Gameplay Concerns

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by HotRod, Jul 30, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Gameplay Concerns

Ok guys, I think I just need to make sure we clean some things up in terms of gameplay. I've gotten some complaints here and there about some plays that haven't been going along with what is considered SIM.

1. Rolling Out/Sprinting to the sidelines
    The only reasons why you should be rolling out immediately after the snap is with a designed rollout play or if you are getting pressured. I've seen some vids of people taking the snap and darting to the sideline then throwing the ball. That should not be happening. Also if you are getting pressure and escaping the pocket you still should not e running all the way to the sideline either make the decision to throw, throw the ball away, or run. You shouldn't be sitting there for 15 seconds allowing for the flawed AI to breakdown. Now that has not happened yet to my knowledge but should still be mentioned.

2. Moving players on defense
    You should be controlling 1 player on defense Pre-Snap. Also when controlling a defensive lineman please to not manually spread your ends out wide. You can control your line alignment so use that. Also when pass rushing we all know that if you have a fast DE all you have to do is run out wide and you can pretty much beat the DE every time. Please try not to do things like this. The AI blocking is still not good enough to defend stuff like that. Use your pass rush moves, they are very much effective enough for you to work your way to the QB. Sure you can try to run around the tackle but do it in a realistic fashion instead of running 5 yards out then up the field.

3. Options
    We all know that the option is still just as flawed as last year, meaning pitches while the QB is damn near on the ground. Most of the time you can prevent yourself from doing this. There is nothing worse than playing te play perfectly but the guy still gets the pitch of when his knee is basically on the ground. I know this one is hard to police but when running your option play do your best to run it realstically. If you guy is tackled and basically on the ground take the loss.

This is not aimed at anyone specifically. I've spoken to a couple guys one on one. I want everyone to be aware of what kind of stuff is going on. I want the gameplay to be as SIM as possible. We off to a good start so let keep t that way. Thanks guys.

2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Bumping to put to the top

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yes, this is a sim community... if your doing some of the above things, please think about your motives. We are playing a video game and when you registered as a new member, you agreed to our SIM based rules.

Please don't ruin your opportunity to be in one of our premier leagues.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have a Running QB and if I sprint out the sideline like that I am doing it b/c I am looking to run......not pass.

You shouldn't be passing from the sideline..only on rare occasions.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I really think in these situations that it is best be as transparent as possible. Obviously the rules are set clear for everyone to see, but if there is specific question/issue, we should put it on the table via PM or on the forum. That is what the forum is for. Also, as you mentioned, some issues are so close to borderline that it is tough to call. For instance, several plays have designed waggles/rollouts (red playart). As long as someone is 1) rolling out and making a decision (run/pass) quickly, 2) not using this this is not their primary offense, 3) not rolling literally to the sideline, I think that is fairly realistic.

Another sticky one is pitching. With some of the animations, when you get close to a defender, you can be smashing pitch and they won't pitch it until you are engaged in the tackle. Unless someone is doing this 8, 10, 15 times a game, it seems a bit harsh to think they are purposely trying to exploit a flaw. Not to mention, the chance of a turnover goes WAY up when you do it. I've played a few guys online that run option 20+ times a game and usually destroy them by 1) not going for the kill shot on the QB 2) scooping up fumbles when they make an errant pitch.

6. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

IMO dirty laundry should be aired out in public and not in PMs. I mean we're grown men, no need to be sending PMs to commish and then commish relaying to someone else. If it's a community everyone should know what's going on that way they can chime in with their two cents and then everyone will know what is cool and not cool to do.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We might be grown men but your assuming these grown men with EGOS can handle criticism. Sometimes discussions like that blowup when it could have been avoided.

I myself has seen this way too many times.

8. Blaza

Agree 100%. At least that way, we can get everyone's side/opinion. The game is still new, I'm sure more issues/questions will come up.

