdes Guest

Thanks man and great minds do think a like, lol

8. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I like this a lot, I can tell you're gonna be a great addition here. JCA yours is very good too, it's funny you guys both thought of this without seeing each other's first

9. bdes

bdes Guest

Thanks hood, I'm excited to be here and be a part of a legit OD. And it's just that great minds thing.

10. bdes

bdes Guest

[​IMG]
    2013 Season Preview

Columbia, SC (AP) --- South Carolina is in a complete rebuilding stage, that is an unarguable point. The Gamecocks are only returning 10 starters, which includes their Kicker Travis Revis. 5 of the starters returning are on offense, none of which are skilled positions, unless you would say that a Fullback is a skilled position.

"It's always hard to lose your top players offensively, and thats what happen to us this year. With [QB] Reid [McCollum],[WRs] Alston [Jeffery], DL [Moore] and Tori [Guntley] all graduating it puts us in a huge hole offensively. And then you got some who think they are too good for their team," Bdes said, referring to [HB] Jarvis Giles who left early to pursue the NFL, "some may call it a rebuilding year, but I don't believe in rebuilding years."

Redshirt Junior Warren Burton will get the start behind center this season, without prior experience it should be interesting to see how he fairs against the speed of the SEC defenses that he will see when the Gamecocks start conference play. He doesn’t have too many tools in his arsenal either, Cameron Sanchez comes out of the off-season as the starter. He, along with the rest of USC's HBs, doesn't seem to have that 'big play threat' which is something that the Gamecock offense needs, so expect a lot of different backs to get their chance to impress Bdes as the season rolls on. You can also expect Bdes to look hard to find that 'big play' guy throughout recruiting.

Burton's go-to-guy will be Redshirt Senior WR Lamar Scurggs. Scrugg’s was burried deep in the Gamecock's depth chart last season, but this year he will carry a completely new role. “I’m extremely excited, I want to show the nation what I can do.” Many are calling him the Gamecock’s big play threat offensively. Another target Burton will look to is Senior Tight End Adam Edmonds who also returns from last year’s squad. Expect an aerial attack as the Gamecock's don't have much else to go to offensively.

The three other returning starters are on the O-line; Cole Lewis, Calvin Cooper and Josh Tyler all return and potentially have at least one year of eligibility in them. “It’s exciting to watch on film and see how much better they have gotten.” Bdes said when asked about how his O-Line completely switched roles from last season, “Last year they were looked at as the weak part of the offense, this season they look to lead the offense.”

Like the offense, the Gamecock’s defense also raises many questions. The defensive line is very inexperienced, opposing teams may have field days running to the outsides as two unproven ends, Scott Keyes and Richard Lee. But to make up for that lack of experience Steve Durbin will finally get his chance to get playing time. Coming off a big off-season Durbin beat out last year’s starter Reynaldo Harvey as the starting Nose Tackle.But Bdes has made it known that Harvey will have a chance to earn his spot back. "There's no saying that one guy won't get playing time on this team. I wanna give everyone a chance, I'm new to this team, I wanna see what everyone can do."

Last year opposing teams halfbacks feared playing the gamecocks knowing that they would have to go face to face with Outside linebackers Chaun Greshaum and Reggie Bowens. Well this year Bowens has now graduated and moved on to the NFL, now it is time for Chaun Greshuam to lead the Gamecock's Linebacking Corps and lead South Carolina’s young Linebackers, Jimmy Cobbs and Nick Malone as they look to make their debuts.

The secondary might be the strongest part of the team, South Carolina’s Cornerback’s James Johnson, Antwaun Walton, and William Timmons all look extremely promising as first year starters. Bdes is known for producing some strong Corners and these young guys could live up to that name. Strong Safety and Team Captain Dave Monroe is one of the few players who will look to move on to the next level and begin to play on Sunday’s next year. Monroe will start beside Redshirt Senior Allen Scott who many say is only starting due to experience gained from starting last season. The secondary will undoubtedly anchor South Carolina’s defense, and possibly the whole team.

Whether Bdes like's it or not, this South Carolina team is extremely young and for the most part inexperienced. It will be tough to keep them in the game with the SEC being one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA.

[​IMG]

11. Iron Mickey

what a subperb scouting report bdes....please dont join anymore leagues...lol. This is the kind of active member we are looking for in Cream of the Crop. A few of our guys should pay close attention to how your doing things.

Excellent write-up. You got a young team, but this program will be on the rise. I am doing my scouting report tonight.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job man, I'm gonna have to step my game up so you don't put me to shame. I really like to 2012 to 2013 roster comparison. You're a great addition to our league. I look forward to seeing all your posts throughout the season. Great job man.

