Gameplay Concerns

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Nov 6, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ok guys it's time to bring up a few concerns with gameplay.

1. Overuse of the 4-5 wr formation play where the inside slot man run the off center streak up the middle. I've been hearing about people using this play a lot as well as experienced it myself. In my opinion that is very cheesy and other have felt that way too. There has been an over reliance on this play and that needs to stop.

2. No-huddle
    Now there was no rule on the use of no huddle, but we should discuss the allowed frequency of using no huddle.

3. Overuse of certain formations
    I have also heard about people using the same 1-2 formation for most of the game. Guys we need to make an effort of expanding your playbook. There's so many formations to use why are we just sticking to 2-3 all game?

I'd like to see some comments from you guys about these issues because we need to fix this.

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

1. I Agree

2. I dont mind no huddle if its ran correctly. Here is how I run it. No huddle.....pick my play....then press the audible button and "B" to cancel the audible. That does the team looking at the sidelines animation. Then I run the play. After all that, im running no huddle, but snapping the ball with 15-20 left on the playclock.

3. I Agree again....I thought we were all good enough to do different things in the game by now.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Maybe you are. I'm not. :D

I believe there was a rule about the no huddle saying you could do it unless there was an incomplete pass. I may be wrong on that, though. Not a big fan of running it myself, unless it's during the last portion of a half.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

1) I do use 4/5 wide but not continuously, usually if I am trying to pick up a long first down.

2) I only use no huddle if I am down the final 2 minutes and I need to score. Otherwise I never use it.

3) I use the Multiple, I have gone whole games without calling the same play twice (same formation, similar looking plays yes).

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

All of I've got to say in regards to my offense is that I run no huddle every single play, unless there is an incompletion, a play for no gain or a loss, or the game just doesnt let me. If I'm up big, I'll stop running no huddle in the fourth quarter and maybe the third.

edit: Also, in regards to being up big late in games. I am a pass heavy offense, I'm gonna keep passing the ball to move the chains, you can not expect me to run the ball three straight times out of shotgun and get a first down. What is wrong with running your normal offense to move the chains and keep the clock running?

I use the Troy playbook, and every formation is 3wr with a TE, 4wr, or 5wr.

I come out and depending on what the defense is in I have certain reads that I throw to, that's why my receptions are pretty balanced despite the fact some of guys were injured for multiple games which skewed the numbers a bit.

You know what I think is cheesy (if running a streak across the middle is)? Running man to man every single play. Honestly, I have no problem with that, but if you're gonna run man there are only a number of routes that are going to be open. I don't run the streak straight up the middle like it is out of the verticals play, but I run 15 yards drags across the field as well as outs, digs, slants, rocket screens, etc etc.

Also, the scoring cap is 60 points, this season we have had 7 cases where people have went over that. One of them was myself, however it was against a user and the final score was 61-42.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Damn Murk feeling guilty?????? I think this thread is about Ike anyway we all know he cheats there is no way Vagina can consistently go to a bowl game with Vince Lombardi as head coach let alone ass coach Ike!!!

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Oh and HR about number 1 you probably see more 4-5 WR sets than anyone cause you are usually ahead and its a last ditch effort to go 5 wide and air it out to get back from the three touchdown deficit that we are in. Damn you for bringing this league down. Sir you know what to do. Fall on the sword this offseason you must leave UGA and take over UK. That will give us at least 2 years to compete until you have that program up and running.

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ha, just bringing up shit I've heard from others. Obviously that stuff doesn't bother me too much, I just win my games, lol.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Nope, just getting my side of the story out there..

Seems to me no one complains when theyre winning, until they get smoked then they just talk shit and quit.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

lol....Hey man....Im scratching clawing fighting biting pulling grabbing doing whatever I can to get a miracle win each game. Hopefully it gets better....

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I'm supposed to use Clemson's playbook year 1: correct?

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I believe you can use whatever playbook you want, but you've got to post it by like week 3 and can't change for the remainder of the season.

13. Gyrene76

got it thanks man

14. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Glad to see you're still a bitch York. ;)

That is all, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

man i miss this guy

16. Jman

Don't lie, its not nice to lie. lol

I'm around now, football is over and I could no longer stay away. My how things have change around this place.

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yea....But some are still the same....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jman

Besides York's pansiness in all things user-games? Elighten me old friend lol...

19. Gyrene76

I played York last night...he only yelled at me 12x

:) i kid i kid

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Jman, had you stayed in, you and I would be playing for the first time. Wake Forest is on Miami's schedule this year. No biggie, but I was looking for the easy win. Guess I have to earn it now. :D

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Gyrene kept yelling some thing about Growing Pains and how he LOVES Leo Dicaprio it was so disturbing???

22. Jman

It would have been an easy win, I've played exactly two games in the last two and a half months lol

23. Jman

Thats just wrong. lol

24. Gyrene76

haha, i forgot he was even in that show

25. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

About this whole thing...I have become speechless!