Gameflow -- Madden 11 update

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Masler, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What a joke. Idiots ruining it for the sim guys

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's a really watered down and general public friendly article. For something a little more tuned to our audience, check out the post at OS:

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=101

Gameflow sounds kind of cheesy, but I think there could be some potential in it. Like this article mentions, you can customize your gameplan by inserting and rating plays that you think will be key for your upcoming game. In theory this could be pretty cool, whether or not EA pulls it off successfully in their first try is another story. The premise of getting games down to 35 minutes is awesome though. Their studies from last year showed that of games that took an hour plus online, football was only being played for approx 16 minutes of those. Kind of a waste of time really.

I just wish EA would realize that the reason only 16 out of 350 plays get called isn't because the user is confused by the X's and O's, it's because only a handful of plays actually work against the AI. Take NCAA for example, comebacks, outs, and typically curls (unless it's cover 3) 99.9% of the time don't work. They should spend some more time on that. Another great example, when was the last time a reverse worked in a football game?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Gameflow will suck...I don't want a set list of plays for each game. I'd rather have the 350 plays, I never had troubles with picking a play. EA must be attending to the more simple minded Madden players who like to cheese...I bet them boys on OS are going to have a field day with this.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Right they should be fixing gameplay rather than marketing to the dumb crowd. Madden is too difficult to play? Really? Why because you cannot run with the QB all day anymore?