Gameplan Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 1, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Gameplan Settings

Just to clear up the confusion in the week 6 thread.

Neutral and conservative are the only gameplan settings allowed.

Aggressive gameplan settings are banned.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Banned in what way?

3. GoGators

I'm not sure how to explain it much better than "Aggressive gameplan settings are banned"....i.e. you can't use them.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't see the use in banning all of the aggressive settings besides the ones I've used.

the d-line is the most effective so I understand that one.

aggressive zone play? don't see why that's banned just because it's aggressive.

aggressive strip play...again you get penalized more for facemask than actually getting the strip but i guess i see that one.

I don't even remember the other aggressive settings.

5. GoGators

It's up to the league. If we want to allow some of the aggressive settings I would be for it. I think some of them are useful and non cheesy. Like Griff said, tight zones, INT, big hit those ones aren't too bad.

I'd also say that with the problems defending the option, the aggressive option defensive setting would be useful as well.

Just as a note though, these have been banned for a couple seasons. This isn't something new that I've just implemented.

I guess the ones with the big issue are defensive line jump snap because in user vs user games they never jump offsides as the counter to it. And the strip simply because a turnover is worth much more than 15 yds in penalties and it forces the opponent to go to protect ball all game which neuters the running backs ability to break tackles.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Its never been an issue before, we banned them last year. No problems. Most if not all leagues ban them on this site as well. We should not even being discussing this midseason either. I don't think you can pick and choose which ones to ban and which ones are not. It should be an all or none type deal. Its like that cake saying which I just drew a blank.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    But there's no reason to ban the zone ones for example...so I can't play deeper/shorter (I forgot what's aggressive) zones if I wanted to?? I don't see the harm in that.

I think the intent was to kill that defensive line, which is WAY too powerful and possibly the aggressive going for the strip one.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I thought that this whole thing was being brought up because of my success with the option and people wanted an aid in stopping it with the gameplan settings. The option gameplan settings are very effective in stopping the option. If that is allowed I might as well change my playbook. I could obviously careless about zone pass coverages since I run the ball 80% of the time.

But I still thinnk it should be an all or none deal. You are opening up a can of worms (i think thats the saying) if you do. It is a matter of personal opinion on which gameplan settings are effective and which ones aren't. And which ones should be banned and which ones shouldn't. Just too much to worry about and get into.