Gameplay reminder

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok so... I get complaints from the losing side in about 99% of our contests. See my sig for details. However... When common themes within these complaints develop, I will need to make mention of them.

The one that is routinely being brought up these days is showing blitz. (triangle left, bringing the SS up to the line). I'm hearing that this is happening practically every play in some contests. While I tend to think that most of us are pretty straight and that this can tend to be an exaggeration in the mind of somebody who came up short, I still feel it needs to be mentioned.

This is not aimed at any one person, because I've gotten so many complaints about it. It's a game play reminder for all of us. Everything is supposed to be done in moderation. If you bring the SS up close, it should be something the offense notices and keys on, rather than "what you're doing every play anyway."

Thanks for reading.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That's probably b/c no one has any Elite WRs and hardly anyone (I play) throws the Deep sideline Fly patten effectively.

Its 1st down show blitz, 2nd show blitz, 3rd and long pass defense.

I also think people do it b/c is is near impossible to count on AI DBs to cover 6-12 yard over the middle and short slants. Bringing them down sort of cludders the middle of the field and makes it harder to quick throw or read.

Anywho nothing I do works against practically anyone on pass defense so.....

Point noted.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Everyone I play hits us over the top even when we are in two deep, and our DBs should a strength but they arent.

I have seen this against people and it really doesnt bother me too much....unless I lose...;)

Also remember that you dont even need to do the show blitz at times, if you call a blitz alot of times the Safties creep to the line of scrimmage on their own if they are man up in the coverage scheme..I am not saying.... just saying.

I have used it at times usually when I am pissed at my D and cant get stops.., so ill keep it in mind playing down the road.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well that's the thing, it's o.k. to use it. Even if you're trying to make a point on a certain series or whatever (late in the game, need to stop the run) a team would do this. It's sim. It's just not sim every play every game.

I've honestly never had a problem with anybody I played against in our league (and how much they did this) so it took a few complaints from others for me to bring it up.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Agreed everything in moderation....Bring those Safeties up by the way

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I hit my guys deep often. Ask Bruce ;)

I'm still under the impression that we have to play the safeties we control 10 yards behind the LOS. Is that still true? Cuz I abide by that rule.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

No, that is not necessarily true. Again it's everything in moderation. If you're playing the FREE safety... You shouldn't be doing that too often. I remember early last year (when I made mention of something) it was a situation where you were pretty consistently lining up right behind your linebackers then playing deep. That kind of thing I don't think is fair. If you're coming up to blitz, or occasionally fake a blitz, or something like that, it's another thing altogether.

I feel like the run blocking is a tad better this year so it doesn't break the game as much either if you're up close.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ok gotcha! thanks for the clarification!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

And also with locomotion, you can no longer line up right behind the LOS and cover 40 yards downfield even if you wanted :)