Gamecocks welcome Mizzou to SEC with an L!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LB Fitted, Aug 30, 2012.

1. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

South Carolina 23 Mizzou 13

In what was a defensive struggle for most of the game; the gamecocks got their first look at the new SEC member Missouri Tigers and although they didnt blow them out the water by any means, they took care of business at home. The gamecocks came out the 1st possession and drove down field to get on the board 3-0. Later on in the 1st Connor Shaw hooked up with DL Moore on a nice lob pass for 28 yds where moore out jumped the defender in the end zone. Then in the 2nd qrt south carolina tacked on another field goal to jump out to a 13-0 lead.. but then the Tigers woke up staring with a 2nd quarter field goal then a 3rd quarter 87 yard td from Franklin to Washington to cut the lead to 3! Mizzou would go on to get another field goal in the 4th to tie the game up with 12 seconds left, but then a long drive ending in another field goal for south carolina gave them the go ahead score, and Marcus Lattimore put the game away from 31 yds out with 1:22 left to give the Gamecocks the victory making them 1-0 in the SEC!

gg @BulgyTexas

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'm still pissed about that damn FG. I should have made it I just don't get full power. It would have still been a longshot to win, but recovering an inside kick with 30 seconds and 3 TOs I would have had a chance. What killed me was that option pitch you intercepted and the back to back interceptions early. I've never had a user shut down the read option like that especially from the DE slot.