Gameplay and Recruiting Difficulty/Rules

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Obviously we will need to do some testing when the game comes out, but what are everyone's thoughts on gameplay and recruiting difficulty/rules?

My thought is that we start on Heisman recruiting and All-American gameplay difficulty in season 1 and see how it goes.

In regards to rules, I don't think we will need recruiting limits, since we'll all be recruiting against one another. I think most of the rules listed out in the novel-like rules thread will still apply for 2013, but are there any other rules you guys think should be added or removed?

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I think we should start Heisman on both and go from there, so that the cpu can compete immediately in ooc games. We don't all want to beat the ooc teams without a challenge and then have a 1 vs 2 SEC matchup! :p

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I think we wanted to start out on Heisman and go from there.

I do think that we need a 5 star limit. Either 4 a year or 6 spread out over 2 years. Some of us do have the capabilities of pulling in 4+ 5 stars a year.

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

No cutting players/oversigning! It's not like this is the SEC or anything...

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I dont think we can make a decision of Heisman / AA until we get a feel for the gameplay. For this reason, those with season ticket should have a say when we get down to the wire.

Recruiting - Heisman. If it keeps the CPU competitive longer, then this is what we should do.

Also, when the game comes out, I think we should revisit the DT rule. If it is still overpowered, keep that rule in. Otherwise, open that option up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Whats the DT rule?

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm pretty sure he meant how the DT's were way to good in 12 and could rack up 30 sacks in a season. We made a rule to disallow usering the right DT as it was too effective.

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Ahhh ok. Can we use the DE?

9. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I dont get many user sacks... and i tend to not want to run my other players out of position lol

10. Dru50

DEs are fine.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I mean I wouldn't assume we'd have the same problem as last year. I've only played 2 games on the demo and haven't usered and D-Linemen so I wouldn't know if it's a problem or not. I felt pretty comfortable using the MLB especially in zone. I feel a lot of the rules we make will have to be made on the fly as different issues arise.

12. Dru50

I've used the right DT a ton to see if it's an issue in the demo - not so far as I can see.

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I used LSU's DT up 14-0 in late game passing situations. 4 dropbacks, 1 sack.

14. Dru50

Yeah - but LSU's DT's are beastly. I tried the same with USC and KSU's DT's and had zero sacks in 2 games after using the DT on every play. It's definitely improved from last year.

15. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Same here, help from the other lineman and the back was way more in play. Also looks like late pitches are basically a non-issue.

As to the topic, i agree with the OP. With 5-7 user games i'd rather see everyone have a season or two at AA before we jump to heisman. For recruiting im good with whatever, but i will say i'd prefer AA there as well, especially since we'll mostly be competing with each other anyways. Either way, LSU, Bama etc are going to crush the rest of us on the recruiting trail

16. Dru50

I'd prefer to start on AA, since that is what the game developers model the gameplay on. I'd like to see how the game plays at that level and then bump it up to Heisman if the CPU games are really ridiculous.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Recruiting should be on Heisman.

18. Wyrmreaver

Says six star Auburn to four star division rival Mizzou.....

:p

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

(y) Im sure that will flip flop after a season or two!

20. Wyrmreaver

My thing is that the game cheats on the fiekd and in recruiting when you have ut on heisman. The cpu teams get more hours/points than user teams by a wide margin on heisman.

Again, i'm in for the whole cycle either way, i just think we should stick with AA..... the recruiting ranks on rivals.com put 13 of the 16 "SEC" teams (including our additions) in the top 31. On AA i imagine that would be the same, on heisman it wont. Just my .02, im a recruiting nerd on this game and will almost certainly be okay either way

21. Wyrmreaver

Maybe.... i am less confident after the demo

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

we will be fighting eachother more than the computer, and not everyone is going to have winning season with 7 user games plus Heisman difficulty. Recruiting could get really rough for folks that can not out recruit users, or CPU. But then again it could keep the more successful teams from stacking. couldn't hurt to start on heisman.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

These are my thoughts as well. I'll say I hated Heisman last year, but only because of the cheating jumping LBs in the pass game. If I can still fit a pass into a spot where it should be able to be fit, I am good. I say start on Heisman and maybe make the schedules a bit easier. It's easier to fiddle with the strength of schedule than to up the game mode because it's too easy imo.

I just think some of us are afraid to lose :p. If ya can't stand the heat...

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm guessing the demo is on AA? If it is we're going to need something a little tougher. I think I'm 4-0 in demo games and have allowed a combined and have allowed 13 points total. Is anyone else having a lot of success on defense? If this difficulty is AA, I feel Heisman would e best.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

• Like Like x 1