13. bdes

bdes Guest

[​IMG]
    2013 Schedule
    [​IMG]
    AUG. 31 - WAKE FOREST (DrunkenSolider), 8 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 64
    Team grades: B- OVR, C+ offense, B- defense
    What to watch for: Redshirt Junior QB Jeff McMahan comes into the game as Wake Forest’s second best player on their roster. The 87 OVR QB has a good arm and will most likely challenge the Gamecock’s through the air.

[​IMG]
    SEPT. 7 - at GEORGIA,, 12:30 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 12
    Team grades: B+ OVR, B offense, A- defense
    What to watch for: Georgia has two good, quick defensive ends, Ronnie Tyson and Montez Robinson. If these guys can pressure Burton early on, it could lead to a long day offensively for SC.

[​IMG]
    SEPT. 14 - at RUTGERS, 1:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 24
    Team grades: B+ OVR, B+ offense, A- defense
    What to watch for: All-American WR Aaron Hayward will look to blow by the SC secondary with his 94 SPD and 98 ACC.

[​IMG]
    SEPT. 21 - at OLE MISS, 8:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 47
    Team grades: A-OVR, A- offense, A- defense
    What to watch for: The dynamic duo of Redshirt SR Hbs, Darius Barksdale and Rodney Scott are just two of the Rebel’s playmakers on offense. That isn’t including WR James Logan either. There are 3 All-Americans Ole Miss’s offense.

[​IMG]
    SEPT. 28 - at ALABAMA, 6:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 25
    Team grades: A OVR, A- offense, A defense
    What to watch for: Alabama has arguably the best offensive line in college football. They may hold the key for a Tide victory.

[​IMG]
    OCT. 5 - KENTUCKY, 8:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 21
    Team grades: B- OVR, B- offense, B defense
    What to watch for: All-American Senior Redshirt HB Jarrell Green can run right through you with his size or past you with his speed.

[​IMG]
    OCT. 12 - LSU (shawdowfanubis66), 6:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 13
    Team grades: A OVR, B offense, A+ defense
    What to watch for: DE Sam Montgomery is returning for his Senior season after breaking the NCAA record for career sacks, yea this could be a problem.

[​IMG]
    OCT. 19 - VANDERBILT, 3:30 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 105
    Team grades: B- OVR, B- offense, B- defense
    What to watch for: Vandy’s HB Trent Richardson is a big fish in a small pond, stop Richardson and you’ve got Vandy’s number.

[​IMG]
    NOV. 2 - at ARKANSAS (Jam1278), 8:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 20
    What to watch for: Arkansas weakness seems to be at the Quarterback position. Redshirt Junior Matt Wesley (80 OVR) will get the start, he doesn’t have good mobility so blitzing will most likely be the Gamecock’s gameplan in this one.

[​IMG]
    NOV. 9 - FLORIDA (DirtyD12), 6:00 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 1
    What to watch for: The entire team, this doesn’t look good for the Gamecocks.

[​IMG]
    NOV. 16 - CLEMSON, 12:30 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 16
    Team grades: A OVR, A offense, A defense
    What to watch for: Clemson is a very underrated team, it is very important to Gamecock fan's that Bdes slays this monster, putting South Carolina back on top in their state.

[​IMG]
    NOV. 23 - NEVADA, 12:30 p.m.
    Preseason ranking: No. 114
    Team grades: C OVR, D+ offense, C+ defense
    What to watch for: South Carolina to finish the season on a strong note!C OVR, D+ offense, C+ defense
    Player to watch:

14. bdes

bdes Guest

Thanks for the kind words boys.

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job on the schedule breakdown. Keep up the good work man.

16. Iron Mickey

Damn dude. This is really nice work. Great FN job.

17. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Way to make us all look bad bdes. Bastard.

No but in all seriousness awesome work. I don't even know how to make those high speed tables and shit you make.

18. bdes

bdes Guest

[​IMG]
    SOUTH CAROLINA 17, #15 GEORIGA 14

South Carolina was coming off a really tough loss to Wake Forest opening the season with a record of 0-1. But the Gamecocks wanted to start the SEC out on the right note. And they did.

SC's defense started on the right note forcing a three and out. The offense would then march down the field with a 36 yard field goal by Rivas. The defense would come up big once again as Scruggs with catch a 32 yard pass from Burton to put South Carolina up 10-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Georgia put up a TD in the second quarter making the score 10-7 in the second half.

There would be no more scoring until the fourth quarter as the Bulldogs would get another TD on the ground. Followed by a TD on the ground for South Carolina.

Georgia would end the game on a missed field goal with only seconds left leaving them with no time outs and a win for South Carolina.

PLAYER OF THE GAME
    QB Will Burton - 15-32, 220 yards, TD

*Sorry about no pics they didn't upload right, I'll try to get it fixed for a video or two for my next game against Rutgers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.