Gameplay and Dynasty reminders...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Nov 3, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

We haven't had one of these in a while so I just wanted to post a reminder for everyone on some issues I have seen over the last few weeks that I've noticed that are starting to creep away from sim style play.

1) 4th down attempts. You should only have 2 or 3 of these a game. Im seeing 4 sometimes 5 times a game. Now I can understand that in games where you are down in the 4th quarter, but this is happening in games where people win by 10+ points.

2) Clock management. Im seeing some disportionate time of possesion in games where the plays are fairly equal. That usually means that either you are chewing the clock, or simply running the clock down to far. Please remember that you aren't supposed to run the clock down to 1 second unless it is under 2:00 considering the time restraints we place on the game. This goes the other way too, I know it can happen but please be aware if you are running 75-80 plays a game on offense. That simply shouldn't happen.

3) Defenisvely be sure to mix it up. We are having some teams that have one or two players that are dominating the TFL and sacks. This goes for me as well.

4) Lining up your best WR in the slot. This is something that has popped up a couple of times and its something that shouldn't happen. Its something that the defense can't adjust and move its best corner to cover the slot guy, and now the best WR is going up against the third or maybe 4th best corner is simply not sim. I don't have a problem if the WR is one or two points better than the 2nd or 3rd WR, but if you have a WR that is 4-5 points better than any other WR and he is lining up in the slot, that is just not allowed.

Finally, content has dropped on here over the last few weeks, so lets pick it up.

Thanks

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

If you'd quit taking all the damn recruits (3 best safeties) I'd have something to post about!!!

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'd say averaging 2 or 3 4th down attempts a game is not sim.

Spread, fast paced offenses should hit around 80 plays.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What if you have 20 minutes of possession because the other team either scores on a bomb or goes 3 and out.:)

Look at my game against VT...they either scored right away or got stuffed.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, this happens. I've had a few games with Mizzou where I'm just up by like 4 scores at halftime and as a result, in the 2nd half I start running the ball and controlling the clock. If I didn't do this, I'd break the scoring cap.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am torn now... I tried milking more clock to make sure I dont run too many plays, but now if I use too much possession time, it seems I am running the clock and being unsim in that direction...

7. OMlawdog

Im going to assume that in some games you can't help it, especially if you are winning. My Time of Possession against BYU was roughly 2 to 1, but I was up 38-7 and did nothing but run the ball in the second half.

If you have similiar rushes and similiar completions, the time of possession should be close unless you blew the team out.

8. OMlawdog

I think everyone can find a balance that is sim. Just don't snap the ball every time before 25 second clock gets to 20, and don't wait until there is 1 second left on it in the 4th quarter and there is 4:00 left.

Im not calling anyone out, I just want to remind everone of these rules.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

what if your a ball control defensive team? the point of those teams are control the clock and play good defense...

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is the boat I am in as well, I rarely throw over 10-15 passes a game. If I can I run the ball every time and rely on my defense to make 1 or 2 plays to swing the game in my favor.

11. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Rex Ryan baby! Ground and Pound!