Gameplay reminder

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 15, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Disclaimer:
    -bonner and Mullen and goose

Reminder:
    -speed ur shit up and stop being dbags milking clock the whole damn game. Staring at the screen for 80pct of the game while running 25 total plays is gay.

Just a courtesy to remember.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Disclaimer...this is directed at Bonner and I.

It has not been brought up a couple of times, just by heath.

:Dlove you

• Like Like x 3
  3. vatechhokie01

you let it mean whatever the heck you want it to mean.

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

loud and clear

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I usually call my plays around the 15 second mark on the play clock and hike around the 10 second mark. I do this in both CPU/Users games. I've found if I go too quick I'm not choosing the right play or prematurely ending my drives. I like nice slow, long drives. Not quick short ones.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^thats what she said

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

see now this is better

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Quit yer damn bitching and win some games. ;)

10. vatechhokie01

you're right. screw it. no rules. play to win fellas.

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Now,now, I was just saying when we played at 8 minute qtrs. that is what I did. But I have noticed that with 7 minute qtrs even the CPU drives seem to take up alot of time. We can all come to a concencious(sp?) on this and develop a rule Offense has to have play called by the time playclock hits 20 seconds or something like that. I was just razzing ya, man cheer up.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

first off....I have a 5-0 user record. (one loss was too cheesedick Sceptic so I am not counting it)

thats all. Just wanted to throw that out there. Next up on my clock killing list.....SCOOTER

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

Alright, here's the deal losers and douchebags.

I hate losing like the next guy. But contrary to popular belief, I handle them pretty darn well (but I do hate it), don't break shit, don't have a bad night afterwards... and get over it pretty damn quick.

That said, I was trying (huge failed attempt apparently and thanks to the co-commish's predictable undermining) to address something that is just silly and been known on Tradition forever: user-user games are short as crap and it is gay and lame if you take forever with playcalls.

To be clear and with regards to Bonner (since it was taken there by dbag mullen): I have zero accusation of bonner cheating or even playing unsim. If there is one guy in this league that is considerate and the antithesis of selfish... it is big teddybear and lover Bonner. This has absolutely nothing to do with cheating or intentional unsim play. nothing. nada. zilch.

But he is still rather new. And bless his heart, dude ran the f-ing clock down to like 1 second every damn play from the get-go. I addressed it in game, he apologized, and tried to speed up (which to admit was tough due to lag).

But to clarify you idiots, this has a hell of a lot more to do with me being bored out of my mind and not feeling like I was even playing a game as I stared at the screen for 85pct of the time than it does that I lost or it impeded some chance I might have had. SMU is pretty darn good and I'm not great to be sure (possibly the worst passer in the history of the game). If he would have called more plays he probably would have beat me worse. This is not the issue...

but we are, lest we forget, about some level of sim play. If you think I'm not over a loss, you are an idiot and need to stop transferring your silliness to me. What I am is hoping that I, nor you, have to endure running 25 plays in a game again: its boring as hell and lame.

And contrary to jokes, it has nothing to do with stalled drives (hilarious joke btw) as any elementary educated human could discover by realizing i barely lost in OT.

And for THE. LOVE. OF. GOD....

stop apologizing through text messages and on here for talking crap. I am a big boy and love the trash-talk. I am as happy as a lark... minus ya'll living in some dreamworld where I am not happy as a lark.

So have at it dbags.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I have a 3-0 user/user record under my belt Mully. I can't WAIT to play you!!!

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Dude did you seriously forget that you're Eastern FREAKING Michigan? ThePlague0208

• Like Like x 1
  16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

WOW...i fell asleep midway through that. Please submit a short write up on my desk in the morning...

sidenote...since you cleaned bonner's record....

all this directed at me?

17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

this thread makes me happy. a little lover's spat between mullen and heath gone public.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Goose

Goose Walk On

In all Seriousness, let's make a ruling now on what is acceptable. Is it more waiting to hike or taking too long to pick the play? vatechhokie01 I hate waiting on guys to pick their play, but as I said I do the same thing, but I usually hike around 10 seconds.

19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah for the record, i think he is actually on to something here. I did milk the clock a tad... I think there should be hard and fast rule about ettiqute because when it happens to you (or me) it may not be as funny.

Given the chance to do it all over again against Heath.....i would keep throwing and put up 50 on him.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I don't think there should be a "rule". But were all friends here. We shouldn't be doing that to each other. And if we do they should called out on it here on the boards.

I personally like to mixed up the snap count on user/user games. Especially if the other guy is controlling a dl or de.

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

A gentlemens agreement. No milking the clock before 2 left in the half and hike around 10 on play clock.

22. vatechhokie01

personally im pretty against the hard rule... just be considerate. this league is unashamedly built on relationships (f-ed up ones, lol). just know that user-user games, even if you are lightning quick with play calls, are much shorter than cpu games. keep this in mind and find a respectful balance.

notes:
    -goose: 10 second hike is better than 0 second hike. 10 seconds on every play is a lot of time saved.
    -bonner: i addressed, he fixed, and there was no issue after tha
    -mullen: i was bewildered that he was obviously and intentionally milking clock with the run and a lead at the start of the 2nd half... i have no idea why he would do this, especially as we had played multiple times and i had this "lovers belief" that he was as sim as they come. but he in the end is a gay come to find out. which is ironic and not to be confused with my "lovers belief" comment. (note: i said nothing about this game from like 10 weeks ago until said toolshed opened this can of worms today). i cannot, however, deny that i still love him. unhealthy codependence maybe?

but, alas, my hard rule (and pipe up if you disagree): do your best to call plays in a timely and reasonable fashion and you should not in anyway be intentionally running out the clock until under 3min to go in the 4th. (Again, I might argue for 2.5min rather than 3 but I get that 3 is reasonable)

• Like Like x 1
  23. vatechhokie01

and to reiterate one last and final time: i know bonner well enough and it was clear that his slow play had nothing to do with intentionality and everything to do with him being as slow as my wife.

P.S. I absolutely can't wait till bonner gets home from work (McDonald's) and starts mouthing off over all of this.

• Like Like x 1
  24. vatechhokie01

yea, goose typed while i was typing, and after reading his: definitely important to come up with at least a hard rule on when in the 4th you can start running clock out.

thoughts?

2:30 left good compromise? not sure you should have to wait until 2:00 but 3:00 is a long time in such short games.

• Like Like x 1
  25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

2 min 44 seconds is good with me. Now are we allowed to switch to "conservative" offense by pushing L2 and switching it? That really brings the clock down in a timely matter.

• Like Like x 1