Gameday: Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Aug 16, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to ESPN's coverage of College Gameday, Live from Stillwater, Oklahoma; the site of this week’s game of the week between the Stanford Cardinal and the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

[​IMG]

I’m Chris Fowler and I’ll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week’s News from around the world of college football as well as preview this week’s great slate of action on the gridiron.

We start here in Stillwater where Gameday is this week. Let’s welcome Erin Andrews with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Cardinal and the Cowboys.

[​IMG]

“The Stanford Cardinal and their prolific future first overall pick have lived up to expectations this season, going a perfect 11-0 up until now. Luck isn’t the only one that the Cowboys need to look out for though, as Heisman frontrunner Stepfan Taylor is the true workhorse for the leaders in the PAC-12. The duo has all of Palo Alto murmuring about a potential national title, but the Cardinal must step up to the challenge this week as well in the PAC-12 title game first.

Oklahoma State relies heavily on the passing attack, but if they want to pull the upset this week, they absolutely must get their ground attack going. Wideout Justin Blackmon is a very talented player for the Cowboys, but the defense has been questionable all season, and it will take a huge performance from them along with Blackmon for the Cowboys to steal a win, even on the home field.”

Players to Watch

For Stanford: RB Stepfan Taylor
    [​IMG]

For Oklahoma State: WR Justin Blackmon
    [​IMG]

Thanks Erin; Now it’s time to take a look at this season’s Heisman race.

Heisman Watch presented by Nissan.
    [​IMG]
    1. Stepfan Taylor, JR RB, Stanford
    2. Denard Robinson, JR QB, Michigan
    3. Case Keenum, SR QB, Houston
    4. David Wilson, JR RB, Virginia Tech
    5. Ed Wesley, JR RB, TCU

[​IMG]

Which teams need to be on Upset Alert this week?

Coach- #4 Arkansas traveling to Baton Rouge to take on a 5-5 LSU Tiger squad.
    [​IMG]

Herbie- #9 Texas in the Lone Star Showdown with Texas A&M.
    [​IMG]

Before we get to our picks, let’s take a look at the latest Coaches, Media, and BCS polls brought to you by Old Spice.
    Picture 7.png

Picture 8.png

Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it’s now time for our picks segment. Feel free to make your picks to see how you stack up with Herbie and Corso (commish) each week in the Gameday thread.

(10-1, 7-0) #7 [​IMG][​IMG](4-7, 2-5)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (3-8, 2-6)[​IMG][​IMG]#17 (8-3, 7-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

(6-5, 2-5)[​IMG][​IMG]#14 (8-3, 5-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (10-1, 6-1) #4[​IMG][​IMG](5-5, 2-5)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (7-4, 4-3)[​IMG][​IMG](8-3, 5-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Corso
    [​IMG]

(7-3, 5-1)[​IMG][​IMG]#19 (8-2, 6-0)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]
    (11-0, 7-0) #2 [​IMG][​IMG]#11 (9-2, 6-1)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]
    Corso
    [​IMG]

***GOTW***
    (11-0, 9-0) #1[​IMG][​IMG] #18 (7-3, 6-2)
    Herbstreit
    [​IMG]

Coach, who ya got…

[​IMG]

Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.
    [​IMG]

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

Last week of the regular season for most. I think there are 2 or 3 people with games W15, which means it'd be a great time for a 24-hour advance if those people can do it.

Advancing Thursday around 1 PM EST.

3. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

thats the ladies im talkin bout

time to beat up on uva (hopefully)

4. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

LETS GO OK STATE!!!

5. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

what ever adjustments you made have made the cpu amazing now..

yea i lost... computer can exploit routes but we cant..lame

6. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

:mad:

7. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

How did u lose? Was it a realistic lost or CPU was going make you lose no matter what u did?

8. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

the cpu ran corner fades on me about 4 times and scored on 2 of them and i think lowering the tackling benefited a lot for the cpu as its damn near impossible to make a tackle on the initial hit to begin with and lowering the tackling rating just makes it even worse

lowering pass rush for user and cpu has absolutely no effect on the cpu's pass rush but kills user pass rush. i admit sacks seemed high for users but when the computer had just as many sacks it seemed fair. lowering the user pass rush almost kills it, lowering for cpu does nothing

i guess accuracy effected my game as i was 10-24 with 3 ints

not complaining about the loss just trying to add my 2 cents

9. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Stanford, when do you wanna play? Im gonna pm you my cell #. Just text me when u wanna play. Im good pretty much anytime after 11pm est tonight. And anytime tomorow

10. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

Let's play as close to 11 as possible tonight. I am old and have to go to bed early.

11. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Id be fine with playing tomorow... Im not sure how close to 11 ill be. So do you just wanna shoot for tomorow?

12. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I will be at work from 8 til about 7. That is true every weekday. I also have a softball game tomorrow night. If we can get an extension we can make it happen sometime tomorrow.

13. -4-

-4- Walk On

You guys can have an extension if West Virginia and Oklahoma State can agree to play their week 15 games in 24 hours after next advance. It'd be nice if you guys play tonight though, I don't want to have to sim another user game.

14. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I will play tonight late if need be. I will make time so we don't sim.

15. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I can sleep when I am dead. The national championship is knocking and stanford needs to answer!

• Like Like x 1
  16. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Ok, lets do it tonight. Ill keep you posted on what time I should be home. My aunt will say one time shes gonna be home but show up at a different time :/ But we will get it in tonight. As you said, we can sleep when were dead.

And besides, OK State has a National Championship dream to crush!

17. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I agree with the tackling part. I don't think it should've been lowered, it was already next to impossible to tackle the CPU on first hit. The CPU pass rush needs a buff more than human pass rush does.

Just my 2 cents

18. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

OK State drops to Stanford 28-17. I played the best D I have all year! However, I just couldnt get my offense in gear. Great game bhenry37! We should definetly rematch next year!