Gameplay Discussion

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jul 13, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

What are some early thoughts on the game.

I only had a little time to play last night (spent rest of time trying to solve net problems). I started an offline dynasty as Utah and played Boise State in my first game. My biggest problem is passing the ball. I did ok rushing the ball and playing defense, though Moore made some nice passes against my mediocre defense. I lost the game 27-10. I was down 20-10 with the ball in the 4th quarter when I threw a pick 6 that sealed the game.

I also played with recruiting for a bit. It seems visits cannot be scheduled till player is in Top 3 stage. Does anyone know if only 3 schools can schedule visits or if it is still 5. I only messed with recruiting a little so didn't pay attention to how many schools could schedule. All the recruits visiting my school had my team 1 or 2 as of when I scheduled their visits.

Lastly I got to week 15 of my dynasty after simming the season. For some reason I could not get it to advance to the next week, no matter what I tried. I ended up just turning the game off for the night.

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im gonna mess around with this tonight. All I did yesterday was play online. Lag was reaaaaaly bad at times, but when it wasnt online was very smooth.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm with ya on passing Brave, struggling right now.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am with you, passing is tough!! I threw 5 pics in my tourney game. Gonna be an interesting first couple seasons....

5. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

What level are you guys playing on? Default Heisman?

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

In my 2 tourney games I threw 4 picks combined. 1 to khaalis, and 3 to Mo. 1 was a really dumb one, bit the zones are making this much more than pick a play and chuck it. Well see, I have to find a damn playbook.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I played a bit more but picks are killing me. My other big problem is drives stalling out just before getting into field goal range.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I've played 4 or 5 user games and i'm halfway through year 1 in an offline dynasty.

I've found that as far as my gameplay is concerned running seems to be reliable. Not easy, but very reliable. Passing is a real bitch. In one of my offline games against Nebraska we combined for 10 picks. I threw 6 or 7 of them. Not only is zone harder, but corners will jump your shit. Also the pass rush seems very extreme. I think pass rush contributed to half my picks in the Nebraska game and also have accounted for more than a few of my picks overall. For my next game against Illinois I turned both user and cpu int's down to 30 and turned pass rush down to 40 for each. That seemed to help. I think I'll take it back to 40 int and 40 pass rush for both sides for my next game. But those seem to be my major issues right now. I like that the a.i. seems harder on AA default though. I'm doing really well on defense.

I'm not suggesting any slider changes, just stating what I've seen / done.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I liked because, I fucking threw 10 today as well. It was laughable TBH. I wasnt too hard on myself though. What I always tdo to lab when the game comes out is pick Bama to play against. I was Baylor and it was on Heisman too. So, all of my complaints have to be taken with a grain of salt. I feel the exact same way as Digital though.

Running is like my comfort zone. Im not sure how I feel bout that cuz passing has always been my thing. Passing is frustrating for me. Its frustrating because Im so inconsistent with it. There are plays when I see whats going on, but im late. Pick/sack. Then the others, where I feel like im in the Matrix and im seeing stuff open up before its even there and BOOM, 20 yard pass. Also having more trouble with my User catches this season for sumb ass reason.

Jman
    BDSDIGITAL

These two might actually fuck around and beat me this year. LoL ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

No hope for me :(

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I've beaten you before....it might have been 1 out of half dozen attempts..but I did get you once :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm actually 1 and about 5 against you thank you very much! lol