Gameplanning Features Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Gameplanning Features Discussion

Okay guys, I wanted to pose this question to you. Do we want to allow the adjustment of deep/short zones using gameplanning? This is the only feature that I would be in favor of allowing. What are your thoughts?

Also, I don't know if you saw the edits in the description thread, but I updated the sliders. I'll double check them on the console tonight to make sure they match up.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The only gameplanning I have a problem with is stripping the ball, and that one only barely.

I am fine with run/pass commits if it is situational.

But we have had this discussion before.:)

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Dline aggressive is a joke as well and should never be used.

But zones I dont see a problem with because i have never really seen it used.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I guess my only question is why would you not be allowed to use the conservative feature on break tackles? User and CPU stripping of the ball is rampant if you leave that on default. When I don't have that on conservative I seem to fumble the ball 3-4 times a game.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I like conservative/aggressive zones and use them situationally (3rd and long, 3rd and short, red zone, etc).

When the CPU starts trying to strip my guys in the 2nd half, I go conservative on ball carrying.

If the CPU has a slow QB, I go conservative on options.

When the CPU starts breaking tackles, I go conservative on tackling/big hits (which is probably why I only have 4 FRs on the season).

I can't think of a single reason to not allow aggr/cons zones.

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

DLine guy can easily be pulled offsides giving you a free 5 yards... that being said in another dynasty I did pull a guy offsides three consecutive times before he took this off... for a little while.

Most game planning have there counters, unfortunately some of them take the game into non sim mode.

Here's my thoughts

Defensive Gameplaning

Definite Bans

Strip ball aggressive - The easiest to throw out, the counter to this thing is to go conservative on the offensive call carrying which makes this game turn into one face masking call after another.

Big Hits aggressive - The second easiest to throw out, no real counter to this one if you have the right personnel, and I've seen LB crews make running, and short pass and catches useless with the amount of fumbles.

Then the grey area and unknown

Option attack - ?!?!?! never used so no idea

Pass Defense - Conservative doesn't do anything, and with some of the missed picks, WR catches and runs for a TD I've seen, I'm ok with it. (left on all game would get old)

Dline Aggressive - I do think with how easily someone can be pulled offsides this one can stay in, however as I said before some people wouldn't take it off, and in goalline situations a 1 yard penalty, followed by a half yard penalty would make playing the game annoying. I use this in my other OD on third and 8+ only, and because in my other OD Basis and I have a no game planning gentlemen's agreement (except zones and catching), I have never used it in this OD.

Zones - I use it in certain situations, and there are more times I forget to turn it off and give up a big play, then there are times having it on has benefited me. I like leaving this one on because it aids in short yardage situations, but at teh same time if the offense gambles and goes for the deep one, they will burn the defense big time. Allso it helps with the annoying DBs that cover the back of the endzone and in goaline situations will let the WR make the catch in front of their face.

Offense

Definite Bans

Big Run aggressive - The guys who normally have this turned on have beasts as HBs anyways, and the one or two fumbles you get out of the guy, that you may or may not recover, doesn't make up for the 5 broken tackle 50 yard TD runs the guy will get.

Then the grey area and unknown

Big and Holding Blocks Aggressive - Never used it, because the teams I normally play with get enough holding and clipping calls without this feature, and I hate having long plays called back.

Getting open - Going agressive has a huge impact against presses and man to man, having the offense that I have precise timing routes are more important then getting a guy open. Basically if the guy doesn't make his break on time it's a pick, therefore I don't use this and don't have an opinion on it.

Catching - This is the only one I've used on in this OD besides D Zone, and I go conservative. My passing style is more important that they catch the damn ball then how many yards can they get afterwards. I'm sure I've caught some crucial third downs that should have been dropped, but I don't see either side of this one being a deal breaker.

My Conclusion

Looking at it a complete ban of everything I'd be fine with, sliders are set with no gameplanning in mind, and you can't really adjust for them, and of course in user vs user games some gameplanning elements are just not fun to play against and take this game away from sim ball.

The other thing is that even with something as non game breaking like the "catching" gameplanning, it sort of undermines getting all around good recruits, and doesn't penalize anyone from just going for speed. If you want a guy that can catch like a possession receivers, then go get possession receivers, don't take speed guys and gameplan so they catch the ball like possession receivers but when they get into open space then can run like speed receivers that can't catch.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This is soooooort of going in the wrong direction. Gameplanning features should never be used against the CPU. Why would we have sliders? You want your receivers not to drop the ball? Recruit guys who can catch.

Against users, I don't like playing against any of them. It makes things feel unearned. The only one I could understand allowing would be adjusting your zones on defense. It seems as though you guys are in agreement, but obviously I would like to get more opinions on this.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I have played guys who use aggressive DLine and they never jumped offsides one the entire game, while my guys would false start from the snap counts

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This is true, but don't fret -- it's banned! ;)

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

So, when the CPU turns on aggressive stripping (and I can't imagine that anyone would argue that the CPU doesn't do this) why shouldn't we be able to turn on conservative running? If I want a guy to hold on to the ball, I should recruit guys with high CAR rating, but again, I'm sure that no one would argue that CAR rating means much against aggressive stripping.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm for whatever, but everyone makes valid points. If you want to strip and get called for a facemask, thats the risk you run.

12. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I say ban it. Everything else is getting banned. I've never used it before, so I can't really comment on it, but it sounds like there are other things that you can do when you're facing a situation (which goes for pretty much all of the other gameplanning types).

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You do know that there is a "cover up" button right? Using this is much more realistic than pressing a button and never fumbling.