Gameplay issue

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 14, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Gameplay issue

Here's something that I just read in Geauxlden's blog:

I've noticed this issue while playing online "lobby" games that those of us may or may not be aware of. For the record, I'm not saying that Basis did this on purpose, nor am I saying that it had anything to do with the outcome (because it obviously didn't). It has nothing to do with their game, it's just that reading it reminded me of this issue.

It seems in general, the defense controls when we go back to the play screen. If the defensive team pushes "a" we'll go to the play screen. This can be used as a rather cheestastic way to prevent the offense from running hurry up. Also, there are a lot of times where if the defensive team does not push the "a" button, the offense can't get to the play screen. I'm guessing EA did this so that the offensive team can't prevent the defensive team from seeing their players celebrate after a big play or something stooopid like that.

Anywho, I have had several situations while playing online where there's only a few seconds left, I have a timeout left, and I complete a pass in the middle of the field. I mash my "timeout" button, but nothing happens (again, I guess so I can't prevent my opponent from seeing his celebratory cutscene). I mash "a" to try to get to the play screen, but again, nothing happens. Instead I sit there mashing buttons while I watch the clock run out with a timeout still in my pocket because the defensive player never pushed "a".

I don't know how many of us are aware of this issue so I'm bringing it to light. I'd like to ask that those of us in this league, if on defense in a situation like this, push "a" so that the other guy can call a timeout. It didn't cost Geauxlden a win, but I have lost at least 2 games online because of this bug. If I were to lose a game in this league while I had to watch the last 3 seconds run off the clock as I tried frantically to call a TO while being unable to, I'd be pretty upset.

2. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Thanks for bringing this to light Jello. I don't play online much outside of this dynasty, so I had no clue about the bug. As you said, it didn't cost me the game, but I certainly would've liked to have kicked a field goal in that situation. Oh well.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Yeah. I think that unless you've had it happen to you a few times, you have no idea what's going on. You were sitting there cussing at the screen wondering why in the hell you couldn't call a timeout. Meanwhile, Basis was probably sitting there thinking "doesn't that dumbass know he has a timeout left? Why doesn't he call it?"

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I don't know about this having anything to do with the defense at all. I have had this happen to me in one OD user game and one OD cpu game. In bot cases I even hit the start button to try to call a timeout the old fashioned way. Seems like a big programming error.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I've never heard of this but I'll def. do whatever I can to allow the other player to get plays off...