Archived Gameplay Impressions

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by papaloke, Jul 6, 2012.

1. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Some of you may have already done this on the main board but I'm just going to post here. I'm "working from home today" and it's slow so I've been able to play a few demo games. Here's my takeaways:
    I guess first it would be nice to know which skill level the demo is set on, do you guys think All-American or Varsity?
    1. The QB's arm strength seems to be a lot weaker, seems like you'll have to depend on timing of throws more than just fitting it into a spot.
    2. DB's seem to be more relaxed on coverage, even played 10 yards off the LOS on some plays.
    3. HB/FB seem to pick up blocks better.
    4. Seem to have a little more control over the WR's but I haven't quite figured it out yet.
    5. Running seems about the same
    6. I actually recovered an onside kick (might be a first ever)
    7. Defense seems about the same, it might be a little harder to jump the snap.
    8. I really haven't seen many big plays, I had a long run but that's about it.
    9. USC is the best of all the demo teams, they look like a monster this year. :)

Anyway, if any of you guys have the season ticket and play this weekend, please post and let me know if you're seeing the same thing as the demo or if the skill level on the demo is slowing everything down.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ncaa-13-media-to-drop-at-6pm-est.79936/

I recommend this ^^^

gameplay in the retail version is different

• Like Like x 1
  3. papaloke

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

1. I love the toned down arm strength and reliance on timing
    2. As for DBs being relaxed in coverage, I'm impressed with how good DBs react, particularly in zone. Very happy with this.
    3. Agreed
    4. Disagree. I've got decent user catching ability, and have been struggling mightily. Perhaps it's just a matter of adjusting. I know they said it'd be easier for non-stick skill guys to user catch this year.
    5. I've been running spread for once, so it's difficult for me to compare. Option seems more realistic. Harder in some respects, easier in others.
    6. I did as well. It was a nice surprise.
    7. Maybe it's just me, but I feel there are some nuanced differences on d. Read and react AI in the secondary is huge, and the DEs seem to get a bit more pass rush.
    8. I've had many big plays. The game feels more "open" this year with passing trajectories and the new pass animations that take recievers upfield quicker.
    9. USC is the best team in the game. Period. Bulldog is going to have a blast rolling on us

A lot will change in the retail version and in upping the difficulty level.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa fella , speak for yourself , we have other plans come November 3rd :D

story-23-mascot4-47361.jpg

Attached Files:

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

MartyWebb looked hard for that 3yr gain against Oregon huh ? :p

8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

It actually took me 3 google searches, so yes.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

10. Iron Mickey

What do you mean? Those are videos I made this week with the retail version

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I mean what is different lol

I just want clarity on what you are saying is different is all , give me some examples. I watched the video , and it could be my own poor eye or just being an idiot but I wanted to hear from you, whose opinion I trust ,waht is different. I am not being accuristory or trying to troll , I honestly want a suggestion on what to look for so I compare is all.

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

13. Iron Mickey

Yeah, the gameplay in the Demo is not the same in the Retail version. I knew it soon as I played the Demo weeks ago based on what I played in Orlando

I got the impression they held back in the demo, more in regards to the passing game.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I guess I misread, so it is the demo you are saying is different, not the season pass right ?

I was thinking you are saying season pass & retail hard copy are not the same. Sorry about the confusion.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I really , REALLLLYYYYY like the way the recruiting is set up now (y)

It allows me to see what my position of need is when scrolling down with left trigger , which is nice, would be perfect if we could edit what we feel is position of need vs CPU telling me, but I can deal with that.

I like the following :

I can make any promise, period.
    I can toggle the Y to see the guys skills & who he has on his board... not clunky at all
    The scouting feature is cool , was not sure I would like it but I think it will add depth
    I get to pick what I choose to talk about , thank God

Dislike :

Still under 3K total prospects, not sure if that is realistic or not but can we get a higher number after all these years ?
    Some 4 stars are low 60's , some 3 stars are almost 80 .... thats a big gap IMO

16. I Peench

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Um its not my thread ?

18. I Peench

I meant to tag papaloke as well, didn't mean to call you out . <3 :)

19. papaloke

No worries, you can lock it down if you need to.