9. Blaza

True enough, but it gets even dicier when someone feels they are being unfairly 'snitched' on per say. For me though, it really comes down to the old Glass House adage. Over the course of 100+ plays, there is always going to be a few plays that someone is unhappy about. For example, in '09 I saw players who screamed SIM from the highest mountaintop. Yet when I saw video of them, they took a 8-12 step drop on EVERY pass play. No they weren't rolling to the sidelines, but that breaks the AI just as much as IMO. Not Sim.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah what I'm trying to avoidis a big piss fest between players. At the same time I'd like this all to get clear up now so we can all enjoy this dynasty and not worry about gameplay issues.

11. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Do you want the person to be in a league who can't realize/admit what he does is not kosher? NO

I play with another group of guys that the only way of us communicating is in party/private chat or on the cell phones. If someone had problem with the way someone was playing best believe it was brought up over the mic. Since I've been here I've heard only Ryno's voice over a message. Posting messages are on a forum are kinda of impersonal when you compare it to being able to talk to someone. NOW when the person that has a problem with the way you played they have to send a PM to another person AND THEN that person relays it to you, it makes it even more impersonal/weird.

I'm not trying to argue/pick a fight. If the head honchos feel the way things are handled now are best way, I'll trust their experience.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you would rather some guy posted up in the forums after your game about how cheesy what you did was and basically puts question on your rep with EVERYONE who reads that forum post.....

or have the guy privately message the commsh about his issues, let the commish come to you and get your side... bring you both together privately and work through what happened.....

I would choose option B... and this also gives the commish a good idea of who is not playing sim if they continually get reported on WITHOUT having been outed in the forums then the commish knows the complaints are legit and not based on someone's reaction to public postings about the guy.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah yeah what he said!!

14. Blaza

Hehe, I hear where you are coming from man. Personally, I really don't think of it as damaging Rep per se. I honestly don't think anyone who takes the time and effort to participate in these leagues would purposely break rules that have been set in place. Many of us have been playing and talking football on these boards for years and years and years. It really is obvious when someone is cheesing IMO. To me, throwing the cheese accusation around all the time is a little lame. It is just a slippery slope to navigate. I have never watched anyone play and not do something that could at least be called into question. Hell in my opinion, the guys last year who recruited 1 and 2 star players just because they were A+ speed were the ultimate definition of cheese. They were purposely exploiting the speedwhoring---was that sim? I think having and following rules is very important. However, I also think the going behind each others back stuff is extremely high school.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I prefer to think of it as going to a mediator to help resolve the issue without either side getting too bent out of shape.... guys have ego's, maybe not the ones you know, but there are 300+ guys on here now... best to just have a policy all can handle instead of a policy only the cool, calm and collected can handle.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

HotRod....Just a question, Was I doing something wrong gettin all those sacks? It was the CPU, and not manual, I was the LB in coverage. That DE was just beastly though that half.

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Nah, that was def my shitty LT, lol. Same thing happened with my game vs. mcyork, lol. No problems with your gameplay man.

18. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I have no problem with issues being brought right out on the table. As long as its in a respectable manner. This way, guys know what to look for in the future. How many times have we been in leagues where a guy cheeses and it's privately reported. Then 4 user games later someone bitches about the same thing. Only to find out later, that all the users inbetween those 2 games had the same issues but never complained about it. Meaning he could have been doing it all season with out people complaining about it til later. We're all adults here, i think. If we have a problem with a Video game and can't handle it like adults with out getting in cat fights then theres a problem.

19. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Gotta agree. And what sometimes bugs me even more than cheesers, is someone who plays a sim game 98% of the game but has 3-4 questionable plays and someone accuses them of cheesing. Lets make a mutual agreement and not bitch/cry/whine about someone that slips up a couple times a game. Unless it's something like goin for it on 4th and 9 in the 2nd Q in your own end.

20. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I agree with this Marcman. Nobody is ever going to be 100% sim, hard to do when the game has little nuances that may be hard to avoid. I merely put this stuff out there because I've gotten some sort of complaint each week and this sort of stuff should not be happening. We all came to Tradition for a reason, and that's to play good football games against good opponents who don't cheese all game like the lobby players.

21. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

HotRod is pure cheese...... (y)

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yep, I love it all, provalone, cheddar, american, mozzarella, swiss, jack. YUMMY!!!!

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Muenster FTW!!!!!!!

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i like Coldplay so i must be a Bree fan...