Gameday: Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Aug 9, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN’s College Gameday, Live from Blacksburg, Virginia; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Michigan Wolverines and the Virginia Tech Hokies.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Blacksburg where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Wolverines and the Hokies.

[​IMG]

“The Michigan Wolverines are off to an amazing start in the first year under the new coaching regime, blowing out nearly everyone in their path. The Wolverines have been slowed down in past games by both Texas A&M and Michigan State, but the Michigan defense has proved difficult for everyone to deal with this season. This week should be no different as the Hokies are not known for offensive prowess. The key for Michigan will be establishment of the running game, whether it be with Denard Robinson or Stephen Hopkins.

Much like the Wolverines, Virginia Tech hasn’t had too much trouble thus far. The Hokies had a tough game with West Virginia early on, but other than that have rolled to a perfect first half of the season. The Hokie defense is making waves this season as well, ranking just ahead of the Michigan D in total defense at number 5. This should be a down and dirty defensive war, but with the home-field advantage the Hokies should be slight favorites."

Players to Watch

For Michigan: DE Craig Roh. Roh leads the nation in sacks through 8 games.
    [​IMG]

For Virginia Tech: HB David Wilson. Wilson is having a Walker Award type of year this season.
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]

1. Stepfan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    2. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU
    3. Knile Davis, JR RB, Arkansas
    4. Denard Robinson, JR QB, Michigan
    5. Case Keenum, SR QB, Houston

[​IMG]

(Pictured above: Stepfan Taylor)

UPSET ALERT

Herbie- #10 Nebraska hosting Dan Persa and the Northwestern Wildcats.
    [​IMG]
    Coach- Not really an upset per se, but look for #24 USC to hand #7 Colorado their first loss.
    [​IMG]

Now it’s time for a little segment we call Who’s Hot and Who’s Not.

HOT

[​IMG]

The Colorado Buffaloes. In their first year in the PAC-12, the Buffaloes are showing that they are no pushover and are off to a blazing 7-0 start after a dismal year in 2010.

[​IMG]
    Denard Robinson, QB Michigan. The Junior standout threw for six TDs last week against Purdue, and is starting to generate some Heisman buzz.

[​IMG]
    The Tennessee Volunteer D- The Vols held favorite South Carolina to 14 points last week, forcing 5 turnovers while returning three of those for touchdowns.

NOT

[​IMG]
    - Nebraska Cornhuskers. The previously unbeaten Huskers got walloped at home last week and now face a tough Northwestern squad in Week 11.

[​IMG]
    -The Big East Conference. Currently has Zero teams ranked in the top 25. Although the West Virginia Mountaineers look close, and seem very deserving to be ranked.

[​IMG]
    -The defending national champs. Auburn dropped it’s fourth game of the season already last week, and could drop another this week while hosting #23 Tennessee.

Before we get to our picks, let’s take a look at the latest Coaches, Media and BCS polls brought to you by Old Spice. “Smell like a man, man.”
    Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png
    Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(1-6) [​IMG][​IMG]#22 (6-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(3-6)[​IMG][​IMG]#13 (6-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]

(8-0) #1[​IMG][​IMG](4-4)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (5-3) #23[​IMG][​IMG](3-4)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (5-3)[​IMG][​IMG](6-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(5-2) #16[​IMG][​IMG]#20 (6-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(6-1) #8[​IMG][​IMG]#25 (5-3)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]
    (7-0) #7[​IMG][​IMG]#24 (7-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (8-0) #4[​IMG][​IMG]#5 (8-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Michigan fans are so friggin' weird.

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.

[​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Advance to Week 12 Thursday night around 7 PM.

3. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

if injuries stick.. wilson is out for 7 weeks but some of you have mentioned they get reset

4. -4-

-4- Walk On

Lucky for you, he should be back. EA is supposed to have it along with many other things patched by the end of the month.

For the patch to take effect with rosters, I can't advance past Player training before the patch is released. So if we get to the end of the season, and the patch hasn't been released we will probably be at a standstill for a bit until it is.

5. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ok State drops to Kansas State 38-22. Smh, I need to do something about my D. I couldnt stop anything today!

6. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

I have no problems giving you guys tomorrow night as well if need be. But if it's not in by Friday around noon, we'll have to sim it or something.

8. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

9. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

everyone dead?

10. -4-

-4- Walk On

No... everyone's just done.

Hopefully you guys can play tonight. If not, I'm gonna let the CPU decide and one of you will be unhappy. I think the odds favor VT in a sim.

11. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Sorry VT, I went on an impromptu camping trip, was only planning on staying 1 day, but we all stayed for another night, sorry bout that. I can play tonight if you are on.